ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job search suggestion

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

asal
BANNED

job search suggestion

Post by asal » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:24 am

hi,
i'm travelling to UK next month.Please suggest is that the right time to search job in UK.How is job market there?

thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: job search suggestion

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:29 am

asal wrote:hi,
i'm travelling to UK next month.Please suggest is that the right time to search job in UK.How is job market there?

thanks
Have you done any research at all? The job market is utter pants, contract rates are down be nearly half, when u can find a contract.

My guess is things will only improve around july/august, let's see if a bit if sunshine can reignite the job market.

If I were you I certainly wouldn't come in the near future, it's the worst I've experienced in my 30 years working life....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ThirdWorldTraveller
Member of Standing

Re: job search suggestion

Post by ThirdWorldTraveller » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:42 pm

asal wrote:hi,

thanks
Asal,
Job Market is certainly picking up. I'm looking and so are few friends and things are certainly better than last year. Come by all means, but he prepare to struggle and do not hold high hopes.
Third World Traveller

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:23 am

Unless your in healthcare.

coolguyhyd
Newly Registered

Post by coolguyhyd » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:05 am

I would like to seek advice from senior members.....I have Tier-1 General and looking to move to UK. I have done MBA and working with Global Top5 pharma company in India into Marketing research and Business Analytics. Do you think in current scenario I will be able to find a job soon if I move now.

Also, which city will be better prospects wise - London or Edinburgh.

Many thanks!!

Rohit_s
Newly Registered

Post by Rohit_s » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:39 am

coolguyhyd wrote:I would like to seek advice from senior members.....I have Tier-1 General and looking to move to UK. I have done MBA and working with Global Top5 pharma company in India into Marketing research and Business Analytics. Do you think in current scenario I will be able to find a job soon if I move now.

Also, which city will be better prospects wise - London or Edinburgh.

Many thanks!!
Very very risky to quit a job and come to the UK. There are MBAs from LBS and Harvard who haven't been able to find jobs here. One British guy I know from INSEAD had to go all the way to Infosys Bangalore to get an internship. So quitting your job and moving to the UK to look for one would not be the wisest thing to do at the moment.

gulgon

Post by gulgon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 am

Jobs market is getting better, but it all depends on your expertise. You should apply to a lot of jobs without losing your confidence.