ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refused due COS(job title) but with correct job code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueberries
Newly Registered

visa refused due COS(job title) but with correct job code

Post by blueberries » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 pm

i applied for a tier 2 visa in november but was refused i filed for an administrative review
last november 25, because as per my employer they just choose or select the job code they are giving prospective employees and job titles would automatically be indicated on the COS

the code was 6115
and job title on COS was senior carer

please help i was suppose to be there last Nov. 23 do you think it'll be approved any time soon

ash786
BANNED

Re: visa refused due COS(job title) but with correct job cod

Post by ash786 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:08 pm

blueberries wrote:i applied for a tier 2 visa in november but was refused i filed for an administrative review
last november 25, because as per my employer they just choose or select the job code they are giving prospective employees and job titles would automatically be indicated on the COS

the code was 6115

please help i was suppose to be there last Nov. 23 do you think it'll be approved any time soon
1. Well if the job code did not match with the UKBA list then its u employer fault.
2. Wat is the exact wording for refusal from Embassy.

KCC
Newly Registered

Re: visa refused due COS(job title) but with correct job cod

Post by KCC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:54 am

blueberries wrote:i applied for a tier 2 visa in november but was refused i filed for an administrative review

the code was 6115

Blueberries,

Mind telling when exactly u submitted your application and how long did it takes to know the news?
i think most ppl wait 6-8weeks for to get their visa.

Thanks for sharing.

blueberries
Newly Registered

Post by blueberries » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:05 pm

the refusal was stated this way:

you have claimed 50 points for your COS as you state the position senior carer is on the shortage occupation list. however checks show that the position senior carer is not listed as shortage occupation

but when i checked it was there

thanks

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:55 pm

blueberries wrote:the refusal was stated this way:

you have claimed 50 points for your COS as you state the position senior carer is on the shortage occupation list. however checks show that the position senior carer is not listed as shortage occupation

but when i checked it was there

thanks
1. The problem is that HO has recently chnaged the list for shortage.
2. The problem is that we can not do much about it a sits the law.
3. U shud check with u employer.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:27 pm

blueberries,
where are you applying from? is the employer a nursing home? the job title should be 'skilled senior carer'

blueberries
Newly Registered

Post by blueberries » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:55 am

yes im supposed to work in a nursing home

as per my employer there is no choice for skilled senior carer just senior carer

i filed for admiistrative review last november25

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:49 am

if the employer is willing to give £7.80/hr as wages , why can he add skilled in the job title. you are likely to get a refused again. the case worker goes along with the guidlines only.

blueberries
Newly Registered

Post by blueberries » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:02 pm

but as per my employers explanation there is no "skilled senior carer" from the choices on the computer they actually sent a letter explaining that. and they also revised my offer letter and have indicated that my position is under skilled snior carer

:(

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm

You are correct, there seems to be no code for senior carer. If there is no exact match then UKBA guidance is "use the nearest one", and that seems to be what your employers have done.

This comes down to UKBA's misguided use of an existing SOC occupation database which is inflexible.

I would say that if UKBA don't offer a code for senior carer then how on earth can anyone claim you or your employer has made a mistake?

Skilled senior care workers earning over 7.80 per hour ARE still on the shortage occupation list. The visa officer seems to have made a mistake. Complain to the Entry Clearance Manager at that post. I don't believe the job title has to be "skilled senior carer" - I don't see that. It's like saying "you're not a brain surgeon, you're a skilled brain surgeon". If you are a senior carer and you are skilled then you meet the criteria.

blueberries
Newly Registered

Post by blueberries » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:13 am

i actually have submitted for and administrative review las november 25 and as per guidelines the decision will be mailed to me within 28 days upon their receipt however until now i still havent received any mail with regards to the administrative review request that i filed :cry:

thank you for the information that was given .

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm

any news?

blueberries
Newly Registered

Post by blueberries » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:27 pm

still havent received any news from the embassy, what should i do?

HELP

Thankyou

mjcr28
Mood:
India

Post by mjcr28 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 am

hey blueberries any news update on ur admin review and which country have you applied it from??????????????

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:44 am

the jobtitle should be skilled senior carer as per the code 6115 and that has been removed from the shortage occupation from 6th april onwards.

if you read the relevant code of practice it clearly says skilled senior carer