ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT BENEFITS CAN BE CLAIMED (if benefits can be claimed)???

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

oraake

WHAT BENEFITS CAN BE CLAIMED (if benefits can be claimed)???

Post by oraake » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:14 pm

A single mother who is an EEA 2 residence card holder wants to know if it is possible for her to claim benefits for her child and what type of benefits can be claimed( if any)

The child's father is also an EEA2 residence card holder (not married to the mother). Does this have any effect on the claiming of benefits?

Please i would like to know the benefits that this person is eligible to claim?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 pm

A single mother who is an EEA 2 residence card holder wants to know if it is possible for her to claim benefits for her child and what type of benefits can be claimed( if any)
I am confused, but maybe it is just the terminology you have used? A residence card is issued to a non-EEA family member of an EEA citizen? So if she is a single mother, how does she have a residence card?

Or is she an EEA citizen, holding a residence certificate?

Same sort of queries about the father.

It might be helpful if you post details of the nationalities of the two of them. And also other relevant information?
John

oraake

Post by oraake » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 pm

Ok my bad !!! John !!!!

this is it......... the lady in question is a non eea national. She now has a residence card (her sister who is french) made the application for her. She is a single mum, she has a daughter for her ex boyfriend, also a non eea national (who also holds a residence card) as he is now married to an irish girl.

This lady in question works and would like to know if she is able claim working tax credits, child benefit, child tax credits etc due to her new immigration status or would that be impossible as the baby is a not an eea national /british citizen?

I hope this is fully explained now. Any explanation would be appreciated.

Thank you.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:56 am

The single mother :-
  • is she living with her French sister?
  • what is her nationality?
  • how long has she been living in the UK as a family member of her sister?
  • how old is she?
John

oraake

Post by oraake » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:55 am

Thanks John !!!

The single mother has since moved out of her sisters.
The single mother is Cameroonian
The single mother has been in the Uk since January 2007
The single mother is 33 years old.

These are the answers to your questions. if you require any other info, do kindly let me know.

Thank you again