ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouce Visa Requirements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charikaar
Newly Registered

Spouce Visa Requirements

Post by charikaar » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Hello,

Could you please give me a list of documents? My circumstances are as follow.

19 years old with ILR(looking forward to appy in feb06)

1 bedroom flat(500 pounds per month,includes all utility bilss,council tax bill and businesss use). Can i use BT, Mobile or Driving licence as proof of address?

I have been working on ebay since june05. How do i prove my income? would i need letter from ebay or my accountant?

Second class NIC paid since june05.

thanks

charikaar

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:54 pm

Sorry, you are getting married? You want your spouse to apply for a spouse visa? Incidentally, how old is your spouse?
I have been working on ebay since june05. How do i prove my income? would i need letter from ebay or my accountant?
So you are self-employed? And you have an accountant? So yes, get that accountant to produce some figures showing what you are making from that activity.

I am failing to see how eBay would know all the relevant figures needed to ascertain your profit. Clearly they would not, the easy example being your accountant's fee!
John

charikaar
Newly Registered

Post by charikaar » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:12 pm

John wrote:Sorry, you are getting married? You want your spouse to apply for a spouse visa? Incidentally, how old is your spouse?
So you are self-employed? And you have an accountant? So yes, get that accountant to produce some figures showing what you are making from that activity.

I am failing to see how eBay would know all the relevant figures needed to ascertain your profit. Clearly they would not, the easy example being your accountant's fee!
she will be 18 on 1feb06.I think the law changed from 16 to 18 last jan :)

I have not paid any tax as yet. Would this cause any problem in getting the visa?

:D to have found this fantastic website!

thanks

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:13 pm

List of documents:

-Marriage certificate
-sponsorship letter (written by you, if you do not have an employer )
-Bank statements (last 6 months)
-Payslip (last 6 months ) or tax return
-Rental agreement (it helps if your spouse's name is included)
-3 months utility bills ( land phone, gas/electricity , water etc)
If your primary source of income is generated from ebay, you should be registered as self employed for your trading.
In that case, national insurance contribution will prove your self-employment along with bank statements and the corresponding monthly ebay transaction statements showing your income (like selling details, bank cheques/transfer in etc )
I don't think you need a letter from ebay or your accountant – hopefully someone will give guidance if my assumption is incorrect.

Check this link for more details: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/startingup/register.htm

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:41 pm

In that case, national insurance contribution will prove your self-employment along with bank statements and the corresponding monthly ebay transaction statements showing your income (like selling details, bank cheques/transfer in etc )
But the eBay statements presumably will not show the cost of the items being bought in that end up being sold on eBay, nor PayPal fees, accountants fees etc etc.

Some sort of account needs to be drawn up to show the profit being made.
John

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:11 am

Some sort of account needs to be drawn up to show the profit being made
Correct, it does make sense to have a projected income/profit summary sheet from the accountatn based on the past/current trading patterns.