ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psychopomp1
Newly Registered

Post by psychopomp1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Batley Khan,

My fiancee in karachi applied for a uk settlement visa (as fiancee) back in june 2009 and we still haven't heard anything back yet. Is it common for them (UKBA) to take such a long time in reaching a decision? i did "marry" my fiancee back in Nov 2008 in Karachi but her settlement visa was refused on the grounds that my pakistani divorce from my first wife was not valid, so i obtained a UK divorce and then re-applied to bring my wife over on a fiancee visa and have a quick marriage ceremony in UK. Do you think they're doing some investigation on me....probably writing to the court to verify that i did divorce my first wife properly?

Cheers mate :)

b92753

Post by b92753 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Yes they can because if they wont accept the form in the first place, you cant get a visa.

Hi Mr Khan,

I was assuming that the ECO will refuse if the form is not printed or stapled in the correct way. Just want to convey that i printed the form of the internet here in the UK and sent it to pakistan for my wife to sign and submit along with her paperwork and this was accepted by the FEDEX in mirpur. According to my wife they had no objection to it.

So maybe the rules have been changed. she resubmitted her application on friday the 8th

ukusman

Re: Calling cards

Post by ukusman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:09 pm

[quote="tazzie04"]Hi

I've been reading previous posts again and notice that a members application got refused as callin cards were submitted as proof of contact. This has got me worried as I sent copies of calling cards which is the main way we keep in touch. I buy my from internet to call my hubby and so i submitted the print out sheets with the pins which have my name on them (i think). Also my bank statements show money taken from the calling cards company.

Hi tazzie,

was your case submitted in mirpur and when ?

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 pm

Asalam alaycum all

When my wife applied for her settlement visa she went down to Gerrys office in Lahore to book an appointment to submit case. They did not issue any application form, they told her to download it off internet and complete.

Batleykhan when you talk about fedex are you in fact talking about gerrys who now deal with visa applications?

zoomaj
Mood:
United Kingdom

sallams

Post by zoomaj » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Sallams Guys,

iv been quite for a bit! just giving an update,

in regards to the Vaf4 form the so called solicitor/cowboy at pakistan put down i had a 6 bedroom house where infact it was a 2 bedroom house! when i went into the appeal this is exactley where the judge started blazing me at! and i sed look chill its a mistake,

looks like they havent got a clue how to fill these forms in pakistan.

anyways moving on, my wife went for a TB test today, she had 1 last year but case got into appeal and its expired now, so she got the call letter b4 xmas, and had her medical today and handing in the passport tomorow, everything looks good so far???

everyone expeceted a medical test which lasts a few hours and she gets the certificate the same day yes??? WRONG!

her medical is going to last 4 days! is this something new or summat??
she went today for x rays and stuff and they sed she has to come back back every day till friday with saliver samples! whats this about?? any body had this experience b4??? as a result she has had to cancel the embassy app which was 2mro, and god knows when we will get that again, there where a few other ppl too who also have to come back, it seems like they are making medicals harder as well?? my wife asked if i passed the medical first time round why the extra tests?? they just said its procedure, luckily my auntie is living with a friend in lahore so they can go all week, the weathers really bad to foggy and stuff , just thought i share this inside info, they dont tell you this im so angry, when my wife made the app they didnt say it was going to take 4 days!

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:58 pm

Yes they can because if they wont accept the form in the first place, you cant get a visa.

Hi Mr Khan,

I was assuming that the ECO will refuse if the form is not printed or stapled in the correct way. Just want to convey that i printed the form of the internet here in the UK and sent it to pakistan for my wife to sign and submit along with her paperwork and this was accepted by the FEDEX in mirpur. According to my wife they had no objection to it.

So maybe the rules have been changed. she resubmitted her application on friday the 8th
Most of the people that I know whose printed form were not accepted were all at Gerrys In islamabad, not Mirpur or lahore.

Maybe its just the staff at Isb.

