ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheary
Newly Registered

TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Post by sheary » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:40 pm

:?
Hello,
I need some help. i hve been in uk for 4year. i got my tier 1 general last month. know i want to apply for my wife visa. i have confusion about bank statement for my wife visa that how much have to show. someone told me tht i have to show £1600+£800 and someone told me tht i just need to show £533 becuase i hve been in uk for more then one year. can anybody help me about this that how much i need for my bank statement.
thanks a lot.
Shear[/b]

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:47 pm

sheary wrote::?
Hello,
I need some help. i hve been in uk for 4year. i got my tier 1 general last month. know i want to apply for my wife visa. i have confusion about bank statement for my wife visa that how much have to show. someone told me tht i have to show £1600+£800 and someone told me tht i just need to show £533 becuase i hve been in uk for more then one year. can anybody help me about this that how much i need for my bank statement.
thanks a lot.
Shear[/b]
You need Maintenance funds of £800 + £533

Please go through Page 9 of HO Dependents Guidance Paragraph 41 which gives an example..

or check at this LINK
41. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family
member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

sheary
Newly Registered

tier 1 general dependent

Post by sheary » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 pm

thx for reply. i have been in this country more then one year but i got tier 1 general in december 2009 is tht will effect on my bank statement because someone told me tha u been on tier 1 general in this country less then a six month thts y i need £1600 for my wife and £800 for my own. plz help me about this matter
thanks a lot

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Read Tier 1 Dependent policy guidance carefully (particulary para 40-44).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:12 am

sushdmehta wrote:Maintenance funds are calculated on basis of the time the principal applicant has lived in the UK as a Tier 1 migrant .... not the time he / she might have lived in the UK on the whole (under different immigration categories).

regards
Sushmehta.. i am not sure about your above message when i switched from WP to Tier1(G) i show maintenance of 800+ 533 + 533 and i was not on Tier1(G) Migrant.. but only on the basis of the fact that i lived in UK for more than 12months...

Can you please show me a link where it says that the Main Applicant has lived in UK AS a Tier1 Migrant ...
this will help me not to misguide others in future.. no offence pls..

thanks appreciate your help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Family member of a Tier 1 Migrant wrote: 40. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
41. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).
43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.
My understanding is based on these paragraphs from the dependent policy guide. But I stand corrected if it is not so.

And thanks for highlighting a potential incorrect advice (therefore earlier post edited). Appreciate it!

regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:54 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Family member of a Tier 1 Migrant wrote: 40. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
41. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).
43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.
My understanding is based on these paragraphs from the dependent policy guide. But I stand corrected if it is not so.

And thanks for highlighting a potential incorrect advice (therefore earlier post edited). Appreciate it!

regards
Thanks Sushdmehta for the update.. i just adviced based on my personal experience as mentioned above.. Cheers..

sheary
Newly Registered

Post by sheary » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Sushmehta thx for reply but i am still confused . i did read dependent policy guide "If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself" but u said its only possible if i have been in uk more then one year on tier 1 migren. could u plz tell me wht should i do. should i use £533+£800 bank statement or not plz help me in this matter
thanks a lot
tvn_ramesh wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Maintenance funds are calculated on basis of the time the principal applicant has lived in the UK as a Tier 1 migrant .... not the time he / she might have lived in the UK on the whole (under different immigration categories).

regards
Sushmehta.. i am not sure about your above message when i switched from WP to Tier1(G) i show maintenance of 800+ 533 + 533 and i was not on Tier1(G) Migrant.. but only on the basis of the fact that i lived in UK for more than 12months...

Can you please show me a link where it says that the Main Applicant has lived in UK AS a Tier1 Migrant ...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:43 pm

sheary wrote:Sushmehta thx for reply but i am still confused . i did read dependent policy guide "If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself" but u said its only possible if i have been in uk more then one year on tier 1 migren. could u plz tell me wht should i do. should i use £533+£800 bank statement or not plz help me in this matter
thanks a lot
tvn_ramesh wrote:

regards

dude u need to show 800 + 533.... dont get confused... Ramesh is right....
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:45 pm

To be on the safe side (and if it is doable), why not show the necessary maintenance funds assumming you have lived in UK for less than 12 months. After all, the amount of maintenance funds to be shown when the principal applicant has lived in UK for less than 12 months are HIGHER than when the principal applicant has lived in UK for more than 12 months. So the caseworker will no problem when he sees that you have shown more money than needed.

