ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bankruptcy and ILR staus

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chrysfanning
Newly Registered

Bankruptcy and ILR staus

Post by chrysfanning » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:27 am

Does bankruptcy or ccj's effect eligibility for ILR. in UK law?????

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Bankruptcy and ILR staus

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:23 am

chrysfanning wrote:Does bankruptcy or ccj's effect eligibility for ILR. in UK law?????
Pretty sure not but will for Naturalisation.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

taylondon

it does not effect

Post by taylondon » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:28 am

a friend of mine has submitted her British Naturalisation form to HO 3 weeks ago, she had a CCJ back in 2007. We rang the British Citizenship enquiry line and spoke to an agent and his manager, they both confirmed that Local County Courts' CCJs have got no effect on this application, however bankrupcy does effect the outcome of this application

Brightest Star

Re: it does not effect

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 am

taylondon wrote:a friend of mine has submitted her British Naturalisation form to HO 3 weeks ago, she had a CCJ back in 2007. We rang the British Citizenship enquiry line and spoke to an agent and his manager, they both confirmed that Local County Courts' CCJs have got no effect on this application, however bankrupcy does effect the outcome of this application
Hi There,

So, did your friend finally manage to get the naturalisation approved?

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: it does not effect

Post by keshgrover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

taylondon wrote:a friend of mine has submitted her British Naturalisation form to HO 3 weeks ago, she had a CCJ back in 2007. We rang the British Citizenship enquiry line and spoke to an agent and his manager, they both confirmed that Local County Courts' CCJs have got no effect on this application, however bankrupcy does effect the outcome of this application
I strongly believe you have your appliation outcome by now. Could you kindly let the board know about it please. As it will help a lot people.

Regards
KESH

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm

her application was refused unfortunately however the CCJ was not the reason at all. They did not mention a single word about CCJ in the refusal letter.

the reason was different.
a month after she submit the application, she received a letter from HO saying that '' we have received some certain allegations about you and we want you to take life in the UK test again in the centre we arrange for you''

there was some allegations about her pass certificate, she passed it in march 2008 and she had her indefinite leave to remain as a spouse of british citizen with this pass certificate in November 2008.

HO arranged a new test for her and she failed. HO refused the application by finding her to be not a good character and using deception and false, fake ways against government.

they told her that further 10 years her fresh applications will be refused. they did not refund the original fee of around £800 but they refunded the £80 for the cost of citizenship ceremony.

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm

taylondon wrote:her application was refused unfortunately however the CCJ was not the reason at all. They did not mention a single word about CCJ in the refusal letter.

a month after she submit the application, she received a letter from HO saying that '' we have received some certain allegations about you and we want you to take life in the UK test again in the centre we arrange for you''

there was some allegations about her pass certificate, she passed it in march 2008 and she had her indefinite leave to remain as a spouse of british citizen with this pass certificate in November 2008.

HO arranged a new test for her and she failed. HO refused the application by finding her to be not a good character and using deception and false, fake ways against government.

they told her that further 10 years her fresh applications will be refused. they did not refund the original fee of around £800 but they refunded the £80 for the cost of citizenship ceremony.

Thats so sad....I feel very bad for your friend.....It is such a shame that no one actually clearly knows if having a CCJ alone only with no other kind of fines or convictions wreck the chances of getting naturalised.

Kesh...I remember you posted in earlier posts that you have confirmed with HO and the HO manager that CCJ does not effect your chances of getting naturalised subject to other requirements are met.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
taylondon wrote:her application was refused unfortunately however the CCJ was not the reason at all. They did not mention a single word about CCJ in the refusal letter.

Thats so sad....I feel very bad for your friend.....It is such a shame that no one actually clearly knows if having a CCJ alone only with no other kind of fines or convictions wreck the chances of getting naturalised.

Kesh...I remember you posted in earlier posts that you have confirmed with HO and the HO manager that CCJ does not effect your chances of getting naturalised subject to other requirements are met.
Taylondon, sorry to hear about your friend.

Brightest Star. Yes I did say that in my another posts. But I find it very uncomfirtable when HO finds one way another to say no to poeple with CCJ's. I have seen quite few cases on another forum where HO initially said no but after request for review they changed their decision.

Now, consdering elections are soon. Labour will put their blood in, to win this elections. Chances are very low but their usual policy is Immigration bombs. I would say it is the best time for any one to apply. As pressure increases, effeciency becomes the key.

Hope for the best for every one.
Last edited by keshgrover on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KESH

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm

keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:

Taylondon, sorry to hear about your friend.

Brightest Star. Yes I did say that in my another posts. But I find it very uncomfirtable when HO finds one way another to say no to poeple with CCJ's. I have seen quite few cases on another forum where HO initially said no but after request for review they changed their decision.

Now, consdering elections are soon. Labour will put their blood in, to win this elections. Chances are very low but their usually policy is Immigration bombs. I would say it is the best time for any one to apply. As pressure increases, effeciency becomes the key.

Hope for the best for every one.

Hmmmm...I can imagine the situation Kesh.....difficult on who to rely and who not to......But please keep us updated in the "timeline thread" your status...

taylondon

Post by taylondon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:33 pm

I am certain that the CCJ itself has got no effect on British Naturalisation application at all. I spoke to the manager from HO hotline for Naturalisation application, he made it quite clear that CCJ got no effect on the applications.
However bankcrupcy does have effect on those applications.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:39 pm

taylondon wrote:I am certain that the CCJ itself has got no effect on British Naturalisation application at all. I spoke to the manager from HO hotline for Naturalisation application, he made it quite clear that CCJ got no effect on the applications.
Brightest Star, I will keep the forum updated.

Taylondon please have look at the following new guideline for Case Workers :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ch18annexd

It is not threatening but more clearer then the previous one.
KESH

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:18 pm

keshgrover wrote:
taylondon wrote:I am certain that the CCJ itself has got no effect on British Naturalisation application at all. I spoke to the manager from HO hotline for Naturalisation application, he made it quite clear that CCJ got no effect on the applications.

Thanks Kesh..the link which you posted is quite interesting and it does not talk about any CCJ's but says that if you owe a creditor more than £750.00 then the creditor can apply in the court to make you bankrupt. I do not see a reason why a CCJ should be a refusal reason unless the HO wants to wait and see if the creditor have any intention of declaring the person bankrupt....Did you not try to get your CCJ removed by setting aside the judgement.......

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:35 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
keshgrover wrote:

Thanks Kesh..the link which you posted is quite interesting and it does not talk about any CCJ's but says that if you owe a creditor more than £750.00 then the creditor can apply in the court to make you bankrupt. I do not see a reason why a CCJ should be a refusal reason unless the HO wants to wait and see if the creditor have any intention of declaring the person bankrupt....Did you not try to get your CCJ removed by setting aside the judgement.......
First, I was in total grief and did not realise that what effect they would have afterwords. Second, they are still not fully paid and I am still paying them.
Hopefully, I will get through this. It is very stressfull. Hope for the Best.
KESH

Post by 9588 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:30 pm

if bankcrupcy have an effects on naturalisation application, then what about IVA ?? anyone knows if it has an effect at all??

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:34 pm

9588 wrote:
if bankcrupcy have an effects on naturalisation application, then what about IVA ?? anyone knows if it has an effect at all??
Read the link in my above post.

Regards
KESH