ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Has Requested Further Doc After 16mnths .good or bad?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

UKBA Has Requested Further Doc After 16mnths .good or bad?

Post by THEDUDE » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:50 pm

Hello everybody

Just a quick preview of my application and circumstances.

* Came here as a Visitor from South Africa 5 years ago..Badly advised and Overstayed my Visa.
* Applied for over 18 dependent of a person (My mum) present and settled here ILR ..(SET F) September 2008 through a solicitor
* Parents divorced when i was 5 so my mother had full custody of me.
* Involved my local Mp Sep 5 2009 after 1 year for an update on the progress..Very swift response from my MP.
* They wrote back to my MP on 24 September 2009 and they confirmed that my application has been allocated a case owner and the TEAM is Liverpool Charged Casework 10.
* Letter arrived (Jan 15, 2010) from the Home office and they have requested further documents.2 passport sized photos,proof of address,utility bills,Point of entry questionaire that i need to complete and return everything within 28 days...
* Since i am an overstayer my application is to be assessed out the rules..so basically Discreation is to be enforced.
* I have kept a low profile,stayed out of trouble and have no criminal history at all.
* I depend on my mother financially and emotionally because she has been there for me all my life and we are very close. I have browsed through a number of immigration forums and the advice i received was that i had no chance of ever legalising my status and that i should just pack up and go mainly because of the nature of this type of application and its complexity.Especially the compassionate grounds and level of dependency..My question is ,normally is this a good sign that they are about to complete the application?

Thanx for taking time to read my story.
Last edited by THEDUDE on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Looking at the documents that have been requested, it looks as though you just might be in luck :D

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:33 pm

I have been asked for same documents in November after 1 year wait, my solicitor sent then lot and I am still waiting. it was a liverpool team that made the request. they only requested 2 photos unattached.

good luck and let us know if you hear anything

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:23 pm

batleykhan wrote:Looking at the documents that have been requested, it looks as though you just might be in luck :D
I am so nervous and i cant sleep at all,its been hell and i hope its about to reach a conclusion.. :(

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:26 pm

zebra3 wrote:I have been asked for same documents in November after 1 year wait, my solicitor sent then lot and I am still waiting. it was a liverpool team that made the request. they only requested 2 photos unattached.

good luck and let us know if you hear anything
I will keep u posted zebra3...i pray all goes well for both of us...

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 am

thanks for the prayers, I know what you mean when you say you dont sleep, I a in exact the same situation

good luck. will email you i I hear anything on my side

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Post by THEDUDE » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:58 pm

zebra3 wrote:thanks for the prayers, I know what you mean when you say you dont sleep, I a in exact the same situation

good luck. will email you i I hear anything on my side
Correction.its 2 unattached photos too.

THEDUDE
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA Has Requested Further Doc After 16mnths .good or ba

Post by THEDUDE » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 pm

THEDUDE wrote:Hello everybody

* Came here as a Visitor from South Africa 5 years ago..Badly advised and Overstayed my Visa.
* Applied for over 18 dependent of a person (My mum) present and settled here ILR ..(SET F) September 2008 through a solicitor
* Involved my local Mp Sep 5 2009 after 1 year for an update on the progress..Very swift response from my MP.
* They wrote back to my MP on 24 September 2009 and they confirmed that my application has been allocated a case owner and the TEAM is Liverpool Charged Casework 10.
* Letter arrived (Jan 15, 2010) from the Home office and they have requested further documents.2 passport sized photos,proof of address,utility bills,Point of entry questionaire that i need to complete and return everything within 28 days...
* Since i am an overstayer my application is to be assessed out the rules..so basically Discreation is to be enforced.
* I have kept a low profile,stayed out of trouble and have no criminal history at all.
* I depend on my mother financially and emotionally because she has been there for me all my life and we are very close. I have browsed through a number of immigration forums and the advice i received was that i had no chance of ever legalising my status and that i should just pack up and go mainly because of the nature of this type of application and its complexity.Especially the compassionate grounds and level of dependency..My question is ,normally is this a good sign that they are about to complete the application?

Thanx for taking time to read my story.

I just had a serious row with my lawyer..I had gathered all my docs ready to submit them,then out of the blue he says to me that i need my KOL certificate..That was fine but the problem i had with him was that why now,he should have told me 16 months ago when i submited my application to include the certificate.Problem is the only photographic id i have (passport) is with home office..All the KOL test centers refuse to let me take the exam without photo id.I have certified copies..but still no use..Correct me if i am wrong but i thought SET F Form applicants were excempt from taking the test,but could take it later for citizenship?My lawyer is making it seem as if i have no hope without the KOL test..the way things are going i we might part ways and i will seek representation from elsewhere.i am so stressed and also angry that i am in this mess.To make matters worse he suggests that we write to home office and also post back the recent docs they wanted explaining why i do not have the KOL certficate and also if its possible to request passport for KOL exam and send it back to them,is this even possible,wont they just cancel my application and tell me to reapply again?

regards

groispois
Newly Registered

Post by groispois » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

My friend applied for her Ilr under the 14 years rule in May 2008.She received a letter at the end of november 2009 from the Home Office Liverpool asking her 2 recent passport photo and proof of P60 or payslip if she was working and they sent her a method of entry questionaire to fill.She had 14 days to reply back to the Homeoffice which she did within a week.Before that in mid october 2009 she was told in writing that Liverpool case worker has a deadline to clear all cases by march 2010 and that this is the latest date she should receive a decision on her case.Can anyone please let me know or have any idea to when she might receive a decision or if anyone received a decision under the rule.Just need to know how long she might need to wait for.Thank you in advance.

immigration worries
Newly Registered

Re: UKBA Has Requested Further Doc After 16mnths .good or ba

Post by immigration worries » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:00 pm

im in the same boat aswell as you my friend they requested for kids birth certificates & passport sized photos for myself & the kids along with my fiancee's documentation today itself i got the docuents back but none of my documentation was there except my council tax bill & P60, it is a bit worrying especially when u dont know wat goin on. lets not full ourselves noone knws why they are requesting that sorting of information, i cant sleep im always thinking my door is about to get kicked in at anytime. Spoke to an immigration solicitor & they reckon getting deported will b quite challenging but come guys briefs always tell what you wanna hear, i jus hope for the best. will let you knw how i get on

Thanx for taking time to read my story.[/quote]

I just had a serious row with my lawyer..I had gathered all my docs ready to submit them,then out of the blue he says to me that i need my KOL certificate..That was fine but the problem i had with him was that why now,he should have told me 16 months ago when i submited my application to include the certificate.Problem is the only photographic id i have (passport) is with home office..All the KOL test centers refuse to let me take the exam without photo id.I have certified copies..but still no use..Correct me if i am wrong but i thought SET F Form applicants were excempt from taking the test,but could take it later for citizenship?My lawyer is making it seem as if i have no hope without the KOL test..the way things are going i we might part ways and i will seek representation from elsewhere.i am so stressed and also angry that i am in this mess.To make matters worse he suggests that we write to home office and also post back the recent docs they wanted explaining why i do not have the KOL certficate and also if its possible to request passport for KOL exam and send it back to them,is this even possible,wont they just cancel my application and tell me to reapply again?

regards[/quote]