ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how does a crimial offense affect your life. - my true story

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pocketAces

how does a crimial offense affect your life. - my true story

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:32 pm

hi everyone

today i just found out about this forum ,i have to say this forum opened my mind. people are so friendly here and i decided to share my story and ask a fewn questions.

i am married and my wife is a EU citizen.

my EU1 application is pending and currently i am on the Stamp4 visa.
i got the Stamp4 visa cos my EU1 application is pending...
i am allowed to work in Ireland and i felt very lucky about that.

my story is, i was driving without insurance and valid tax and was caught by the gardas and was convicted to the court, i was fined for 300 euro and my Provisional driving license was disqualified for 1 year...
i got my full license after that..

i was applying to be a Garda at that time, being a police was always been my dream, i passed all the written exam and inteviews which wasnt really easy for a non-national like me. i was turned down in the end because they found out about my traffic offense.

it is ok, not to be a police i can still live, was really sad and upset tho.

after a few year, i met my wife, she is a very lovely girl and i still believe she is a gift from God.

after a while i applied for the EU1 and here i am now.

i found this forum today and have read a lot of the posts.

i start checking about my situation and i think i know the answer now.

maybe i can get my EU1 visa,
maybe i can renew my EU1 visa each year for the next 5 years,
maybe i can get a EU3 visa in the future,
more than likely after all these years, if i apply for a citizenship, my application will be refused because my traffic offence.

i see many people saying traffic offense/driving points will not affect the application, many opposite oppions as well.

i figure out that this is all depend on the Dept of Justice. is this really justice?

i have a friend, who over stayed in ireland/working and living with his Irish girlfriend for 2 years and got married. he was caught by the Garda+immigration officer and was deported back to his home country.
his irish decided to leave with him and they stayed in his home country for 6 months. the wife's family really miss the wife and they start looking for help, in the end they found a relation in the goverment and the relation wrote a letter to the dept of justice, then that is it, my friend got his PR....i am very happy for him.

i have to say, i love ireland, i lived here for 10 years and i met all my friends here. but today i have made up my mind, i will start learning German and move to Germany with my wife(she is German)
maybe it will be hard for me to start a new life in Germany or my resident application will be turned down by German Embassy.

but i see more hope there....i dont want to spend another 5-10 years build up my life here and being asked to leave in the future.

my advice for everyone who is reading my post is: before you making all the decisions, think twice, i meant decisions like a beer before you driving home and other small bad decision cant affect anything for the moment but can affect your life in the future.

also i would like to ask some questions:
1, after I get EU1 visa, how long can you renew it for?
i mean you can renew it each year for 5 years and what happens after that ?

2, if I apply EU3 visa/citizenship and being refused,
can i still renew the EU1 visa?

3, i saw on EU3 form, evidence of residence in all previous address
i was staying in a host family for a few years and in a friends place for a few years, never had any utility bill/rent agreement for those few years,
what should i provide? i can provide the reg letter of the tenency board tho.

by the way, FYI
applying a EU1 visa, for the evidence of residence, Dept of Justice will require a reg letter from the Tenency board from you. there is a huge backlog there and it took me 3months to get it, can you believe that??
so i rekon if you need it ,ask your landlord apply it asap!

i would like to answer any questions if you need some help on applying EU1

thank you

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 pm

When did you apply for EU1? mean which month?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: how does a crimial offense affect your life. - my true s

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi pocketAces.

