ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application with new born baby and wife as dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saeedusman
Member of Standing

PSW application with new born baby and wife as dependents

Post by saeedusman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 am

Hi all members,
I am new to this forum and has studied many topics but haven’t find any specific answer for my questions. I would seek your help please:

I am here Pakistani national and here in England on student visa from 16th October 2008 (continuous stay here, so it is more that 12 months). And i will get my masters degree in Jan/Feb 2010.

I invited my wife on dependent visa and she came in here on 29th May 2009.

My student visa (as well as my dependent wife) will expire on 31st May 2010.

We are expecting baby in March 2010 (before my visa expire and before I apply for PSW).

So definitely I need to apply for me and two dependents.

Below are my questions and I am thankful in advance for those who will reply with the relevant information.

1. What is the minimum time we should apply for PSW before our visa expires (In my case is going to expire on 31st May 2010, so is it must to apply at least one month before this date?)

2. There is a big confusion of maintenance funds. I am here for more than 12 months but my baby and wife are not here for more than 12 months, so i will maintain £800 for me and how much for dependents? It will be £533 per dependent or £1600? I have read many threads but all confused with these funding requirements... so what is the case? Is it the dependent’s stay (more or less than 12 months) which matter for his/her funding or just the MAIN applicants stay?

3. What about the passport and visa of my baby? Should I get from Pakistani Embassy from London and first get dependent visa and then include that baby in my PSW application? If yes, then how much funds maintenance is needed?

4. If I can make baby’s application for visa with my PSW application as well (if I do not make before for dependent visa), then how much funds needed for baby (is it same for dependent or some provision for the new born baby)?

5. And the last, is it must to keep the required funds in the bank even after we have got full 3 months bank statement and applied for the PSW? Or we can then withdraw money from that account after getting the statement? Does the HO check the current balance when they are looking/processing the application?

I will really appreciate all the members for step by step reply and I hope these detailed questions/answers will be helpful for other new members as well.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:23 am

any reply please...........

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 pm

its very strange that no one have had this kind of experience or this kind of situation...
my questions look so big to read but it is always better first to explain the whole situation so that the other person can give proper answer and know the whole situation.
i will appreciate if some Pakistani who had the same situation (even on HSMP) had baby here.
how do you get registered and get passport for the baby?

subedarkugi
Newly Registered

Re: PSW application with new born baby and wife as dependent

Post by subedarkugi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Hi,

You can apply for PSW with your wife as a dependant and you can send your baby passport later and get it stamped but if you send your baby application together with your own application you have to pay 50 pound fee but if you want it to send later then you have to pay full fee so if you are worried that you cant show maintenance fund then you can get your baby's passport stamped later

Wife as dependant
800+533=1333

baby and wife as a dependant

800+533+533= 1866

you need at least these amounts in your bank accounts it doesn't matter how many account together makes it but they all should have balance of that amount for the period of last three months when you apply.

you can get baby passport in 14 days if that will be computerised or if you don't want computerised you can get it on same day but it will be valid for one year. and if your or your wife passport is not computerised then you can get your baby details endorsed on them.

hopefully it works out all your questions.

wish you good luck.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:59 pm

thanks very much for your reply.....
definitely i will be applying for my baby on the same time when i apply for me and my wife and i have this money to show in the bank. and by doing so, i will save a lot of money as well. now the situation is much more clear for me.

if u or someone else please guide a bit more plz:

is it must to apply atleast one month before the expiry of my student visa?

is it must to keep those money in the bank even after we send the application (after we get 3 month bank statement from the bank) for PSW or we can withdraw money? because i am fear that i will need some money to withdraw from my account to get the degree and attach that degree with the application.

Thanks

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:41 pm

First you must maintain your fund in the bank for 3 months before you send in your psw application. In your case, you can apply a week before your student visa expires on 31 May 2010. You should apply in the UK. The fund should be 800+533+533=1866 for 3 months, therefore your bank statements of Feb, March, April or mid May 2010 must show this amount. To understand this, you must have a calendar with you. The last bank statement (either the April or May ones) must not be more than 28 days from the date of your application. E.g if you r going to send your application on the 25 May, the date of your last bank statement must NOT be before 28 April. The amount 1866 must start from at least 28 Jan to 28 Feb (1st month), 28Feb to 28 March(2nd month) 28March to 28 Apr (3rd month).
Then get your qualification letter/certificate and letter from your uni. In Jan/Feb 2010.
Do the passport for the baby when he arrives in March.
Here is the difficult bit – You will have to apply for a student dependant visa for the baby. Otherwise, you will have difficulty to apply the PSW dependant visa for the baby. Refer sec.319H(h) of immigration rules. It is likely that UKBA may refuse the PSW dependant visa for the baby if he doesn’t have the student dependant visa. See URL below :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... igrants/is difficult.

