ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Extension Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ambreen

HSMP Extension Tier 1

Post by Ambreen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi, Can someone confirm if holiday pay can be considered in earnings

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Not sure what you mean by holiday pay. If you could define holiday pay as it applies to your employment terms & conditions, then perhaps it will then be easier for others to confirm one way or the other.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Tier 1 Policy Guidance wrote:121. Earnings may include, among other things:
• salaries (includes full-time, part-time, and bonuses);
• earnings from self-employment;
• earnings from business activities;
• statutory maternity pay and contractual
• maternity pay;
• allowances (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that form part of an applicant’s remuneration package;
• dividends paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or where the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, where this forms part of the applicant’s business; and
• payment in lieu of notice (a payment made instead of requiring an employee to work the normal period of notice when leaving a job).

122. Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
• expenses (such as accommodation, schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• dividends, unless paid by a company in which the applicant is active in the day-to-day management, or unless the applicant receives the dividend as part or all of his/her remuneration package;
• income from property rental, unless this forms part of the applicant’s business;
• interest on savings and investments;
• funds that were inheritedpaid to the applicant as a pension;
• expenses where the payment reimburses the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;
• redundancy payment;
• sponsorship for periods of study;
• state benefits; or
• prize money or competition winnings, other than where they are directly related to the applicant’s main profession or occupation.

Allowances
123. We will only include allowances (such as those for accommodation or schooling for an applicant’s children) in the assessment of an applicant’s previous earnings if they are part of an applicant’s remuneration package and are not paid to reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent.

124. We will only accept allowances as earnings if they are declared in the applicant’s payslips and there is a contractual obligation on the employer’s part to make these payments.
Last edited by geriatrix on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambreen

Post by Ambreen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:16 pm

I didnt took holiday for the year 2009, as no arrangements were made for back-up i asked my employer and he agreed to pay me for my holidays and on my payslip its says holiday pay in the month of september alongwith my original pay for that month
Can you please advice

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:19 pm

As long as it is mentioned in the payslip and as long as you can provide a 2nd (separate) evidence that corroborates the same (salary credit), I believe it should be Okay.

regards

Ambreen

Post by Ambreen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much for prompt reply, i read one of the topic on this forum where it says that HO will not consider holiday pay
I have that credit on payslip as well as in banking and both match

Can you please confirm or other senior members can also confirm to have peace of mind

Ambreen

Post by Ambreen » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Senior Members !
Please need ur advice re holiday pay

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:39 pm

as sushdmehta replied, as long as its there in your pay slip(you pay tax if applicable) and can second it with bank statement, it is a valid income source and you can include it to calculate your points.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Did you notice that the post before yours was made in Jan 2010?
I am sure he knows by now!! :D
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:46 pm

ah, my bad.... i came to this page while searching for "earnings from business activities;" in google :)