ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Grounds of appeal Please advise

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

absha
Newly Registered

Grounds of appeal Please advise

Post by absha » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:44 am

Dear members,

My PSW visa has been refused due to a shortfall of 5 days in maintainance funds. I have received the refusal letter together with the appeal form and guide. My question is on which ground from the right to appeal list do i lodge my appeal on? My visa ran out end of october so i believe i cant make a fresh application. Am just confused. I do have an overseas bank account, can i use that as supporting evidence? Please advise as i am really confused with this matter. Thank you.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:58 am

Grounds of appeal means you must answer the reasons of the refusal. You must now show other fund statements that can justify the 5 days shortfall.
You can send in your appeal because it can extend your stay under sec.3C Immigration Act 1971 even if your current visa runs out. It can take up to 15 weeks to hear from them. If you r sucessful, you can remain. If not, you will have to leave the country. My advice is do the appeal. At the meantime you will have time to think what to do next. Thanks.

ash786
BANNED

Re: Grounds of appeal Please advise

Post by ash786 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 pm

absha wrote:Dear members,

My PSW visa has been refused due to a shortfall of 5 days in maintainance funds. I have received the refusal letter together with the appeal form and guide. My question is on which ground from the right to appeal list do i lodge my appeal on? My visa ran out end of october so i believe i cant make a fresh application. Am just confused. I do have an overseas bank account, can i use that as supporting evidence? Please advise as i am really confused with this matter. Thank you.
1. Yes u can use the overseas account as long as u name is on the account.
2. The overseas account needs to cover that 5 days gap u had.

absha
Newly Registered

Post by absha » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:23 pm

Thank you very much guys. Another question I wanna ask is if the appeal don't get accepted can I go to my home country and apply from there using my uk and overseas bank account. Please reply. Thank you.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:33 pm

I am telling from my experience. I appreciate VFS in different country might deal it differently. I applied outside the UK but produced the UK HSBC bank statement. The VFS people asked why are the statements not certified by UK HSBSC(?) but I brought the guidance policy along with me and showed them the para. saying there is no need to be certified. But it was a frightening experience. What if ECO didn't accept it? Who knows, the ECO who processed mine is a newbie(?) I can't return to UK just to have them certified! For convenience sake, I photocopied the para. and enclosed it with the bank statements. I got my PSW. But the story is; follow the guidance as closely as you can regarding your documents and you will be fine. Thanks.

absha
Newly Registered

Post by absha » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Thank you fshhddn,

Your advice and experience has given me a relief but yet again it all depends on the person i suppose.

Regards