I completely agree with you that the printed form should be accepted for the simple raeson that you were refused on , because the incompetent people filling the form could possibly make errors thus resulting in a refusal such as yours. At a recent appeal hearing we managed to suucesfully argued a refusal because of the faults of th eperson completing the form made numerous mistake, rather than the applicant lying on the form

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:54 pm

musab_27 wrote:Asalam alaycum all

Batleykhan when you talk about fedex are you in fact talking about gerrys who now deal with visa applications?
fedex = Gerrys, Vac basically what you want to call it in pakistan. Initially they was called fedex, then gerrys and now VAC. Pepople in pakistan dont embrace change so they still call them Fedex

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

batleykhan wrote:
So the one we download and print off is nto acceptable ?
No it wont be accepeted because its not in the format that the BHC/Fedex wants it in.

The ones they give you is one form, stapled together, printedon both side, whereas the one you download and print of are single sided and held together by one staple.

that is why you need to download it here, fill it and then send it off and get someone to complete the other form word for word like you have done and then hand that form in to fedex
They WILL accept the downloaded forms. You can print it off double sided yourself if you want but this is not mandatory as it was a few years ago. But there is nothing to stop you downloading in the UK, filling it in for the applicant and sending it to the applicant, as long as the applicant signs it.

From the Gerrys website:
Step 3 - Complete your visa application form

You should submit 1 visa application for each individual applying for a visa, including children. Please ensure that you select the correct visa application for the purpose of your visit.

• Download an appropriate visa application form from the UK Border Agency website
• You should print your completed visa application form on good quality paper and ensure that the information does extend beyond the margins on the paper.
• Complete the application form in English and sign it.
• Ensure that you complete all the sections correctly. If you make a mistake in filling in any of the sections you will need to make the change on the form and sign against it.
I've printed out application forms and stapled then together myself and submitted them before.....never ever had a problem.

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

UKUSMAN:

Hi, - applied in Lahore - why?

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 am

tazzie04 wrote:UKUSMAN:

Hi, - applied in Lahore - why?

Hi tazzie was just curious because my wife applied from Mirpur on the 8th january. When did you husband submit his ? Did they tell him whats current turnover time at lahore ?

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 am

Asalam alaycum

I checked status on wife's application and it says it says passport ready for collection.

My question is can she go down to VAC and collect same or does she habe to wait for call from gerrys?

I pray she gets the visa inshAllah, as appeals process is long and stressful.

Submitted case 4/12/2009
Status changed 13/01/2010
Applied at lahore VAC

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 am

Musab- well done really happy for you , hope its good news! I think you got to wait for Gerrys to you.

Ukusman- my husband applied on 04/01/10 - they told him within 3 months.

desperate__wife

Post by desperate__wife » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:32 pm

hello all!!

after 10months of waiting including the stupid BHC blunder of finger print problem.....today i got my spouse visa!!!!... the waiting finally paid off!

yes me...the desperate_wife who got banned from this fourm!!!

applied - 9th March 09
picked up passport with visa stamped on it - 13th Jan 10
application filed - first time only

i did not submit any evidance of contact excpet my hubbys passport copies and entry exit stamps....and of course my marraiage certificate and marriage photos....

i applied for my spouse visa 1.5 years after my nikkah took place....

sorry i lost my control and annoyed many many wonderful people on this fourm...

PEACE!!

D_W

lubzy

Re: sallams

Post by lubzy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:48 pm

zoomaj wrote:Sallams Guys,

iv been quite for a bit! just giving an update,

in regards to the Vaf4 form the so called solicitor/cowboy at pakistan put down i had a 6 bedroom house where infact it was a 2 bedroom house! when i went into the appeal this is exactley where the judge started blazing me at! and i sed look chill its a mistake,

looks like they havent got a clue how to fill these forms in pakistan.

anyways moving on, my wife went for a TB test today, she had 1 last year but case got into appeal and its expired now, so she got the call letter b4 xmas, and had her medical today and handing in the passport tomorow, everything looks good so far???

everyone expeceted a medical test which lasts a few hours and she gets the certificate the same day yes??? WRONG!

her medical is going to last 4 days! is this something new or summat??
she went today for x rays and stuff and they sed she has to come back back every day till friday with saliver samples! whats this about?? any body had this experience b4??? as a result she has had to cancel the embassy app which was 2mro, and god knows when we will get that again, there where a few other ppl too who also have to come back, it seems like they are making medicals harder as well?? my wife asked if i passed the medical first time round why the extra tests?? they just said its procedure, luckily my auntie is living with a friend in lahore so they can go all week, the weathers really bad to foggy and stuff , just thought i share this inside info, they dont tell you this im so angry, when my wife made the app they didnt say it was going to take 4 days!
My husband just went through exactly the same at Cardex Hospital in Lahore. His 3 days were last week. He picked up an all clear on the sputum test this morning and will now receive the new TB certificate (his old one expired due to appeal also). He said there were about a dozen other people doing the sputum tests, all applying for visas to UK or Australia.

