ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fund Maintenance - Sponsor for sibling

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KarthikJ
Newly Registered

Fund Maintenance - Sponsor for sibling

Post by KarthikJ » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:39 pm

Hi,

I live in the UK on a Tire - 1 Visa.

Now, my sister too wishes to apply for a Tire -1 UK visa. Is it possible for me to give a letter (and supporting bank statements) to prove that I hold sufficient liquid cash in my account in UK to act as a sponsor or at least provide for my sister if and when she gets to the UK?

If this is possible, this will help us in eliminating the need to wait for 3 months to show a sufficient bank balance in my sister's Indian account.

Please do excuse me if this or a similar query has already been addressed in this forum. Would greatly appreciate if you could direct me to the answer provided.

Looking forward to helpful inputs/directions.

KJ

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Fund Maintenance - Sponsor for sibling

Post by gotcha » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:49 pm

KarthikJ wrote:Is it possible for me to give a letter (and supporting bank statements) to prove that I hold sufficient liquid cash in my account in UK to act as a sponsor or at least provide for my sister if and when she gets to the UK?
No, it's not possible.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Fund Maintenance - Sponsor for sibling

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:49 pm

KarthikJ wrote:Hi,

I live in the UK on a Tire - 1 Visa.

Now, my sister too wishes to apply for a Tire -1 UK visa. Is it possible for me to give a letter (and supporting bank statements) to prove that I hold sufficient liquid cash in my account in UK to act as a sponsor or at least provide for my sister if and when she gets to the UK?

If this is possible, this will help us in eliminating the need to wait for 3 months to show a sufficient bank balance in my sister's Indian account.

It is not possible

Please do excuse me if this or a similar query has already been addressed in this forum. Would greatly appreciate if you could direct me to the answer provided.

Looking forward to helpful inputs/directions.

KJ

KarthikJ
Newly Registered

Post by KarthikJ » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 am

Thanks everyone, for the clarification.