The timing is difficult.Unless you apply the student dependant visa for the baby in person, which is costly but you can get it within a few days. If you apply by post, you will lose time and your student might expire by the time you get it. Therefore, choose to do it in person.
When you have done all those above, you can apply for your PSW in the last week of May 2010 together with your dependants.
My advice is do not withdraw your money from the bank until you get your PSW. You never know what will happen, they can ask for another updated bank statement while it is in process. Hope this helps. Good luck.

kulksnikhil1

Post by kulksnikhil1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:43 pm

saeedusman wrote:thanks very much for your reply.....
definitely i will be applying for my baby on the same time when i apply for me and my wife and i have this money to show in the bank. and by doing so, i will save a lot of money as well. now the situation is much more clear for me.

if u or someone else please guide a bit more plz:

is it must to apply atleast one month before the expiry of my student visa?

is it must to keep those money in the bank even after we send the application (after we get 3 month bank statement from the bank) for PSW or we can withdraw money? because i am fear that i will need some money to withdraw from my account to get the degree and attach that degree with the application.

Thanks

There is no 'atleast' for the time to apply before visa expiry. You can apply any time before your Visa Expires. Even if it is less than month. Some of my friends Visa expires on 31-Jan-2010 and they have applied in last week. it is perfectly alrite.

Regarding maintenance of funds.. technically, the reason HO asks for maintenance funds is to ensure that you have funds to maintain yourself in UK for at least one month, until u find a job. So in that sense... they expect you to use it for maintenance. So Ideally, if you withdraw reasonable amount of money from the bank it should be OK. However, to be on safer side, you might want to maintain the money until you get all your visas.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:10 pm

thanks very much for your detailed reply....... it had made the things more clear for me.

but this new point which u told me about the baby visa before i apply for PSW is a bit complicated. because i never listened about this and i have read that link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

but has not understand anything. don't u think it is not logical that i pay twice to get the same visa like PSW. i will be in trouble if it is like this. u see if someone has baby on exactly the same time........ like in my case if on the end of May...... then offcourse i can't get first dependent visa and then apply for PSW for her as my dependent.

plz i need more guide line for this.

the exact link for those rules is
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... 1migrants/

Children of relevant points-based system migrants
319F. Purpose

thanks

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Read 319H only. This applies to your baby. Read 319H(h) also. For your peace of mind, Go to an immigration adviser for an advice. Ask what this rule means. Tq.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:32 pm

thanks very much.......... i understand what u mean.
i will check it as well in more detail.
and will get back.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

but if you or someone else can tell me some way that i can apply only one time for all of us........... mean i just get the passport of baby and then apply for PSW with two dependents??

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:49 pm

I know it is confusing for you. If it happen that you have your baby end of May, you will then have to apply the psw dependant for the baby separately, which would be after you have your psw. but in your case, your baby arrives in March and you have 2 months on a student visa. How do you explain his stay in the UK for that 2 months? Is he staying here without a visa?
If you already have the fund in your bank now, do you psw as soon as possible. apply for yourself and wife only. Make sure your application is at the UKBA when your baby is due to arrive i.e in March. When this happen, you r safe. When your baby arrive, do his after you got your psw but you have to pay for another fee. tq.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:51 pm

i understand but unfortunately i don't have funds now.
i think that i will start maintaining from 5th of Feb till 5th of May and then order bank statement. so at the minute it is very difficult for me.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:55 pm

another question which arrised now.
now as u said i need to apply for baby visa before that........ mean as early as possible and i don't have 3 months bank statement for that. i mean atleast 800+533. so how i will tackle that?

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:04 pm

There is another option, apply to do his passport a little bit late, which is around May just a few weeks before you send in you psw application. I think that can help. But please get a good advice from a solicitor. Tq

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:11 pm

all right.
thats very important thing i came to know about.......
thanks very much for this information. but how strange it will be if they give both of us, mean me and my wife visa and don't give for baby...... then where baby will go???

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:12 pm

I think by applying his passport late in May might be helpful. In this case, the 319H(h)(ii) is relevant to your baby. Again, find a good advice from a professional adviser. tq.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:15 pm

thanks very much..........

i know im bothering u again and again.........

plz do u know the procedure for passport as well and some fee and processing time. what documents i need for that?

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:24 pm

I have come across students who have babies born here, did the passports but forgot to do visas for the babies. Nothing will happen to your baby. But one day next year, you go to Disneyland in Paris with wife and baby and when you return to UK, the Immigration officer will not allow your baby to enter because he has no visa! That's all what it is. As long as he is in here, they won't come to check and deport him. Don't worry. tq.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:28 pm

definitely i don't want this kind of situation........ i am planning to go in Pakistan on the Eid but before that i must need to solve all these issues.
do u know something about the machine readable passports and how much time they will take with how much fee?

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:30 pm

I'm sorry I don't know the procedure for Pakistani passport. Since you live outside London is again an advantage to do the passport late. Contact you embassy to know the time frame. tq.

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:32 pm

thanks very much for your patience and the kind guideline u have given......
this is a very serious issue and i will check this in detail.
take care and hopefully talk u later.
best regards

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 am

fshhddn wrote:I have come across students who have babies born here, did the passports but forgot to do visas for the babies. Nothing will happen to your baby. But one day next year, you go to Disneyland in Paris with wife and baby and when you return to UK, the Immigration officer will not allow your baby to enter because he has no visa! That's all what it is. As long as he is in here, they won't come to check and deport him. Don't worry. tq.
That is it!
If you child was born here, he/she is legal within the UK and do not need to contact HO. But you need to travel out of UK with intention to return, you will need to apply for your child's Visa.

But if you will not leave UK with your child until he/she is 10 years, then you can wait and get your child a british passport straight away.

Children born here do not need Visa unless they are going out of UK to return back