ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wait up to 92 month or apply by new system?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hanna

Wait up to 92 month or apply by new system?

Post by hanna » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi all,need some advise. I applied for the Permanent residency in Canada while studying in the UK. After compliting my studies I went back to my home country which is Ukraine. It has been 2 years and 1 month since I submitted my application to CIC in London. The problem is that processing times in Ukraine is much longer then in London Canadian Office. If they transfer my application form to the Office in Kiev I will have to wait up to 92 months rather then max 42 in London. I am so sad. And now any new applicant by new immigration rules has to wait between 6 months and 1 year-its so unfair! I do not know what to do. My IELTS test has expired in March last year, I am not sure if I will be able to get any reference letters from my employers from the UK considering that I no longer live there. Should I waste no time and reapply? Thanks. Hanna

Richter

Post by Richter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Processing times in London have changed considerably for the old queue. The previously quoted 42 - 48 months is now around 24 - 30 months, with many people getting update letters in 24 months. You are probably very close now. I would hang on and if necessary re-take the IELTS.

anu_in_uk
Newly Registered

Post by anu_in_uk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm

I applied for canada immigration in July 2007 and submitted all my documents in Aug 2009. I havent heard anything from the embassy yet.

It has been 31 months for me since I applied and I am still waiting.

My personal experience is that I got updates and sent all my completed docs including police clearance and IELTS results etc but havent heard anything for last 5 months.

Do you know what happens after people submit all their documents. How long do they have to wait?

Thanks
anu

anirban_paul
United Kingdom

Re: Wait up to 92 month or apply by new system?

Post by anirban_paul » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:58 am

hanna wrote:And now any new applicant by new immigration rules has to wait between 6 months and 1 year-its so unfair!
Is this true? I am in UK and want to aooply for PR for Canada. Is this true that if I apply now in London office I will get a decision in 6-12 months?