ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW TO TIER1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahil22us
Newly Registered

PSW TO TIER1

Post by rahil22us » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:25 am

Please help
Currently I am on Tier1 (Psw) which I got it on Pg diploma in July2008.
My visa runs out in July2010.
I have enrolled for a top up to master’s course and will get the masters degree by may2010. Then I can apply for Tier1 general in June 2010
My concern: Will HOME OFFICE accept my degree as I have done my course when I am on PSW visa.
Is there any restriction while studying on Psw visa with respect to tier1 visa?

Another query
Currently I am on Tier1 (Psw) which I got it on Pg diploma in July2008.
My visa runs out in July2010.
Suppose in April2010 if I apply for Tier4 full time student and then after completion of my course (i.e. in April 2011) apply for Tier1 general. Will they consider my earning for the period 01st April 2009 to 31st March 2010. As after 31st march 2010, I will be full time student and won’t be able to achieve the required earning points as I am allowed to work only 20 hours on student visa. As the policy guidance says about maternity leave but nothing about study with respect to tier1 general. In simple can I submit previous year income i.e. the income earned before switching to student visa.

Please help

PSW TO TIER1

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:28 pm

1. Ascertain from UKBA if (or not) you'll be breaching the UK immigration laws by pursuing a full-time masters course on Tier 1 (PSW) visa. Or if you need to change to Tier 4 (Student) category to study in the UK.
2. Read Tier 1 (G) policy guidance to undertsand the Tier 1 requirements.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

email257525
BANNED

HI

Post by email257525 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:04 pm

I know one person, who is on Psw, but to study he contacted HO and they sent him reply on email confirming that you can study,,, then he was accepted in a university otherwise uni were saying you have to have student visa to study the full time course,,,

add_mah

HI

Post by add_mah » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Rahil,

Can you please tell me that which college or univ have you enrolled in for your MBA top up, as I am in the same position, has got PGDBM and on PSW visa at the moment and looking to get my masters degree through MBA Top Up, I will be greatful if you can reply either on my email address add_mah@yahoo.co.in or through PM.

Waiting for your reply eagerly.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm

Also make sure that the degree you intend to attain is listed in the PBS calculator.

regards