ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa delay query

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tongs
Newly Registered

PSW visa delay query

Post by tongs » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:24 pm

hi all!! hope you had a good xmas and new year. someone has probably already answered this question. but i was wondering, is it possible to actually ask the home office to delay when the visa is actually valid from. and if so how long can you get them to delay it from. e.g. i am planning on putting in my application in sometime in march, but expecting my passport back probably by about june (i am applying from outside the UK). in the mean time i am going to be doing a post grad diploma which is a year long. can i ask the home office to make the visa valid from say november for example?

thanks
tongs

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW visa delay query

Post by ash786 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:42 pm

tongs wrote:hi all!! hope you had a good xmas and new year. someone has probably already answered this question. but i was wondering, is it possible to actually ask the home office to delay when the visa is actually valid from. and if so how long can you get them to delay it from. e.g. i am planning on putting in my application in sometime in march, but expecting my passport back probably by about june (i am applying from outside the UK). in the mean time i am going to be doing a post grad diploma which is a year long. can i ask the home office to make the visa valid from say november for example?

thanks
tongs
1. No u can not do that unless the caseworker takes that long to decide u application.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:53 pm

1st Q : Have you already been awarded with the qualification to apply for your PSW? 2nd Q : When did you get awarded? Therefore you can apply within 12 months from the date of award. E.g if you got your qualification on 1 Oct 2009, you can apply before 1 Oct 2010.
Applying for entry clearance outside UK will require you to show 2800 GBP for 3 months. If you apply from outside, there is a question in the form : When do you want to travel to the UK? You can put the date. When you get your PSW, it will start from that date. This means, you cannot travel to the UK before that date.
If you think you can catch up with your PSW in that 12 months, then you can do your studies first if you still have the student visa. But why apply from outside when you can apply from the UK? Funds to show will only be 800 GBP. Thanks.

kulksnikhil1

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 am

you can ask for the start of visa to be delayed by maximum up to 3 months. I have read it in indian - VFS website. Read the 3rd bullet point under step 8 in the link below

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/applying.aspx