ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received an offer, please suggest on workpermit

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thanga
Newly Registered

Received an offer, please suggest on workpermit

Post by thanga » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:11 am

Hi,

I have applied for some jobs in workpermit.com, after some days I received an offer from a person called John schiver from uk.workingpermit@googlemail.com mail id.

"This is to inform you that your employer has forwarded all the necessary documents, which will enable you to apply for the Work Permit entry Visa in the British High Commission in your Country home.
We will send you the Application form, Employment letter, and all relevant documents you need to apply at the British High Commission in your home Country. (All Original Copies).

There is a fee of £350 (Lawyer Consultation Fee) and £32 for the Courier Service to deliver all documents, (Signature required on delivery). "

This is the content of the latest email after a few communications in email took place.

Can anybody let me know if this could be a genuine offer, and if anybody received similar offers?

Also is it possible to get the workpermit from the consulate with documents sent by employer, and how much will it cost?

Any reply/suggestion is appreciated...

llNicell

Re: Received an offer, please suggest on workpermit

Post by llNicell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:39 pm

thanga wrote:Hi,

I have applied for some jobs in workpermit.com, after some days I received an offer from a person called John schiver from uk.workingpermit@googlemail.com mail id.

"This is to inform you that your employer has forwarded all the necessary documents, which will enable you to apply for the Work Permit entry Visa in the British High Commission in your Country home.
We will send you the Application form, Employment letter, and all relevant documents you need to apply at the British High Commission in your home Country. (All Original Copies).

There is a fee of £350 (Lawyer Consultation Fee) and £32 for the Courier Service to deliver all documents, (Signature required on delivery). "

This is the content of the latest email after a few communications in email took place.

Can anybody let me know if this could be a genuine offer, and if anybody received similar offers?

Also is it possible to get the workpermit from the consulate with documents sent by employer, and how much will it cost?

Any reply/suggestion is appreciated...
Before sending any money, ask his full office address, phone no, prospective employer’s address, their contact details, copy of work permit etc. After getting info, contact Home office for genuineness of the work permit.......You do some enquiry before sending any money........

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Scam

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:08 pm

It almost certainly is a scam, at least it has all the hallmarks of a "419" scam to get you to part with your money. There is no such thing as "work permit entry visa"

Do not communicate with them and contact the moderators on this forum straight away

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:47 am

This for sure is an outdated scam mail, the email sender is not updated about the new Tier2 Visa and still using the words work permit visa..

And if you read/know the Tier2(G) visa procedures you will be agree that this is a scam..

thanga
Newly Registered

Post by thanga » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 am

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions, friends.

Is it not possible to get UK Work Permit in India, using employer's papers, like this guy sent information...

Just to know a bit more..., thanks for help.