ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

...!¬"£$% - STUDENT IN LOVE - "$£%£$....

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

salop22
Newly Registered

...!¬"£$% - STUDENT IN LOVE - "$£%£$....

Post by salop22 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:01 am

Hey u guys im curently on a student visa since 2004 here in the uk working part time and studying Buisness and Graphic Design doing my degree at the moment which ends january 2011.

ive been with my polish girlfirend since 2004 but we dont live together she lives with her father and we are looking for get married soon and move to my house so we can live together, i currently live with my uncle at the moment in a flat.

my question is what are the procedures do i need to go through to get married in this country and also what will happen to my student visa?? will i still be able to study or will i be granted another visa???

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:34 am

where are you from please?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: ...!¬"£$% - STUDENT IN LOVE - "$£%£$....

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 am

salop22 wrote:Hey u guys im curently on a student visa since 2004 here in the uk working part time and studying Buisness and Graphic Design doing my degree at the moment which ends january 2011.

ive been with my polish girlfirend since 2004 but we dont live together she lives with her father and we are looking for get married soon and move to my house so we can live together, i currently live with my uncle at the moment in a flat.

my question is what are the procedures do i need to go through to get married in this country and also what will happen to my student visa?? will i still be able to study or will i be granted another visa???

You need to apply for a certificate of approval first. Your student visa will not be affected. If you're over 21, you can then switch to FLR(M).
I tell it like it is.

salop22
Newly Registered

Post by salop22 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:27 pm

oh ok so what happens next after i apply

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:53 pm

salop22 wrote:oh ok so what happens next after i apply
after you apply for FLR(M) you can stay in the country for two years. 28 days before the flr(m) expires you can apply for probationary citizenship if your relationship is still ongoing and you have lived together during the full duration of FLR(M).
I tell it like it is.

salop22
Newly Registered

Post by salop22 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:22 am

im from domnica thats in the caribbean , oh ok i see so what about if we go back to her home country and get married do i still need to go through all of this procedure..

thanks. :?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 am

boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
after you apply for FLR(M) you can stay in the country for two years. 28 days before the flr(m) expires you can apply for probationary citizenship if your relationship is still ongoing and you have lived together during the full duration of FLR(M).
I don't think this is correct. OP's gf is an EEA citizen so the correct leave is a residence card as a family member of an EEA citizen, after marriage of course.

So the OP's gf must have been exercising a treaty right, by working or studying, and if working should have been registered under WRS for the first year.

Can be applied for in-country and is free.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:17 am

Wanderer wrote:
boulevardofbrokendreams wrote:
I don't think this is correct. OP's gf is an EEA citizen so the correct leave is a residence card as a family member of an EEA citizen, after marriage of course.

So the OP's gf must have been exercising a treaty right, by working or studying, and if working should have been registered under WRS for the first year.

Can be applied for in-country and is free.
whoops :D. My bad. Elena needs to fully read the question and not skim.
I tell it like it is.

salop22
Newly Registered

Post by salop22 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 pm

lol are u guys refuringto me or someone else .. :? :? :? :?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:40 pm

salop22 wrote:lol are u guys refuringto me or someone else .. :? :? :? :?
U - read my post - ur problems are over! U want my Paypal?

salop22
Newly Registered

Post by salop22 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:09 pm

ok ..lol where do i send my £500 to whos pay pal..lol

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:07 pm

Is your girl-friend Polish or Hungarian ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 am

salop22 wrote:Hey u guys im curently on a student visa since 2004 here in the uk working part time and studying Buisness and Graphic Design doing my degree at the moment which ends january 2011.

If Polish girlfriend had acquired Permanent residence, then, after marriage, switching to FLR(M) is also possible.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 am

vinny wrote:

If Polish girlfriend had acquired Permanent residence, then, after marriage, switching to FLR(M) is also possible.
But in another post the OP said his gf is Hungarian, so he's either dim, forgetful, multi-girlfriended or jerking our collective chain....