ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

:( Is it fixable?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zizou10
Newly Registered

:( Is it fixable?

Post by zizou10 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 am

Hello peeps,

I have immigration problems that I would like to share with my fellow legal and illegal comarades lol, to cut thigs short a bit i will tell you about my Canadian immigration escapade. I came to Canada in 2001 on a student visa which i did not abuse and in fact i went to school and everything was silky smooth until i met my ex-wife the same year we were young n foolish (20,19) defied our families and got maried after 3 dates :S, we aplied for pr the same year and got a refusal because we did not make a strong case in 2004 i went out of status a yearand a half down the road we retained a lawyer who told me that i will be ok applying from within to make things short a year down the road the guy tuned out to be a crook and stole our money and threatened us. By then things got tough for me n my wife especially her and our life turned from sweet to sour and we ended up filing for divorce now i am left with nada but nontheless I completed a 3 years advanced diploma in college (after my visa expired). My question is would i stand a chance if I go home (tunisia) reapply and come back (lawyer said high probability of refusal) or you guys see an alternative within this great land?

Thank you so much for reading and commenting and sharing GOD bless. [/b]

Niall.Rice
Newly Registered

Post by Niall.Rice » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 pm

You'll prob get refused stay in the country and do something productive that will show the Canadian government you're not a waste of space.

zizou10
Newly Registered

Post by zizou10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 pm

Niall.Rice wrote:You'll prob get refused stay in the country and do something productive that will show the Canadian government you're not a waste of space.
What would that productive thing be I cant work because i dont have a work permit heck I cant even go to school no work permit, the only thing that will legitimize my stay is to get married or if I lodge an application based on humnaitarian grounds which will bear minimal chances the lawyer said :roll: I am more than willing to do anything positive !!!

Thank for the advice Niall