ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW application for the second time

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

potterbond007
Member of Standing

PSW application for the second time

Post by potterbond007 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 am

So this is how the situation is.. I applied for my PSW while in the UK and it was refused ( not enough maintainance funds ( the balance went down from 800 pounds by a day) ). I lost my appeal for the same reason and i have been back in my home country for the last 5 months now.. So I am doing an out of country application now. I have a few questions about my present application..

1) Two visa forms i am using.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 03073/vaf9

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... tstudywork

Hope the forms are right.

2) Nowhere in the form does it ask about my appeal proceedings and stuff. So how do i explain why I stayed on till Sept 1, 2009 when my visa was refused on June 2, 2009. Should i type out a separate letter stating the facts behind the appeal and send it along with the appeal result? I am
keeping a documentation page anyway so maybe i could type details of
my Visa refusal too and maybe send it. I hope that wont be too
inappropriate.

3) On the new PSW visa form, 10 points for english is automatically awarded if 75 points are attained in the attributes section. But in the section where you claim points ( i.e the last page ) it doesn't ask if u claim points for english so the total points that i can claim come upto 85.. Should i just put the total as 95 and write on the side that i have also claimed 10 points for english?

4) When u take a printout of the visa form, the boxes where u write the date already says DD/MM/YYYY and it is quite dark.. I cant write the date over that since nobody can read it.. do i just write it below the boxes.. ?

thanks

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:34 am

1. The 2 forms are the right ones.
2. You should have all the letters/documents regarding the appeal. Write in the application form as “Leave extended by virtue of sec. 3C/3D of 1971 Immigration Act while doing appealâ€

nezinho

Re: PSW application for the second time

Post by nezinho » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:38 am

potterbond007 wrote:So this is how the situation is.. I applied for my PSW while in the UK and it was refused ( not enough maintainance funds ( the balance went down from 800 pounds by a day) ). I lost my appeal for the same reason and i have been back in my home country for the last 5 months now.. So I am doing an out of country application now. I have a few questions about my present application..

2) Nowhere in the form does it ask about my appeal proceedings and stuff. So how do i explain why I stayed on till Sept 1, 2009 when my visa was refused on June 2, 2009. Should i type out a separate letter stating the facts behind the appeal and send it along with the appeal result? I am
inappropriate.

3) On the new PSW visa form, 10 points for english is automatically awarded if 75 points are attained in the attributes section. But in the section where you claim points ( i.e the last page ) it doesn't ask if u claim points for english so the total points that i can claim come upto 85.. Should i just put the total as 95 and write on the side that i have also claimed 10 points for english?

4) When u take a printout of the visa form, the boxes where u write the date already says DD/MM/YYYY and it is quite dark.. I cant write the date over that since nobody can read it.. do i just write it below the boxes.. ?

thanks
As per the adding of points I had the same problem. It only adds up to 85 because there is no english language bit for "points claimed". What I did was write 85 in the total and write next to it "+10 for english language".

Remember: Attributes = 75, English = 10, Maintenance = 10.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:51 pm

potterbond007 wrote:So this is how the situation is.. I applied for my PSW while in the UK and it was refused ( not enough maintainance funds ( the balance went down from 800 pounds by a day) ). I lost my appeal for the same reason and i have been back in my home country for the last 5 months now.. So I am doing an out of country application now. I have a few questions about my present application..

inappropriate.

thanks
Thank you for all the replies..

1) Thank you for confirming that the forms are right.. I will also take a print out of the points calculator result. Nobody told me about that. Thanks you..

2) I am going to explain in detail about the appeal proceedings in the covering letter. I also have all the documents of the appeal so i gtuess i should be fine. But where do i write on the application about the extension in Visa due to appeal proceedings?

3) I am keeping the points based calculator printout and also write on the side of the box +10 for english.

4) Sorry about that.. kind of a stupid question.. :P DD/MM/YYYY appeared dark in the boxes due to darkness set on the printer... lol..

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:56 pm

inappropriate.

thanks
I also have one last question..

On page number 4 of the VAF9 PBS Migrant form, there are 2 questions..

6.3) Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

I am thinking for answering this as yes and give details since my PSW was refused once while i was in the UK.

But there is also the question 6.8) " Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?"

Do i say yes to that too and repeat the refusal details that i did for the earlier question.

Thanks in advance

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:37 pm

somebody please reply quick.. i need to do my PSW application in the next 2 - 3 days

nezinho

Post by nezinho » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:09 pm

potterbond007 wrote:

inappropriate.

thanks

I am thinking for answering this as yes and give details since my PSW was refused once while i was in the UK.

But there is also the question 6.8) " Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?"

Do i say yes to that too and repeat the refusal details that i did for the earlier question.

Thanks in advance
for your first question for part 6.3, the answer is yes. You have to say that you were refused otherwise the case will be treated as a deception case - NOT GOOD.

For your second question, the answer is also yes. Applying for leave to remain means applying from within the UK already for some kind of visa that allows you to REMAIN in the united kingdom. The application you are currently doing from your home country is for ENTRY CLEARANCE. The naming is just a technicality as the two PSW visas have exactly the same function. So YES mention that you applied for leave to remain and repeat the refusal details as per the earlier question.

Also include your visa refusal documentation in your submission.

Just curious: what home country are you applying from???

Nezinho

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:52 am

nezinho wrote:
potterbond007 wrote:

inappropriate.

thanks

Thanks in advance
for your first question for part 6.3, the answer is yes. You have to say that you were refused otherwise the case will be treated as a deception case - NOT GOOD.

For your second question, the answer is also yes. Applying for leave to remain means applying from within the UK already for some kind of visa that allows you to REMAIN in the united kingdom. The application you are currently doing from your home country is for ENTRY CLEARANCE. The naming is just a technicality as the two PSW visas have exactly the same function. So YES mention that you applied for leave to remain and repeat the refusal details as per the earlier question.

Also include your visa refusal documentation in your submission.

Just curious: what home country are you applying from???

Nezinho
Easy answer... India.. :)

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 pm

inappropriate.

thanks
I have another question. On my PSW Visa form, it has been asked for the reference number of my Student Visa. The Student Visa is a sticker on my passport and there is nothing on there called a reference number.. Is it the VAF no: or there is a number on the top right of the sticker in red starting with 005..

nezinho

Post by nezinho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm

potterbond007 wrote:

inappropriate.

thanks
I have another question. On my PSW Visa form, it has been asked for the reference number of my Student Visa. The Student Visa is a sticker on my passport and there is nothing on there called a reference number.. Is it the VAF no: or there is a number on the top right of the sticker in red starting with 005..
Just mention both. Mention "Reference number: 005..." and then right underneath mention "VAF number: ...." This way you can't get into trouble for making mistakes in your form.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:28 pm

nezinho wrote:
potterbond007 wrote:

inappropriate.

thanks
Just mention both. Mention "Reference number: 005..." and then right underneath mention "VAF number: ...." This way you can't get into trouble for making mistakes in your form.
Yup, i could do that... so to quote you correctly, put the red numbering on the top right corner as the reference number and then put the VAF No: too.. Thanks..