ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence Law

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Junaidbinyasin
Mood:
Pakistan

Long Residence Law

Post by Junaidbinyasin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wonder if anyone or you all can help? I Just heard there are proposed changes in 10years rule coming up in Feb. Is that there will be no ILR for student after 10 years, suppose if that is case than when will it be implimented, will any 1 who is here for long time and just short of three four months will be considered.

I'll be very thankful to you all if you can comment on this or if there is any link available for this kind of information.

Regards

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:49 pm

where did you hear about 'proposals' that are to be announced. It could very well be that there are to be changes but there is nothing on the UKBA website to suggest this. I know there was one change which is now place - ie Long residency applicants cannot now use the PEO to make application. This took effect beginning of this year.

What effect it would have? well it is all speculation really. So dont worry too much about it until they actually say they are going to do somethin