ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified Copy of an Original Birth Certificate/Translation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mendo

Certified Copy of an Original Birth Certificate/Translation

Post by mendo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi all,

My wife had her application for naturalization returned.

The reasons:

- missing the Certified Copy of the Original Birth Certificate

This was my fault, i didn't read the list carefully and I didn't send a separate Certified Copy of the Original Birth Certificate and I was thinking that the translation would be enough.

- missing the Certified Copy of the Translation of the Birth Certificate

I am not sure about this, because I sent the original translation of the Birth Certificate, certified by a notary from her home country and translated by a authorized translator from her home country.
We've used this original translation when she applied for EU1/EU4Fam residency and we didn't have any issues.

-missing the Certified Copy of the Original Marriage Certificate

This one is really strange because the Marriage Certificate is Irish and I went to a commissioner of oaths in Dublin (who signed the application as well) who made the photocopy himself and then stamped and signed the back of it, stating that it is the exact copy of the original.
Maybe they forgot to check the back of the certificate.

Does anyone know if a solicitor has to certify the translation apart from the certified translator? I am asking because the commissioner of oaths refused to stamp it.
Or should we send a certified copy of the translation and not the original translation.
My wife went to an authorized translator in Dublin, to get a new translation maybe they will accept if is done in Ireland.

Regards,

Mendo
________
Motorcycle tires
Last edited by mendo on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocketAces

Re: Certified Copy of an Original Birth Certificate/Translat

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:07 pm

mendo wrote:Hi all,

My wife had her application for naturalization returned.

The reasons:

- missing the Certified Copy of the Original Birth Certificate

This was my fault, i didn't read the list carefully and I didn't send a separate Certified Copy of the Original Birth Certificate and I was thinking that the translation would be enough.

- missing the Certified Copy of the Translation of the Birth Certificate

I am not sure about this, because I sent the original translation of the Birth Certificate, certified by a notary from her home country and translated by a authorized translator from her home country.
We've used this original translation when she applied for EU1/EU4Fam residency and we didn't have any issues.

-missing the Certified Copy of the Original Marriage Certificate

This one is really strange because the Marriage Certificate is Irish and I went to a commissioner of oaths in Dublin (who signed the application as well) who made the photocopy himself and then stamped and signed the back of it, stating that it is the exact copy of the original.
Maybe they forgot to check the back of the certificate.

Does anyone know if a solicitor has to certify the translation apart from the certified translator? I am asking because the commissioner of oaths refused to stamp it.
Or should we send a certified copy of the translation and not the original translation.
My wife went to an authorized translator in Dublin, to get a new translation maybe they will accept if is done in Ireland.

Regards,

Mendo

i found this company is quite good
http://www.irishtranslation.ie/contact_us.html

i used them to translate some docs and used in German Embassy, Irish reg office and they all accepted the translated docs from this company.
you have to submit the original docs as well, dont forget about this!

tiggs

Post by tiggs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:01 am

Hi Mendos,
My birth cert was in non-English. I just went to me solicitor, filled in birth affidavit (showed him original birth cert, English translation and me passport) and got him to sign and stamp it.
It worked for me naturalisation application.
Regards
tiggs

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:16 am

I think I found the answers myself:

They want the following certified copies:

-Certified Copy of the Original Birth Certificate (just a copy stamped by a solicitor)
-Certified Copy of the Translation of the Birth Certificate (just a copy of a certified translation stamped by a solicitor and not the original translation document)
-Certified Copy of the Original Marriage Certificate (just a copy stamped by a solicitor)

I am not sure why they mention the Marriage Certificate as not certified in my wifes application, because it was.

Regards,

Mendo

P.S The affidavit is accepted only if you can't provide a copy of the original birth cert or if they don't like the format of it.
________
Reinsurance Advice

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 am

If I remember correctly, different people need to do different parts, e.g. Peace Commissioner can stamp the App form itself (spouse of Irish citizen part), but you need a notary/solicitor to verify copies of documents.

INIS Website says
Section 15: Applications based on Marriage to Irish Citizens This section should be completed by applicants applying on the basis of their marriage to an Irish citizen. A sworn declaration witnessed by an authorised person (e.g. Solicitor, Peace Commissioner, Notary public, Commissioner for oaths) must also be completed by your spouse.
Form 8 says
Certified copy of original Long form Civil Marriage Certificate (if applicable) showing civil status at date of Marriage i.e. married, single, divorced. A certified copy is a photocopy of the certificate that has been made and validated by a notary public, commissioner, solicitor etc.
Or perhaps they just didn't see the stamp on the back of the page (Marriage Certificate)? All mine were stamped on the front.

As for the Translation of the Birth Cert, perhaps they didnt realise that this was the original. You should not send in originals as from what I understand the doc's will not be returned to you. Perhaps if you just get a photocopy of the original and get the Solicitor/Notary to stamp that it's a valid copy would work! Hard to know with them really.

Out of curiousity, was this sent back immediately or did this happen months later?

mendo

Post by mendo » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:14 am

The documents were sent back immediatelly after a week.
________
Suzuki dr-z series specifications

americanboy
Newly Registered

Post by americanboy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:03 pm

My spouse'e birth certificate is in non english, we translated the same through a Notary public in the home country. With the certified copy of birt certificate and certified copy of translation done by notary public and birth affidavit we are planning to re send the application for my wife.
As he application was returned due to the unavailabilty of birth certificate.
Will that be ok? Or do we need to use any other form of Translation.
In the original birth certificate eveything is written local language and english,except the name which is in only local language.
i would appreciate ur opnion and others....
tiggs wrote:Hi Mendos,
My birth cert was in non-English. I just went to me solicitor, filled in birth affidavit (showed him original birth cert, English translation and me passport) and got him to sign and stamp it.
It worked for me naturalisation application.
Regards
tiggs

krb
Newly Registered

Post by krb » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:27 pm

INIS recently asked me for a certified BC from my native country.
My BC was not in english. This is what I sent INIS, and this was accepted:
1) I got a photocopy of my BC (not in english) issued by the local authority in my country and got it attested in my country.
2) I then did a literal translation of it and got it notorised in my country.

I sent both these doccuments to INIS which were accepted.

regards,

americanboy
Newly Registered

Post by americanboy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:03 pm

Many thanks
krb wrote:INIS recently asked me for a certified BC from my native country.
My BC was not in english. This is what I sent INIS, and this was accepted:
1) I got a photocopy of my BC (not in english) issued by the local authority in my country and got it attested in my country.
2) I then did a literal translation of it and got it notorised in my country.

I sent both these doccuments to INIS which were accepted.

regards,