ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:57 pm

Sodedra
just leave it as it is, there is nothing to worry about.
if u still have not received yours that does not mean anything wrong.
HO does not process applications in order to receive date, there are hundreds of caseworkers working for many different units in there. some people are waiting over 6 months

even after 14th week they do not give you any information anyway, all they say on the phone is '' your application has not yet been completed''

just a word of advice, leave it as it is, I am sure you will get it fairly soon

sodedra
Newly Registered

Post by sodedra » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am

taylondon wrote:Sodedra
just leave it as it is, there is nothing to worry about.
if u still have not received yours that does not mean anything wrong.
HO does not process applications in order to receive date, there are hundreds of caseworkers working for many different units in there. some people are waiting over 6 months

even after 14th week they do not give you any information anyway, all they say on the phone is '' your application has not yet been completed''

just a word of advice, leave it as it is, I am sure you will get it fairly soon
hi thanks for the reasurance, but its still stressing, ive got a famly wedding at the end of feb, just hoping to get it back by then.

Izaa
Newly Registered

Post by Izaa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 am

Izaa wrote:Has anybody got ILR after the 24thOCT...?
I've sent mine on 2nd Nov still waiting ..So now have hope from 4th JAN 10

..Wish u all a Mary Chirstmas and Happy New Year.......Hope New Year will bring brilliant news for all of us..!!!

Applied for ILR SET(O) JR with 2 dependent

Application Sent: 02/11/09
Application recieved: 3/11/09
Money deducted: 16/11/09
Ack recieved: 13/11/09

ILR stamped 11/01/10

Passport recieved 14/01/10 .... :D :D :D :D :D

Don't worry guys ..everyone will get good news soon........"God is Great"

sodedra
Newly Registered

Post by sodedra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:24 pm

HI PRINCELY, have you heard anything yet?

sodedra
Newly Registered

Post by sodedra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:25 pm

hi izza, what time was it delivered?
was it delivered by royal mail?

kingie67
Newly Registered

Post by kingie67 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:11 pm

:?: Hello, just wondering if there are any updates for those of us waiting for SET (O) 10year rule. It looks like everyone else is getting theirs back - we seem to have been sidelined guys.

Are you still there Sheng, Oluwa, Croydon, Taylondon and Terriblefish? According to the last update there were 9 on the list and only two have had positive results!

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:27 pm

hello Kingie67,

I am still here and waiting lol

my solicitor says he has contacted to HO and they confirmed that the target waiting time for 10 year rule application is currently 6 months now.
the other 2 received theirs back around 6 months, so it proves it a bit

hopefully we all get ours back soon,

Croydon
Newly Registered

Post by Croydon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Hi,

I will have been waiting the SET(0) application under 10 years policy for 22 weeks by the end of this week.

I have contacted my local MP. However, the response forwarded by the MP from home office said the application is currently being processed and I have to wait.
Last edited by Croydon on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:09 pm

I have just found a decision from Immigration tribunal web site.
http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA118452009.doc

this lady applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years rule.

She applied: 12 November 2008

Application was refused: 3 April 2009

so it took HO approximately 22 weeks (over 5 months)

Izaa
Newly Registered

Post by Izaa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

sodedra wrote:hi izza, what time was it delivered?
The time was around 9.45 to 10 am ..It was recorded delivery (needed sign) but my regular postman was delivered it with normal post..........

sodedra
Newly Registered

Post by sodedra » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Izaa wrote:
sodedra wrote:hi izza, what time was it delivered?
The time was around 9.45 to 10 am ..It was recorded delivery (needed sign) but my regular postman was delivered it with normal post..........

hi so it does come with the post man delivering letter?
i thought it comes special from the post van.

its been 13 weeks and still waiting, just hoping to get it soon

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:12 pm

sodedra my dear,
just please relax a bit.

it does not matter whether it comes from post man or van or lorry or any vehicle you could think of, it just comes

i am sure you would get yours fairly soon,

kingie67
Newly Registered

Post by kingie67 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:07 pm

taylondon wrote:I have just found a decision from Immigration tribunal web site.
http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Unreported/IA118452009.doc

this lady applied for ILR on the basis of 10 years rule.

She applied: 12 November 2008

Application was refused: 3 April 2009

so it took HO approximately 22 weeks (over 5 months)
Hi Taylondon
There is something interesting to note about the Tribunal case. At the time that she applied, the ILR timelines were much less than the current 6months. I think their service targets were just 4weeks then! Yet it took 5months to get a no!

Should we safely assume that if your application goes excessively beyond their official targets, you are heading for a 'no'?

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:28 am

I do not think it definitly heads for ''no''
but it certainly means that your application needs further enquries by HO.

sodedra
Newly Registered

Post by sodedra » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 am

i recieved my ilr today came today at 8.00,

thanks for everyone help, it was so stressing but cant tell you how revealed i am.

PRINCELY youl be getting yours soon, my prayers are with you.

princely
Newly Registered

Post by princely » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:58 pm

sodedra wrote:i recieved my ilr today came today at 8.00,

thanks for everyone help, it was so stressing but cant tell you how revealed i am.

Congratulations my dear! each time I see your post, I always pray that things including time will work together for your good. Am so happy for you dear.
Was it processed @ Shefield?

oluwa112

still waiting 10 year Rule

Post by oluwa112 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:19 pm

hi guys!