This said, my understanding here is based on my intrepretation of the policy guidance, which, as tvn_ramesh has highlighted is contrary to his own practical experience. Therefore, you could follow my suggestion (as explained above) or wait for some other members to confirm one way or the other!

regards

sheary
Newly Registered

Post by sheary » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:00 pm

thx for reply. i spoke to my solicitor who did my tier 1 general. he said to me tht i just need to show £533 because i hve been country more then 4year and dosnt matter whatever status i had and i m applying only for dependent. he said its written in dependent policey guide in paragraph 44. anywaz i am applying with £533+£800 bank statement.lets see wht happen. thanks a lot for advise.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:09 pm

sheary wrote:thx for reply. i spoke to my solicitor who did my tier 1 general. he said to me tht i just need to show £533 because i hve been country more then 4year and dosnt matter whatever status i had and i m applying only for dependent. he said its written in dependent policey guide in paragraph 44. anywaz i am applying with £533+£800 bank statement.lets see wht happen. thanks a lot for advise.
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application
at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for
his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).
43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would
require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
44. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds
to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third
child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies
for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an
additional £533 in available funds
I am afraid he is wrong.. pls read the above paragraphs..green and red.. you shd have 800+ 533 for sure..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm

£800+£533
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

sheary
Newly Registered

Post by sheary » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:29 pm

i have £533+£800 in my bank statement for last three month but i hve confusion about £1600+£800.
quote="tvn_ramesh"]
sheary wrote:thx for reply. i spoke to my solicitor who did my tier 1 general. he said to me tht i just need to show £533 because i hve been country more then 4year and dosnt matter whatever status i had and i m applying only for dependent. he said its written in dependent policey guide in paragraph 44. anywaz i am applying with £533+£800 bank statement.lets see wht happen. thanks a lot for advise.
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800). 43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 [c

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:00 am

Restating: £800+£533
sheary wrote:i have £533+£800 in my bank statement for last three month but i hve confusion about £1600+£800.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800). 43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:06 am

push wrote:Restating: £800+£533
sheary wrote:i have £533+£800 in my bank statement for last three month but i hve confusion about £1600+£800.
tvn_ramesh wrote:
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800). 43. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399
Dont get misled by Tier-1 Migrant quote above. Just forget about dependant's application - do you think the highlighted statement above makes any sense for the main applicant? If the main applicant is applying at the same time as his dependants, would he be Tier-1 Migrant at that time? Tier-1 Migrant above refers to Tier-1 main applicant and not necessarily (covering extension cases here) someone who already holds Tier-1 VISA
regards,
push

sheary
Newly Registered

TIER 1 GENERAL DEPENDENT

Post by sheary » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:52 pm

i hve one question can i send any other documents to embassy after submittation of my application "BANK STATEMENT".

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:52 pm

sheary wrote:i hve one question can i send any other documents to embassy after submittation of my application "BANK STATEMENT".
Sorry, didn't get what you said. Can you restate what your question is?
regards,
push

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:02 pm

sheary wrote:i hve one question can i send any other documents to embassy after submittation of my application "BANK STATEMENT".
Do you mean to say once you send your application to HO.. Can you send any other documents like "BANK STATEMENT" to them again??

if yes.. for this the HO Reference letter says dont send us any docs unless we ask for..

kunze

Post by kunze » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:21 pm

I sent in my applicationin dec 22 ,2009. with 2 dependant,1 dependent was refused.
Query
can i re-apply immediately for that dependant?
can i use same document i used before?
apart from maintenance fund,what else do i need to show?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:33 pm

kunze wrote:I sent in my applicationin dec 22 ,2009. with 2 dependant,1 dependent was refused.
Query
can i re-apply immediately for that dependant?
can i use same document i used before?
apart from maintenance fund,what else do i need to show?
Yes you can re apply immediately once your documents are ready, but with new fees need to be paid..

yes you can use the same documents but you need to make sure the latest date on the Bankstatement falls within 1month on the date you apply..

Dependent application form
Sponser letter from main applicant
COpy of Main applicants Passport especially with the new visa in it..
Birth Certificate
Mainteannce funds bank statements
photographs new set which falls within 1month
hmm.. will get back if i need to add any..

goodluck..

kunze

Post by kunze » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:02 pm

can u give me the foolwing answer
1) Format for Sponsor letter
2) how may pictures can i attarch
3)if i enter uk after 28 of visa what will be the conseqeunce?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:42 pm

kunze wrote:can u give me the foolwing answer
1) Format for Sponsor letter

pls search for one on this forum if not will send u tom as I don't have it handy..

2) how may pictures can i attarch

2 x photos

3)if i enter uk after 28 of visa what will be the conseqeunce?

you need to go for 1more extension in future if the current rules stays for ILR.. but I thhink it is tooo early to worry about it as they (rules)are expected to change