ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Things required from the Bank - URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arijitraja
Newly Registered

Things required from the Bank - URGENT

Post by arijitraja » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 am

Hi,

I am going to the bank in a couple of hours. Just want to confirm if this is all I need from the bank..

- Last 12 Months Account status - Signed and Stamped ? .. What are the exact requirements for this ?
- A letter as below ?

-------------------------------------------
Dated - 11 Jan 2010

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

Sir,

XXX has a XXX Company salary account with our Bank XXX Branch XXX and he has maintained GBP 2800 in his account for every single day in the last three month period starting 11 Oct 2009 to 10 Jan 2010.

Thanking You
Yours Sincerely

(Bank Manager)
-------------------------------------------

Anything else ?

Thanks
Ari

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 am

having the account no. in the letter is a good idea...

arijitraja
Newly Registered

Post by arijitraja » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:57 am

one quick question.. about the maintainance, which conversion rate is used ? the last date or the first or the maximum ?

Also the bank told me that they will mention the value in INR and not GBP. Is that a problem ?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:59 am

arijitraja wrote:one quick question.. about the maintainance, which conversion rate is used ? the last date or the first or the maximum ?

Also the bank told me that they will mention the value in INR and not GBP. Is that a problem ?
for Maintenance funds.. use ONADA Conversion rate - DATE OF APPLICATION..

but in ur letter just use the INR and make sure u are saving a buffer amount in case the rate flucutates..

arijitraja
Newly Registered

Post by arijitraja » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:24 am

[quote="tvn_rameshfor Maintenance funds.. use ONADA Conversion rate - DATE OF APPLICATION..
[/quote]

sorry if its a stupid question but in that case, i will have to make the letters, etc on the day of application (as it will be a future date..) not sure if i understand that. cant it be the last day of the 12 month period ?

few other issues/questions that i faced while filling up the points

- Only have to mention the highest qualification in the Points Calculator right ?
- Course MCA not available, - IT/Computer Science OR Other OR Professional Subjects ? I am thinking of putting Prof Subjects
- Do I need any letter from the univ for this ? I am from Delhi Univ and its there in the list.
- When Calculating in PBS, what date of conversion rate I should give ? - 31st December ?

Raji_karmlaw

Post by Raji_karmlaw » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:19 am

Hi Arijitraja /tvn_ramesh,
If from outside the U.K, the maintenance funds should be calculated on the consular rate which differs from Oanda. The current consular rate at Indian consulates is Rs 80 to the pound.
Immigration law is mystery and a mastery in obfuscation, and the lawyers who can figure that out are worth their weight in gold.