ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit cover sheet?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MissJenn
Newly Registered

EEA Family permit cover sheet?

Post by MissJenn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:27 am

Is this necessary when applying?

Trying to get any ideas on organizing my application! Any advice? Thx

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:50 am

What do you mean by "EEA FP Cover Sheet"?

MissJenn
Newly Registered

Post by MissJenn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Rozen wrote:What do you mean by "EEA FP Cover Sheet"?
I know when applying for a regular UK visa, some attach a cover sheet/letter, explaining the nature of the relationship and the goals expected to be achieved once settled in the UK. Since I'm going for the EEA FP, I'm not sure if this applies.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Yes, ask your husband to write a letter detailling your particular situation. Can never hurt anyway. Actually we had a case here recently which was initially denied but finally got accepted after including a cover letter.

MissJenn
Newly Registered

Post by MissJenn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:56 am

86ti wrote:Yes, ask your husband to write a letter detailling your particular situation. Can never hurt anyway. Actually we had a case here recently which was initially denied but finally got accepted after including a cover letter.
Is there a certain way to prompt this? I talked to my husband and he wanted to know if it would be better if we both supplied our own letters?! Handwriting or typed? Sorry for so many questions, trying my best to do this on my own :roll: Thanks for your advice!

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 am

MissJenn wrote:
86ti wrote:Yes, ask your husband to write a letter detailling your particular situation. Can never hurt anyway. Actually we had a case here recently which was initially denied but finally got accepted after including a cover letter.
Is there a certain way to prompt this? I talked to my husband and he wanted to know if it would be better if we both supplied our own letters?! Handwriting or typed? Sorry for so many questions, trying my best to do this on my own :roll: Thanks for your advice!
I do not think that there is a certain prescribed form. Just make it the way that you find most useful.

I do not quite see why you want to write two letters. The important bit is that you will join your husband and your immigration status will depend on him. So he will be the one to show that these conditions are met, i.e. that he is currently working in the UK and wishes his wife to live with him.