ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa returned owing to outdated form usage

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lostintime
Newly Registered

PSW visa returned owing to outdated form usage

Post by lostintime » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi People,

I submitted my PSW application last year on 8/12/09. My visa recently expired on 07/1/10. The problem is I got my application returned by UKBC today (10/01/10) saying that I have used an old application form. Actually I had downloaded the psw application sometime during September, I think on my pen drive and used it when I made the application. I understand its completely my fault, but who knew they change their forms every other day ( I mean the form I used was version 6 from sep, the new one to be used after october is version 10!). Anyway, I am not sure of what would be a prudent course of action now that the damage is done. Some guy in another form advised me to resubmit the application asap with a covering letter outlining my circumstances and it should not be a problem. Others say it'll be better if I leave immediately and apply from outside. Could some of you seasoned folks advice me. It'd be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:47 am

Best to leave the country cos your visa has expired. There is no provision that allows you to reapply after your visa has expired. (Refer to the form and supporting documents i.e your passport, that you will have to submit with your new application).you can get into trouble. Remaining here without a visa could even damage your chance to come back later. Apply your PSW from outside the UK. Good luck.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:17 am

vinny wrote:It's possible to apply after leave's expiry.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lostintime
Newly Registered

hi

Post by lostintime » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:31 am

I am thinking of re applying from here. The return letter was dated 04/01/10. if only it had arrived within three days on the 7th I would still be in time. But I guess its got to do with all the disruption in normal traffic due to prevailing conditions that it came on the 9th (saturday). So anyway, I'd like some more comments here from folks who have idea about it please. How does applying again while here sound?
Thank you

kulksnikhil1

Re: hi

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:43 pm

lostintime wrote:I am thinking of re applying from here. The return letter was dated 04/01/10. if only it had arrived within three days on the 7th I would still be in time. But I guess its got to do with all the disruption in normal traffic due to prevailing conditions that it came on the 9th (saturday). So anyway, I'd like some more comments here from folks who have idea about it please. How does applying again while here sound?
Thank you

applying again should be safe... do reapply soon. You have a geniuine case.

Jabs

Post by Jabs » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 am

You should re-apply in the first instance.

lostintime
Newly Registered

thanx

Post by lostintime » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am

Thank you all of you. I received my psw yday..and everything looks fine. Oh well, I am now worried about my assessment centre with accenture..gosh...when will this worry thing leave me alone...hehe..take care

PostMan

Re: PSW visa returned owing to outdated form usage

Post by PostMan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:29 am

lostintime wrote:. Some guy in another form advised me to resubmit the application asap with a covering letter outlining my circumstances and it should not be a problem.
If you explained this you will be fine. if they reject it, they will then ask you to leave,
You need to resubmit fast.

lostintime
Newly Registered

Re: PSW visa returned owing to outdated form usage

Post by lostintime » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:29 pm

PostMan wrote:
lostintime wrote:. Some guy in another form advised me to resubmit the application asap with a covering letter outlining my circumstances and it should not be a problem.
If you explained this you will be fine. if they reject it, they will then ask you to leave,
You need to resubmit fast.[/quote

What do you mean by this post man? Seems you didn't care to read my post properly before commenting...lol...they cannot ask me to leave now..not until the next two years..