ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR/ employment question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seanface
Newly Registered

ILR/ employment question

Post by seanface » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

My girlfriend has lived and worked in the UK on a work visa for the last 5 years. Her plan was to apply for the ILR in March. However, she just found out her work will not be reviewing her contract at the end of the month. Does this mean she can not apply for the ILR if she is not going to be employed? Does anyone have any advice or experience in dealing with this? Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: ILR/ employment question

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:52 pm

seanface wrote:My girlfriend has lived and worked in the UK on a work visa for the last 5 years. Her plan was to apply for the ILR in March. However, she just found out her work will not be reviewing her contract at the end of the month. Does this mean she can not apply for the ILR if she is not going to be employed? Does anyone have any advice or experience in dealing with this? Thanks
It depends when she is completing 5 years. If she has already completed 5 years than do not wait till March. Applied immediately. In that case she will not have to depend on her employer or contract.

For ILR, you should show that you were on WP for 5 years. If her employer terminate contract/employment before she complete 5 years, she have to look for another WP/tier-1 to get ILR.

luckie
Newly Registered

info needed

Post by luckie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi,

I plan to apply for ILR in Feb last week but my job ends in may...with only 3 months job left, will the home office issue me an ILR ? please help..
i have a feeling my HR would mention in the letter when my job ends with them !

Cheers,
Luckie

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: info needed

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 pm

No. you don't have to worry. ILR is approved based on your previous status and not on future status.
luckie wrote:Hi,

I plan to apply for ILR in Feb last week but my job ends in may...with only 3 months job left, will the home office issue me an ILR ? please help..

Cheers,
Luckie

nksg

Re: info needed

Post by nksg » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Chetan,

I just read the ILR form SET O (9C Page 12 forseto0409) and it says that all the WP applicants require a letter from their employer that their services will be required after the ILR. I am not sure how much this impacts the application but its there on the form.

Regards,

N
chetanojha wrote:No. you don't have to worry. ILR is approved based on your previous status and not on future status.
luckie wrote:Hi,

Cheers,
Luckie

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:28 pm

@chetanojha

Thx !!