ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

14 years ILR please help URGENT

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

groispois
Newly Registered

14 years ILR please help URGENT

Post by groispois » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:00 pm

My friend applied for her Ilr under the 14 years rule in May 2008.She received a letter at the end of november 2009 from the Home Office Liverpool asking her 2 recent passport photo and proof of P60 or payslip if she was working and they sent her a method of entry questionaire to fill.She had 14 days to reply back to the Homeoffice which she did within a week.Before that in mid october 2009 she was told in writing that Liverpool case worker has a deadline to clear all cases by march 2010 and that this is the latest date she should receive a decision on her case.Can anyone please let me know or have any idea to when she might receive a decision or if anyone received a decision under the rule.Just need to know how long she might need to wait for.Thank you in advance.
Last edited by groispois on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

groispois
Newly Registered

Re Redokeef

Post by groispois » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Redokeef.The last time she received a letter was at the end of november 2009,asking her to fill method of entry questionaire.Since then she has'nt heard anything from the Homeoffice yet.If she hears anything,I let you know.Gdluck.

groispois
Newly Registered

Re: 14 years ILR please help URGENT

Post by groispois » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:50 pm

[quote="groispois"]My friend applied for her Ilr under the 14 years rule in May 2008.She received a letter at the end of november 2009 from the Home Office Liverpool asking her 2 recent passport photo and proof of P60 or payslip if she was working and they sent her a method of entry questionaire to fill.She had 14 days to reply back to the Homeoffice which she did within a week.Before that in mid october 2009 she was told in writing that Liverpool case worker has a deadline to clear all cases by march 2010 and that this is the latest date she should receive a decision on her case.Can anyone please let me know or have any idea to when she might receive a decision or if anyone received a decision under the rule.Just need to know how long she might need to wait for.Thank you in advance.

redokeef
Newly Registered

14 years ILR

Post by redokeef » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

I called three times in last three weeks as i hope that i will get a decesion soon as i send all the documents they asked me in november.They told me same thing as processing not completed yet UKBA contact is in Due course.Is your friend get any news.Its been 17 months.So hard to wait .

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 am

hiya.No she hasnt heard anything from UKBA as yet.It is so frustated when you know the deadline of march 2010 is approaching.When you called UKBA,what did they actually told you?Do you think you get your passport before march 2010?

redokeef
Newly Registered

long residence ILR

Post by redokeef » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:33 pm

I dont have any idea about the dead line you are talking about.Is it for all long residence application or only your friend.I came to learn from the enquery of my MP on behalf of me that they target july to finalise my case.i got that information june last year.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Can I ask you both, what documentation did you send with your original application and did you use a solicitor?

I've just recently send an application in and I want to know if I enclosed the correct documentation. I am also interested to know if you use a solicitor because I'm in doubt whether or not I did the right thing by using one myself.

Thanking you in advance :)

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi,Basically if u applying under the 14 years rule.You must not have a criminal record,must not have claimed any benefits whatsoever.Documents my friend send are as follow:

1.Life in the uk test(without this,your application will not be process)
2.Any payslip or P60 if u r or were working
3.Proof of address for the last 3 months.
4.Recent passport photo,2 of them,dated and sign at the back n write ur full name in capital
5.Any certificates if u did go to college
6.Medical card as they might check if u claimed anything on the NHS
Make sure u were not out of the country for a long period otherwise u will not be untitle to apply under that ground.
Hope that is some help to u,anything do send me a message.
Anyway goodluck.

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Sorry I forget,YES MY FRIEND IS USING A SOLICITOR.it will cost u at least £1100 but just be on the safe side.If u need one let me know.

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Thank you groispois, your reply was very reassuring. I've sent all the documentation you listed plus some extras.

I already have a solicitor who has sent my application but thanks for your offer of help to find one. I thought using a solicitor would speed things up but it appears that has no impact on the timescales.

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm

redokeef,what i was asking is when u call the UKBA what did they say to u.Mp told my friend the same thing last year in february that the target is july 2010.But last year in november she was told by UKBA in writing that the deadline is March 2010.So I need to know 2 things from you.

1.When you called UKBA,what did they say to you and when did you called them.

2.Do you think when UKBA say deadline march 2010,do you think it will happen as they put it in writing to my friend.

redokeef
Newly Registered

long residence ILR

Post by redokeef » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:48 pm

hi i just asked them update on my case and they said that they will contact me when processing complete is in due course i did not ask when i will get a result.