InshaAllah it will be okay - we were very worried at first but apparently it's happening because a lot of people have coughs and simple chest infections which make the normal TB chest x-ray appear unclear.

zs786

Post by zs786 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:39 pm

Can someone please advise how long it takes to get a TB Appointment.

Also anyone got details of Centers which carry this check out and issue a valid certificate accepted by the BHC in MIRPUR as thats where my wife will be applying next month, inshallah

thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:50 pm

hello all!!

after 10months of waiting including the stupid BHC blunder of finger print problem.....today i got my spouse visa!!!!... the waiting finally paid off!

applied - 9th March 09

i did not submit any evidance of contact excpet my hubbys passport copies and entry exit stamps....and of course my marraiage certificate and marriage photos....

PEACE!!

D_W
Yipeeeeeeee congratulation DW. I am so happy for you after your nightmare in getting the visa..... well done to you and your hubby :D :) :lol: :D :lol: :)

c4551m
Pakistan

Post by c4551m » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Hi Batleykhan
Could you plz help me in this matter would really appreciate,didnt get reply whn posted in Student Forum

Now my question is as of international student on Tier 4 Sponsor.Just adding a bit of background that might help.

I got my extension for 2 years under new Tier 4 Policy in Dec 2009,As of new Tier 4 policy a student must have his full one year fee plus maintenance fund in advance to get 10 points,and now I wish to apply student dependent visa for my wife under PBS Policy for that it states that there should be 400 Pounds for each 9 months in advance for her funds,So now my question is that the statment which I am going to show should be how much , I wil show this by example

My Years fee 2500
Fee Paid 700
Maintenance Fund 5400

Total 7200 that what was there in my account when I got xtension

Now if I add 3600 for wifes' funds the bank statment comes to 10800

So as I have already used some of my funds to pay rent and other expenses after my extension so its reduced from 5400 pounds ,so how much the statement should be shown this time? I have got around 10K in my account .
Confusing me abit

bazzy_1

Post by bazzy_1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:28 pm

desperate__wife wrote:hello all!!

applied - 9th March 09

PEACE!!

D_W
Hi D_W,

Congrats, Your patience has paid off and I wish you all the best .
Im sure you will no longer be known as Desperate Wife now....
Regards,

Baz

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Salaam all. Just had a few questions that I hope someone can kindly clear up, and I'll participate in helping as many brothers and sisters as possible.

1) My wife is from Kashmir, I need to send her the paperwork for her to submit alongside the application. Because of the location I can't find a secure shipping service to go with, has anyone used such a shipping service?

2) When would my wife have to have her TB test? I've been told this has to be done when we submit the application, is this true?

I had quite a few questions, but I won't go on and on yet. Inshallah everyone whos applying (and everyone fighting hard in the appeals process) will have good news soon.

Zak.

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:40 pm

1) My wife is from Kashmir, I need to send her the paperwork for her to submit alongside the application. Because of the location I can't find a secure shipping service to go with, has anyone used such a shipping service?

Where in Kashmir is your wife from ? you can send the paperwork via DHL to their Mirpur office. It will cost you around £29.99 and will get there within 4-6 working days. I used it and was very secure. I was also able to track the papers all the way until my wife collected them. Basically once they arrive at the DHL office in Mirpur. your wife will go along and collect them she will need to take some ID with her.

2) When would my wife have to have her TB test? I've been told this has to be done when we submit the application, is this true?

You wife can have the TB test a few weeks before you submit the application. She will get a certificate which you will need to submit along with the application. (certificate valid for 6 months) The tb test has to be at an accredited IOM clinic not at any hospital or other clinic.

