ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expatriate visa? coming from the same company to another...

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

VerMan
Newly Registered

Expatriate visa? coming from the same company to another...

Post by VerMan » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi, is there something such as an Expatriate Visa or the like?
I mean, if you have a job in company "X" and that company has offices in another country, let's say Spain or Italy. Can your employer get you such a work permit so you can work abroad but with the same company? if so, is it easier the process?

thanks.

morgana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by morgana_uk » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:24 am

Hi,

I don't think there is anything such as an Expatriate Visa.
But, if you work for a company in one country and they have offices in another that the company want you to work/or visit.

The company will issue you with a letter for you to obtain a business or work visa for that country. Some companies will arrange it all for you.

Please also note (depending which country you are travelling from) lots of countries now offer visa's for business at the border, so you don't even need to obtain a visa for this purpose before you arrive, but that will depend on the country you are from and travelling to. You can check the requirements on the embassy website.

I'm not an expert, you might want to wait to see if someone can confirm this. But i'm pretty sure that is basically what happens.