ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student visa holiday period

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bhavya
Newly Registered

student visa holiday period

Post by bhavya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi I just want to know how much student visa holder can live outside the uk.
I m on student dependet visa and me and my wife want to go for holiday in india for four week.
Also i m planning to apply for tier1 from india so it will take more than four week may be not sure...
Beet worried when coming back...
Please advice

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:55 pm

If it's during term time you need to be in the uk studying or else there will be suspicion as to whether or not the student visa holder is a genuine student. Like if you leave in the middle of the semester and then come back towards the end, it will be evident that you don't attend your course. After term time, you can leave for the whole time period then come back when the next semester starts. For example I can take the whole 4 months summer break that we get at the university I attend, and just go back to the states.
I tell it like it is.

bhavya
Newly Registered

holidays on student visa

Post by bhavya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:48 pm

Thanks for your reply
We r going to home country for four weeks in february...
We had a baby boy in november and now my wife cant attend the college because of him..
So we r going to india to leave him over there and than we will come back alone..
Is there any special leave for this or we have to take a letter from the college for this..
please advice..

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: holidays on student visa

Post by ElenaW » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 pm

bhavya wrote:Thanks for your reply
We r going to home country for four weeks in february...
We had a baby boy in november and now my wife cant attend the college because of him..
So we r going to india to leave him over there and than we will come back alone..
Is there any special leave for this or we have to take a letter from the college for this..
please advice..
Yes notify the college of this and ask for a short leave of absence and a letter from them allowing this. Then if at the point of entry, you get asked questions and when they call to verify if you have been attending, the college will tell them that they are aware of your absence but you will be coming back to study as soon as you can.
I tell it like it is.