And another word of advise make a copy of all the paperwork before you send it off.

And not to worry ask as many qustions as you like. Everyone is here to help each other.

Zak.[/quote]

zs786

Post by zs786 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 pm

Zak_K wrote:Salaam all. Just had a few questions that I hope someone can kindly clear up, and I'll participate in helping as many brothers and sisters as possible.

I had quite a few questions, but I won't go on and on yet. Inshallah everyone whos applying (and everyone fighting hard in the appeals process) will have good news soon.

Zak.
1.) What part of Kashmir? ive used normal Signed For Royal Mail Airmail at the post office - ive posted around 8 items over the 9 months and all have been received successfully in 4-5 days. Most village homes have their address located at the local depots swhere someone can collect from - seems to work well where ive been sending never lost anything

Alternatively, ive heard many people recommend FEDEX - Although post likely going to be pretty expensive (around £30 i believe). Try Parcel2go they offer fedex worldwide service - very good courier service company search for them on google and check worldwide postage options. Simply find the correct service, complete online form with package measurments and to and from addresses, print lables and attach to package - pay via credit card or paypal and FEDEX come to your house to pick up the item, give you a receipt with a tracking number and you have full detailed online tracking of you item where its been etc... 3 day express service is a good one to use but expensive.

2.) It has to be done before application by an certified clinic you need to have this document when you apply - ive been asking the same question was wondering if anyone had any details of a certified clinic to carry this out in MIRPUR

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:00 am

Asalam alaycum all

My wife collected her passport today and was told her application was refused.

Obviously not the news i wanted to hear. My wife has explained that visa was refused on following:

1. Lack of evidence in respect of contact between me and my wife. While i had included photos of the wedding and phone cards. This was deemed insufficient. The refusal states they require photos of different stages of wedding, itemised phone bills, emails, letters etc.

2. For accommodation purposes, in the application i included a letter written and signed by my father who owns the property, stating that me and my life can live rent free at the property. I also included professional property report and official land reg. docs.

ECO has decided this means that i am seeking 3rd party support and thus application refused on this ground too. I am very surprised for refusal on this ground as most applicants apply in the above manner and are successful.

3. ON VAF i stated that i have been supporting my wife. ECO has said i have not provided proof of same.

I got married in April 2009 and left Pakistan at end of May. I had like most people left a few hundred with her to cover expenses. I further had to return to Pakistan in August due to the death of my mother in law. Again before leaving i left money with wife. In December just before she applied i sent money via western union, but on her brothers name.

4. Something about my wife being un-employed and seeking employment in UK. On the Application she clearly stated she will not be seeking work in UK, so what led the ECO to deny visa on this ground is beyond me.

Sorry to bore everyone, but any advice from any forum members of how i can appeal the above would be greatly appreciated.

I also want to warn any new applicants please be aware of the required supporting docs, send all proofs of everything, get a properly qualified immigration adviser/solicitor to check application before sending, get it checked by a couple as to my own downfall i only went with advice of one. It may cost a little, but definitely worth it if you want to avoid a lengthy appeals process and heartache.

To everyone waiting on decision be prepared for worst as when my wife collected her own visa, she stated all others present were refused too except a student. I wish i could have positive news but looks like the BHC are just looking for reasons to refuse.

I really hope from the bottom of my heart that all those waiting on a decision get a positive one inshAllah.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

SPOUSE VISA BANK STATEMENT QUERY

Post by navalaviator » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am

Hi Guys i need your kind advice about the few questions regarding my spouse visa application as would be applying in couple of months.
1.I just want to know that what should be the ideal closing balance in the bank account to apply the spouse visa?
2.The amount in the bank statement should be distributed between savings account and normal current account or the total amount just be in closing balance of current account?
3..Please tell me that how old the bank statement should be with specific minimum required amount?
4.How many payslips are required if working weekly?
5.Please tell me that what attestations and certifications are necessary for the original Nikah Namma and english translated version as i live near islamabad?
6.please let me know that from where i can get the acceptable english translation of Nikah Namma along with necessary attestations?

i would really appreciate to hear a reply and it would really work as a huge relief for me coz i am quite worried about the above mentioned.

kind regards
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

ukusman

Re: SPOUSE VISA BANK STATEMENT QUERY

Post by ukusman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:38 pm

navalaviator wrote:Hi Guys i need your kind advice about the few questions regarding my spouse visa application as would be applying in couple of months.