I am a 10yr residence applicant. I have been a way sometime now, but i think i just needed it for my sanity. I have been waiting 22wks on 11 Jan and will be waiting 23wks on 18th Jan.

its a bit disheartening they are taking so long to decide and i guess i just tot to myself stressing about it wont fix it either.

Right now I am waiting on Both UKBA and my MP to get back to me. I got a letter dated 6th Dec from my MP that he will get back to me once he gets my status report from UKBA, so I am guessing he hasnt heard back either!

Its just quite frustrating that once cant do anything about the situation.... I guess if i have waited almost 23wks to hear back what is another 4wks right? "SIGHS".

Here is to hoping and praying that those of us that applied within the last 6 months are closer to hearing back sooner rather than later....

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Wellcome back Oluwa,

HO target waiting time for 10 years long residence application is around 6 months (24-25 weeks) now.
I got a strong feeling that you will get yours before end of January 2010.

sodedra
Newly Registered

Post by sodedra » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

princely wrote:
sodedra wrote:i recieved my ilr today came today at 8.00,

Congratulations my dear! each time I see your post, I always pray that things including time will work together for your good. Am so happy for you dear.
Was it processed @ Shefield?

hi yes it was processed at sheffield, ilr stamped 12th jan recieved 15th
hopefully yours is in the que.

oluwa112

Post by oluwa112 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:11 am

taylondon wrote:Wellcome back Oluwa,

HO target waiting time for 10 years long residence application is around 6 months (24-25 weeks) now.
I got a strong feeling that you will get yours before end of January 2010.
Thanx Taylondon! I hope so too after all I have waited the full 6months in 4wks... So really i should hear back between now and then...

Sheng
Newly Registered

Post by Sheng » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:41 am

kingie67 wrote::?: Hello, just wondering if there are any updates for those of us waiting for SET (O) 10year rule. It looks like everyone else is getting theirs back - we seem to have been sidelined guys.

Are you still there Sheng, Oluwa, Croydon, Taylondon and Terriblefish? According to the last update there were 9 on the list and only two have had positive results!
Yes, I am still here....

Still, no news at all from Home Office. Called them yesterday and the answer from them was always the same---please wait...

Had my passport sent on 5 August last year, guess I can do nothing but wait...

kingie67
Newly Registered

SET (O): Ten year rule

Post by kingie67 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 am

Sheng wrote:
kingie67 wrote::?: Hello, just wondering if there are any updates for those of us waiting for SET (O) 10year rule. It looks like everyone else is getting theirs back - we seem to have been sidelined guys.

Yes, I am still here....

Still, no news at all from Home Office. Called them yesterday and the answer from them was always the same---please wait...

I have got a feeling that Oluwa112 and Sheng should start rubbing their hands now - at least one of them should have an answer by the end of January.

It is also worth noting that the only two of us to get a positive response waited for 17wks and 22wks respectively. Sheng and Oluwa112 have now waited 24wks and 25wks respectively. It appears to be taking progressively longer for the Home Office to make decisions. This is just depressing but lets keep the faith - we will soon be celebrating like others.

CLS
Newly Registered

Re: SET (O): Ten year rule

Post by CLS » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:37 am

kingie67 wrote:
Sheng wrote:

Yes, I am still here....

I have got a feeling that Oluwa112 and Sheng should start rubbing their hands now - at least one of them should have an answer by the end of January.

It is also worth noting that the only two of us to get a positive response waited for 17wks and 22wks respectively. Sheng and Oluwa112 have now waited 24wks and 25wks respectively. It appears to be taking progressively longer for the Home Office to make decisions. This is just depressing but lets keep the faith - we will soon be celebrating like others.
Hello kingie67, Sheng, Oluwa, Taylondon and all who have applied under the 10 years rule, I am in my 20th week waiting now. I wish we all hear the good news very soon. I keep fingers crossed for all of us!! I find no need for me to keep calling that 0870 number, as it only add more "insult to my emotional injury".

kingie67
Newly Registered

Re: SET (O): Ten year rule

Post by kingie67 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:23 pm

CLS wrote: Hello kingie67, Sheng, Oluwa, Taylondon and all who have applied under the 10 years rule, I am in my 20th week waiting now. I wish we all hear the good news very soon. I keep fingers crossed for all of us!! I find no need for me to keep calling that 0870 number, as it only add more "insult to my emotional injury".
Hello CLS
It was good to hear from you. I totally agree with you about the 0870 number. Like you I have also stopped calling that number. You have put it quite right, "an insult to our emotional injuries". I remember Taylondon raising a similar point before.

Its just a sad case where the so called 'telephone advisors' have been turned into 'semi-computers', telling you the same thing all the time. And they even have the cheek to call it a PROGRESS INQUIRY LINE! This is really, really sad and it just turns me mad. :x :x

Lets however keep the faith - we shall be rejoicing soon

apagun
Newly Registered

i m in this boat

Post by apagun » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:33 pm

i applied at the PEO in liverpool on the 5th of october SET(M). I had my 2 years spouse visa from the same PEO. i was told they need to make further enquiries and will get back to me within 3 to 14 weeks. all my documents are still there with them including myself and my spouses passport. i got my SAR file and it states that the lady coould not finish the process that day as i am a subject of other home office record but no other record is on my file.Now my documents is in croydon.i ve contacted them after 14 weeks now but i was told it is still under consideration. i asked if someone has had a look at it and she answered yes.
i m getting really worried as the time scale is passed.