ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise on applying for N.I number

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jko
Newly Registered

Advise on applying for N.I number

Post by jko » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:38 pm

My sister in-law is here on a student visa. Can anyone advise on how she can apply for a national insurance number, because I want her to work parttime for her pocket money. Majority of employers request for N.I number in their applications, and if you have never worked in the U.K before as a foreigner, how do you get an N.I number.

fshhddn

Post by fshhddn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:35 pm

Applying for NI can be a bit daunting. First go to the jobcentre plus and register yourself. then start applying for jobs even if you know you won't get them. Keep all the unsucessful letters you received from the employers. When you have about 4-5 rejected letters, go to the jobcentre again and tell them you want to apply for NI and you show them the proof that you r actively looking for work. Then the jobcentre will make arrangement for you to attend an appointment to apply for NI. Go to the Jobcentreplus website for more infor. Tq.