The EU1 form is not an application for a visa. It is an application for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen, for which you have an entitlement.
pocketAces wrote:1, after I get EU1 visa, how long can you renew it for?
Following processing of your EU1 application, the Residence Card (Stamp 4 EUFam) will be valid for 5 years. After that, you can apply for a Permanent Residence Card, using form EU3. It is not known yet what Stamp "number" will be issued, but my opinion is that "Stamp 5 EUFam" should be used.

pocketAces wrote:2, if I apply EU3 visa/citizenship and being refused,
The EU3 application cannot be refused provided you have been lawfully resident in Ireland for 5 years, in accordance with the Directive.

pocketAces wrote:3, i saw on EU3 form, evidence of residence in all previous address
i was staying in a host family for a few years and in a friends place for a few years, never had any utility bill/rent agreement for those few years,
Whatever you have which can provide evidence that you have lawfully resided with your EU national family member, in Ireland, for 5 years will suffice.

pocketAces wrote:by the way, FYI
applying a EU1 visa, for the evidence of residence, Dept of Justice will require a reg letter from the Tenency board from you. there is a huge backlog there and it took me 3months to get it, can you believe that??
The PRTB registration letter is not the only way of proving residence and it is not mandatory that this letter is supplied. In six applications for my family members, over the passed four years, I have not once submitted a PRTB letter.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:58 pm

rebel82 wrote:When did you apply for EU1? mean which month?
i submit all the application in Nov 09,
they gave me a visa til Apr this year and told me i should be give a dicision by that time.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm

benifa wrote:Hi pocketAces.

The EU1 form is not an application for a visa. It is an application for a Residence Card of a family member of a Union citizen, for which you have an entitlement.
pocketAces wrote:1, after I get EU1 visa, how long can you renew it for?
Following processing of your EU1 application, the Residence Card (Stamp 4 EUFam) will be valid for 5 years. After that, you can apply for a Permanent Residence Card, using form EU3. It is not known yet what Stamp "number" will be issued, but my opinion is that "Stamp 5 EUFam" should be used.

pocketAces wrote:2, if I apply EU3 visa/citizenship and being refused,
The EU3 application cannot be refused provided you have been lawfully resident in Ireland for 5 years, in accordance with the Directive.

pocketAces wrote:3, i saw on EU3 form, evidence of residence in all previous address
Whatever you have which can provide evidence that you have lawfully resided with your EU national family member, in Ireland, for 5 years will suffice.

pocketAces wrote:by the way, FYI
The PRTB registration letter is not the only way of proving residence and it is not mandatory that this letter is supplied. In six applications for my family members, over the passed four years, I have not once submitted a PRTB letter.
Dear Benifa,

by reading your post ,light up the hope in my life again!
thank you so much for your information!

by the way, is EU3 a permenant resident card?

thank you again

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:05 pm

pocketAces wrote:Dear Benifa,

You're very welcome.

pocketAces wrote:by the way, is EU3 a permenant resident card?
EU3 is the application form which is used to apply for a Permanent Residence Card.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:13 pm

benifa wrote:
pocketAces wrote:Dear Benifa,

You're very welcome.

pocketAces wrote:by the way, is EU3 a permenant resident card?
EU3 is the application form which is used to apply for a Permanent Residence Card.
that is great news !

i have to say, you just made my day!

thank you so much!

Adam/Sophie
Newly Registered

pocketaces

Post by Adam/Sophie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:33 pm

Did they give you a temporary stamp 4 straight away or did you have to wait.
They have not given my husband anything not even a stamp 4
and they are asking for a prtb.
Shouldn't they ask for that kind of information after they issue the stamp 4 while we wait for the Eu fam card.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:23 am

You should have contacted the INIS when you didn't receive your husband's stamp4.
When you filed your application after that they didn't send you any acknowledgement letter?
Did you try to contact INIS about that?
anyway as you said you applied on 14th of August so you will be getting your husband's decision next week because these days INIS is taking 5 months and one week for most people.
please let us know if you get any reply from them..

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:19 am

rebel82 wrote:You should have contacted the INIS when you didn't receive your husband's stamp4.
The temporary Stamp 4 that the DoJ have been issuing in recent times, pending 6 months processing of the EU1 application, is not an entitlement. Welcome and useful it may be, it is not an entitlement.

The applicant is, however, entitled to a Certificate of Application, which must be issued immediately. If this takes the form of a letter inviting the applicant to register for Stamp 4, so be it. Importantly, any document which serves to certify that an application has been received may be equally valid.