ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nasrat
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent

Post by Nasrat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Hello, I am currently living in Uk from past 10 months and I have got a Tier 1 (general) visa stamped recently. I have shown for my self 800 pounds of fund maintainence for this. Now I wish to apply a Tier 1 dependant visa for my spouse who is in India, I am aware that I need to maintatin 1600 pounds of fund maintainence for my spouse application.
What makes me confusing is how much of funds should I show totally.
Is it

1) 800 + 1600 - as I am in UK for less than 12 months and spouse outside UK
2) 2800 + 1600 - as the application is made outside UK

You help will be appreciated.
Thanks a million...

Kind Regards...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:44 pm

Nasrat wrote:Hello, I am currently living in Uk from past 10 months and I have got a Tier 1 (general) visa stamped recently. I have shown for my self 800 pounds of fund maintainence for this. Now I wish to apply a Tier 1 dependant visa for my spouse who is in India, I am aware that I need to maintatin 1600 pounds of fund maintainence for my spouse application.
Is it

Thanks a million...

Kind Regards...
Please go through Page 9 of HO Dependents Guidance Paragraph 42 which gives an example..
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application
at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for
his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).

Nasrat
Newly Registered

Post by Nasrat » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Thanks a lot for your kind reply..

So it is enough if I show 800 + 1600 right...
I have got this confusion as I am doing a seperate application for dependent.

Thanks in advance...

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Nasrat wrote:Thanks a lot for your kind reply..

So it is enough if I show 800 + 1600 right...
I have got this confusion as I am doing a seperate application for dependent.

Thanks in advance...
it should be fine.. best of luck..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
Nasrat wrote:Hello, I am currently living in Uk from past 10 months and I have got a Tier 1 (general) visa stamped recently. I have shown for my self 800 pounds of fund maintainence for this. Now I wish to apply a Tier 1 dependant visa for my spouse who is in India, I am aware that I need to maintatin 1600 pounds of fund maintainence for my spouse application.
Is it

Thanks a million...

Kind Regards...
Please go through Page 9 of HO Dependents Guidance Paragraph 42 which gives an example..
42. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application
at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for
his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).
Hi,
I guess you need to show maintenance of funds for wife only i.e.1600, but its safe to show 800+1600.
Sreblog

vks

Post by vks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:31 pm

sreblog wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
Is it

Thanks a million...

Kind Regards...
+ £800).
Hi,
I guess you need to show maintenance of funds for wife only i.e.1600, but its safe to show 800+1600.
Sreblog

No guessing! Read the red phrase!
Regards,
vks

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:10 pm

vks wrote:
sreblog wrote:
tvn_ramesh wrote:
Is it

Thanks a million...

Kind Regards...
+ £800).
Hi,
Sreblog

No guessing! Read the red phrase!
Can you see the bold marking VKS? this case example is shown for where (main applicant + depentdent) are applying together .I had applied for dependent by showing only dependent funds and we got it. I was on the same confusion, but only difference was I am +12 months at the time of application for dependent.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 am

sreblog wrote:Can you see the bold marking VKS? this case example is shown for where (main applicant + depentdent) are applying together .I had applied for dependent by showing only dependent funds and we got it. I was on the same confusion, but only difference was I am +12 months at the time of application for dependent.
You need to read the HO Dependents GUIDANCE again mate..

when in doubt, pls read this again carefully..
40. Family member of a Tier 1 Migrant:
If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:52 am

Can you see the bold marking VKS? this case example is shown for where (main applicant + depentdent) are applying together .I had applied for dependent by showing only dependent funds and we got it. I was on the same confusion, but only difference was I am +12 months at the time of application for dependent.

It does not mean that the past approval is a baseline for future applicants! If you are unlucky and the case worker gets it as a point, then it will be sorry state!

So it is better interpret in a way that does not harm you later!
Regards,
vks