ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about a Green Card

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ohoopee

Question about a Green Card

Post by Ohoopee » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:20 am

Hello,

I have been living in Ireland for the past two years on a Work Permit. It is getting close to time for my work permit to expire so I was thinking about instead of renewing my work permit for another three years to get permanent residency, that I would apply for a Green Card instead and save my self 500 Euro. The problem is, I am having trouble finding out if my job position is one supported by a Green Card. I am a Chef so it would be under catering. Is this job eligible for a Green card?

Thanks,

Edit: I feel that I should add that since I am a chef.... I will not be making 60,000 Euro a year. I saw a list of professions that were eligable for a Green Card even though the salery was less than 60,000 a year. Catering/Chef was not among them. The same list and rules are present for work permits as well and my work permit was approved last time. This is why I am so confused.