ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WORK PEMIT TO ILR DEPENDENT VISA STAUS CHANGE?????

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

m_man1

WORK PEMIT TO ILR DEPENDENT VISA STAUS CHANGE?????

Post by m_man1 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:59 pm

hi guys,

My wife recently got a dependent visa on work permit,VALID UNTILL 6.2012 i have a situation here i am going to apply for my ILR in a MONTH so the situation is,

do i need to reapply/CHANGE STATUS for my wifes dependant visa again,

if yes , i will be getting my ILR in december can i travel and get her back in next year as she lives abroad,and if i get her will there be any issues at immigration as she applied as my dependent on work permit and now i have an ILR

please help....

also if i dont do my ILR now and wait for her to join me here and then do my ILR and include her as my dependent will she have to change her status again to an ILR dependent rather than work permit dependent

goody09

Post by goody09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:35 am

Hi there,

I had the same situation, as my wife joined me recently as a work permit dependent, when I had to apply to my ILR she was only in UK for a couple on month and I heared that for dependents to get the ILR as well they have to be in in UK for 2 years, however, I had to contact the HO and they confirmed that for the WP dependents they do not need to fullfil any qualifying residential periods, so i think it would be a good if you wait untill your wife join you in UK and apply both for the ILR after getting the ILR she will not be any more dependents on your visa, hope this would help

Best wishes

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:24 am

thanks goody ,thats really a great help for me as i was in a dilemma wat to do ?

m_man1

Post by m_man1 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 pm

hi goody just one more thing do my wife need to give the life in uk test or is it just me as on the form set(o) it asks for partner life in uk please advice

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:09 pm

your wife should give the test.cheers

mbkwillbe
Newly Registered

Re: ILR with wife outside UK

Post by mbkwillbe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I read this thread. I am in a scenario. I got my ILR on 08 JAN. AT present my wife is in india with a new born baby. My wife have a resident permit (dependant) valid until JUN 2011. We have applied for a new passport for my kid. I am not sure on what visa, should i bring my wife and kid? Any ideas please?

Romby
Newly Registered

Post by Romby » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Hi,

I too have similar situation. I got ILR on 11-Jan. My family is in India. My wife and daughter have dependent Work permit visa valid till 31-Dec-2010. We had a new born very recently. Would like to know, if I can apply for new born as ILR dependent or need to apply for whole family as ILR dependents.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:25 pm

there is no such thing as ILR dependent. What i think u need to do is to apply for a 'spouse visa' for a spouse of 'someone present and settled' in UK. 'your' dependents would apply as your wife's dependent. Others will correct me if i am wrong

Romby
Newly Registered

Re: ILR with wife outside UK

Post by Romby » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 pm

mbkwillbe wrote:Hi Guys,

I read this thread. I am in a scenario. I got my ILR on 08 JAN. AT present my wife is in india with a new born baby. My wife have a resident permit (dependant) valid until JUN 2011. We have applied for a new passport for my kid. I am not sure on what visa, should i bring my wife and kid? Any ideas please?
You have to apply fo spouse visa for your wife and child as your residence status has changed. When I have contacted public enquiries office they have informed me of this. Spouse visa (Settlement VAF4a) requires lot of document proofs. It would take approximately 3 months.
I have experienced this. My wife got spouse visa today itself.