1.I just want to know that what should be the ideal closing balance in the bank account to apply the spouse visa?

There is no ideal closing balance. As long as you have got a secure job that provides a regualar source of income is sufficient. (But good to show that you can also save some. Dont and i mean dont put a large deposit in to your bank and then apply for the visa because it will be refused. You need to built a regular stream showing that you save x amount per month.

2.The amount in the bank statement should be distributed between savings account and normal current account or the total amount just be in closing balance of current account?

Its not problem where your money is. It can be in a current account or in a savings accounts. If you have large amount of savings or large deposits then you have to be able to show where these funds come from. again (dont put a large deposit in to the bank before applying)

3..Please tell me that how old the bank statement should be with specific minimum required amount?

you should provide them with atlealst 6months bank statements. Go in to the branch of your bank and request statements for the past 6 months. If they can do this then print thme off and get your bank to stamp them and verify they are a true reflection of your bank account.

You can probably get away with 3 months payslips. But ideally you would want 6 months. The more the better. Along with your payslips you will need to submit a p60 and employmenet letter confirming your employment status, job title and wage.

5.Please tell me that what attestations and certifications are necessary for the original Nikah Namma and english translated version as i live near islamabad?

If your Nikah took place in pakistan and not kashmir then the original nikha namah must have a stamp on it from the union council. (not required if nikah was in kashmir) because this issue different marriage doc known as nikah khuwani. The union council stamp basically states that the marriage has been registered with the union council and is valid. No othet attestations of the Nikah Namah is required. Then the nikah namah must be translated in to english this can be done by someone in the kutchery in islamabad who will then attest it to state that it is a true translated copy of the original.

6.please let me know that from where i can get the acceptable english translation of Nikah Namma along with necessary attestations?

If the nikah namah requires a union council stamp (if nikah was in pakistan) then you can give the nikah namah to the guy who carried out your nikkah and ask him to get it registered for you and get it stamped. This might already be done so check if there is a union council or mucnipal comittee stamp on ur nikah namah.

i would really appreciate to hear a reply and it would really work as a huge relief for me coz i am quite worried about the above mentioned.

kind regards

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:41 pm

Answers to Navalaviators qustions. Sorry for posting again because the first post went wrong. If you have any more qustions please dont hesitate to ask. Also others in board please correct me if i have made any mistakes.

navalaviator wrote:
Hi Guys i need your kind advice about the few questions regarding my spouse visa application as would be applying in couple of months.

There is no ideal closing balance. As long as you have got a secure job that provides a regualar source of income is sufficient. (But good to show that you can also save some. Dont and i mean dont put a large deposit in to your bank and then apply for the visa because it will be refused. You need to built a regular stream showing that you save x amount per month.

Its not problem where your money is. It can be in a current account or in a savings accounts. If you have large amount of savings or large deposits then you have to be able to show where these funds come from. again (dont put a large deposit in to the bank before applying)

you should provide them with atlealst 6months bank statements. Go in to the branch of your bank and request statements for the past 6 months. If they can do this then print thme off and get your bank to stamp them and verify they are a true reflection of your bank account.

You can probably get away with 3 months payslips. But ideally you would want 6 months. The more the better. Along with your payslips you will need to submit a p60 and employmenet letter confirming your employment status, job title and wage.

If your Nikah took place in pakistan and not kashmir then the original nikha namah must have a stamp on it from the union council. (not required if nikah was in kashmir) because this issue different marriage doc known as nikah khuwani. The union council stamp basically states that the marriage has been registered with the union council and is valid. No othet attestations of the Nikah Namah is required. Then the nikah namah must be translated in to english this can be done by someone in the kutchery in islamabad who will then attest it to state that it is a true translated copy of the original.

If the nikah namah requires a union council stamp (if nikah was in pakistan) then you can give the nikah namah to the guy who carried out your nikkah and ask him to get it registered for you and get it stamped. This might already be done so check if there is a union council or mucnipal comittee stamp on ur nikah namah.