ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

will affect my citizenship application if I'll go on dole?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Korpy
Newly Registered

will affect my citizenship application if I'll go on dole?

Post by Korpy » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:57 am

We applied for citizenship in Nov 09.
This week me and my wife received the 2 weeks notice so we will be without jobs in 2 weeks time( unfortunately we work for the same company).
I will get redundancy ( I hope) so we could manage to live on and pay bills , mortgage for the next 2-3 months.
In case that we will not find work we would need to go on dole, how this will affect our apllication ?
Thank you
Last edited by Korpy on Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:00 pm

well, according to my point of view if u r on dole, it will effect ur application, any how if u r completely stuck financially take dole for a while but make it short as much as possible.try to find job asap and due to the recession i think the DOJ should make exceptions to some extent.
Best of luck

realgunner

Citzenship

Post by realgunner » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 pm

As far i know, it does affect in your case because your depending on the state when your getting the dole. If your paper work in the application is solid so you might get away with it.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Thank you for the answers.
Now I have another question, when we applied in Nov, we applied for me, my wife and my son ( he turned 18 last year), so there were 3 files.
My son is in the 6th year, secondary school so he will sit his leaving cert. exam this year and hopefully he will go to college.
Will be my son's application affected by my dole?
Thank you again for your answers

zafarzafar
BANNED

Post by zafarzafar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am

ur son would be treated as minor and the big thing he is a student, if u could prove in terms of college letters/certificates etc ... to DOJ that he is a continuous student from the date of application till the last date i don't think ur son's application would be effected at all, so don't take too much pressure, just try to find a job ASAP and close the chapter. Good luck & pray to GOD for help.
Regards
Zafar

Missy2
Newly Registered

Post by Missy2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi Korpy,

I can tell you that your son's application will not be processed or rather will be sent back when your application process begins. this is due to the fact that one of you (wife or husband) must have been naturalised before he can make his application. Since he is now an adult, he will have to make his own application.

My reply is based on a friend of mine who applied in 2007 together with her husband and their daughter who is a minor. The child's application was rejected in 2009 on the ground that one of them must be Naturalised before they can apply on her behalf.

I hope this is different in your case though.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 pm

Missy2 wrote:Hi Korpy,

I can tell you that your son's application will not be processed or rather will be sent back when your application process begins. this is due to the fact that one of you (wife or husband) must have been naturalised before he can make his application. Since he is now an adult, he will have to make his own application.

My reply is based on a friend of mine who applied in 2007 together with her husband and their daughter who is a minor. The child's application was rejected in 2009 on the ground that one of them must be Naturalised before they can apply on her behalf.

I hope this is different in your case though.
Thanks Missy2

My son has made his own application last Nov, he was 18 in June 2009 so he is an adult , we did send in 3 applications and we did receive 3 reference numbers after 2 weeks.
He is in full time education and hopefully will be untill they process his file.
My worry is that his application might be affected by my jobseeker benefit claim.
Thanks for the replies

scrudu

Re: will affect my citizenship application if I'll go on dol

Post by scrudu » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:53 am

Korpy wrote:We applied for citizenship in Nov 09. This week me and my wife received the 2 weeks notice so we will be without jobs in 2 weeks time( unfortunately we work for the same company, big mistake!!!). I will get redundancy ( I hope) so we could manage to live on and pay bills , mortgage for the next 2-3 months.
In case that we will not find work we would need to go on dole, how this will affect our apllication ? Thank you
I suggest you call the Dept of Justice and ask this question yourself. I asked the same one and was told that if you were to claim Jobseekers Benefit which is only granted if you have been paying PRSI stamps, then you would not be penalised. If you were to claim for Jobseekers Allowance which is means tested (i.e. basically you can't survive without the supplement), then you could be refused.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 pm

Thanks Scrudu, at least some good news.

Korpy
Newly Registered

Post by Korpy » Fri May 28, 2010 5:37 pm

Just returning to my old post with some fresh info.
As you can see i was made redundant in Jan and I'm still receiving the jobseeker benefit ( not jobseeker allowance) . I applied to a college and I was accepted to do a VTOS course from Sept for a year.
My question is that how this VTOS course will be regarded for the Naturalization process? It is good or bad?
Thanks for the replies.