ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insufficient funds for dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PerfectKamola
Newly Registered

Insufficient funds for dependants

Post by PerfectKamola » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi All,

Need your urgent advice please.

I am switching from 5 year work permit to Tier 1. I have my dependants - my wife and 11 month old daughter, born in the UK. according to the HO website, I have to submit last three bank staements where it will be shown that I have had 1866 pounds untouched (800 for me and 2 x 533 for my two dependants (I have been in the UK for over 12 month)). Basicly, my first October statement had a period when it dropped to 1400 pounds. The start balance and end balance was okay. it is in the middle of the month I had couple of transactions where for few days the amount went below the required 1866.

Now the question, should I risk it and submit all my documents together with my dependants? Or should I just apply for myself and deal with dependants later?

My dependats are in the UK as well and they are on work permit dependant visa. Is it legal for me - for main applicant to apply for Tier 1 visa first, and once it's approved to apply for my dependants?

Thanks in advance.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Insufficient funds for dependants

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

You can either apply alone now n apply for dependents once you get the visa bit maintain funds for all

OR

Wait till u have enough maintenance funds for all and then apply..

DO NOT take risk of rejection n loosing fees knowingly that the funds are not enough

You can also check if you have any other accounts in or oit of UK to fill those gaps of down days in funds..

you can show more than 1account in ur name..

even ur dependent can show her own funds..

check these options..

vks

Post by vks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:25 pm

PerfectKamola wrote:Hi All,

Need your urgent advice please.

I am switching from 5 year work permit to Tier 1. I have my dependants - my wife and 11 month old daughter, born in the UK. according to the HO website, I have to submit last three bank staements where it will be shown that I have had 1866 pounds untouched (800 for me and 2 x 533 for my two dependants (I have been in the UK for over 12 month)). Basicly, my first October statement had a period when it dropped to 1400 pounds. The start balance and end balance was okay. it is in the middle of the month I had couple of transactions where for few days the amount went below the required 1866.

Now the question, should I risk it and submit all my documents together with my dependants? No! Your application will be rejected! Or should I just apply for myself and deal with dependants later?

If your dependants are with you now and your status changes, their Visa will be invalid. If you can wait for few weeks before you qualify for the maintenance fund is advisable or the other option is to send your dependants home and deal with your application immediately(if you are in un-avoidable situation!)

My dependats are in the UK as well and they are on work permit dependant visa. Is it legal for me - for main applicant to apply for Tier 1 visa first, and once it's approved to apply for my dependants?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
vks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:37 am

vks wrote: If your dependants are with you now and your status changes, their Visa will be invalid.
vks, in the above case i think the dependents will have a grace period (28days or soo) within which they need to change their status as main applicant?? i dont have that link handy but heard of it for sure..