ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply in person but documents will post back by next 2 weeks

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

patt

Apply in person but documents will post back by next 2 weeks

Post by patt » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi all,

Thank you for all your help in this Forum. I just backed from Solihull for apply in person (extension under Tier1).

But I havent got my documents back with me today because officer told me that she will post everything back to me by Special Delivery within next 2 weeks. (Does everyone know, if I am not at home at the time special delivery arrive, what will happen with my document?)

It quite strange beacuse everyone in this forum got everything back within the day they applied.

Anyway, I would suggest everyone who going to extend their visa as following:
1. Please bring your degree certificate along with you eventhough we already submitted with initial HSMP visa.
2. Please highlight / post it on your bank statement (salary pay in). my case officer said thank you me for that (make she work easier)

PS. I hope I can get my document back within 2 weeks.

hsmpaspirant2008

Re: Apply in person but documents will post back by next 2 w

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:25 am

That is really strange, it has been mentioned earlier in these forums that when the system in PEO were not functioning correctly PEO has informed the applicants that the documents with visa posted back to them and PEO has posted them back in 4-6 working days.

Not sure, what is the actual case with Birmingham PEO, please update us on your progress.

Thanks.
patt wrote:Hi all,

Thank you for all your help in this Forum. I just backed from Solihull for apply in person (extension under Tier1).

But I havent got my documents back with me today because officer told me that she will post everything back to me by Special Delivery within next 2 weeks. (Does everyone know, if I am not at home at the time special delivery arrive, what will happen with my document?)

It quite strange beacuse everyone in this forum got everything back within the day they applied.

Anyway, I would suggest everyone who going to extend their visa as following:
1. Please bring your degree certificate along with you eventhough we already submitted with initial HSMP visa.
2. Please highlight / post it on your bank statement (salary pay in). my case officer said thank you me for that (make she work easier)

PS. I hope I can get my document back within 2 weeks.

patt

Post by patt » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Thank hsmpaspirant2008,

I will update my progress anyway but I'm a bit worry beacuse If I'm not home when my Special Delivery arrive. What will happen to my documents?

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:55 pm

Do not worry, Post office will hold all special deliveries when it cannot be delivered to addressed person, will leave a notice in your home if you are not available when the delivery happens, you can go to the post office and present the notice with any id (you might not need the notice also) and collect your package.

Now that the post office is done with all the christmas shipping there will be far less confusion on delivery and the package will be much safer.

You can also check with your post office in person for any deliveries for you, incase the notice is not present in a few days time.

Rest your worries and keep us updated.

Thanks.
patt wrote:Thank hsmpaspirant2008,

I will update my progress anyway but I'm a bit worry beacuse If I'm not home when my Special Delivery arrive. What will happen to my documents?

superfox
Newly Registered

Post by superfox » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:19 pm

I was told my documents would be sent back in a weeks time. I called them after a week and they still had not posted it. Asked them if I could come and collect in person as my wife needed to travel. They agreed. I went back to Solihull and collected it.

patt

Post by patt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm

Thank you Superfox,

I'm happy to hear that we can go back and collect it. If I do that whether it effect to my visa? I think I will call them up by next week as I just applied on last friday.

By the way, when did u apply for that? Did they give you any reasons that they cant give your documents back within that day? (For me they dont tell anything , just told me that my documents will post back to me by next 2 weeks.

Now.. it's been 3 days that I am waiting for. I'm a bit worry , cant sleep

gansenbonou1
Newly Registered

Post by gansenbonou1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Not sure if you got my reply.

"Hi Patt,
Same here. I was told the decision was made and the document will be posted back to me due to short of staffs. I think that's the case to everyone on that day. I told him i have to travel in two weeks. So he said he would post my document back by the end of this week using special delivery."

I dont think you need to worry too much. I will let you know if i get mine back by the end of this week.

patt

Post by patt » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:18 pm

hi gansenbonou1,

Thank for your reply. Oh!! because of short staff at solihull!

I do hope I will get it within 2 weeks as I need to submit my visa to my employer.

Same here, I will update if I got mine back. (lots of hopeeee)

gansenbonou1
Newly Registered

Post by gansenbonou1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:43 am

Patt,
I've got my document back today. They tried to delivery yesterday when I wasnt home and left a note. I went to collect it today. Good luck to you.

patt

Post by patt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi gansenbonou1,

Congratulation! I'm still waiting, yesterday nothing in my post box (just only normal bill).

Do you think can I go to post office near me and ask about my delivery without the note?

gansenbonou1
Newly Registered

Post by gansenbonou1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:20 pm

I think yours will be posted back later as you didnt say you need them back urgently. So they will process yours in two weeks. That's what you were told anyway,right?

patt

Post by patt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:36 pm

Hi gansenbonou1,

Yes, I didnt told them that I need it urgently. Did you told them?
On that they I got appoinment in the morning and seem not too busy at all. May be becuse of snow made they short of staffs.

PS I'm too worry, I'm try to clam down

gansenbonou1
Newly Registered

Post by gansenbonou1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:54 pm

Yeah.i need to travel in two weeks. The officer who interviewed me said some staffs didnt make to work because of the snow. It's the same case for my colleague who had appointment today. He also will have his passport posted back in two weeks. So dont worry. You are not alone.

patt

Post by patt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Thank you for your reply. It make me clam down now...

camcan

same on 13 jan at birmingham PEO

Post by camcan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 pm

gansenbonou1 wrote:Patt,
I've got my document back today. They tried to delivery yesterday when I wasnt home and left a note. I went to collect it today. Good luck to you.
Hi i went for appointment today 13 Jan 2010 and it was terrible snow in birmngham. I got there and i was told they are trying to avoid people waiting long as it will snow the whole day. So when i was called to the counter the lady check every thing and said you will be given 3 years from the date of expiry but due to back log and weather conditions it will be posted in the next 2 weeks.

I am extremly unhappy as i paid higher fee for premium same day service. Can any one tell me whats the way to get them quicky back now ? The case worker gave me her personal number to give to employer in case they wanted to confirm she said she couldn't even give a normal letter in writing stating documents are with them.... Anyways whats the number to call to establish ones case as urgent..?

patt

Post by patt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Camcan,

U r not alone, I am in the same situation as yours.

I applied last friday in Solihull. I did asked my caseworker about letter to show my employer that I definately got visa for 3 years but my caseworker gave me nothing.

I've been waiting for 3 days but i cant do anything. Only thing that I can do , just pop to this forum and read updated news of people who in the same situation.

Good luck to you

camcan

Post by camcan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:43 pm

patt wrote:Hi Camcan,

U r not alone, I am in the same situation as yours.

I applied last friday in Solihull. I did asked my caseworker about letter to show my employer that I definately got visa for 3 years but my caseworker gave me nothing.

I've been waiting for 3 days but i cant do anything. Only thing that I can do , just pop to this forum and read updated news of people who in the same situation.

Good luck to you

Hi Patt,

Lets see whta happends i still belive that we should right to get the money back for premium service as it wasn't provided..?
Last edited by camcan on Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

camcan

Post by camcan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:22 pm

gansenbonou1 wrote:Yeah.i need to travel in two weeks. The officer who interviewed me said some staffs didnt make to work because of the snow. It's the same case for my colleague who had appointment today. He also will have his passport posted back in two weeks. So dont worry. You are not alone.

can you please tell me did your firend apply today i.e. 13 th jan 2010... ?

gansenbonou1
Newly Registered

Post by gansenbonou1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 am

Yeah. He applied on th 13th.

UK_high
Newly Registered

Post by UK_high » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:00 am

can you please let everybody know when you get your passport back. This will give an idea about the time lines for such cases where a person has not mentioned any urgency

patt

Post by patt » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am

yes, I will updated my case once i get it back. At the moment I'm still waiting (5 days already)

camcan

Post by camcan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:30 am

patt wrote:yes, I will updated my case once i get it back. At the moment I'm still waiting (5 days already)

Hi,

I applied on 13th was told document will be sent back in two weeks. I explained on 14th why i need the passport urgently as i have to travel due to work and is evident in passport it self. They asked me to come and collect. Got the visa and collected documents. I saw that 1 person who was on JR hsmp applying for ILR was getting it stamped the same day. I saw a lot of applications being handed over to Royal mail so fingers crossed all who haven't got there applications back would be getting them back in the next day or two.....

Anyways thanks a lot everyone for your help here.... pat need not to worry its just that they are taking time to stamp the visa not that they are treating your case in a special way... i am quite sure you will get it in the next day or two....

UK_high
Newly Registered

Post by UK_high » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Patt...have you received your passport....i will be completing one week tomorrow and have not received anything.

patt

Post by patt » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi all,

I got my all my doc today . Thank you for everyone in this forum. Thank for all help and replies.

It's time to pay back for all kindness and help from this forum.I will pop round here and answer any enquiry with all my best knowleadge.

Thank you

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:11 pm

patt wrote:Hi all,

I got my all my doc today . Thank you for everyone in this forum. Thank for all help and replies.

It's time to pay back for all kindness and help from this forum.I will pop round here and answer any enquiry with all my best knowleadge.

Thank you

hi guys,

my consultant went yesterday on same day(from HSMP to Tier1), but my case has been held for further enquires. What does it means. It is becuase of back logs or they will call accountant etc for enquires???

( i am self employed).

Thanks

waiting for your reply