ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

love4share
Newly Registered

Post by love4share » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:25 pm

deffinetly college offered the course, it was on their website
we have the course outline printout

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:25 pm

love4share wrote:deffinetly college offered the course, it was on their website
we have the course outline printout
Yes courst was on prospectus and brochures and on website as well. I have bits to prove this.
But college is shut,I dont know how ur friend managed to get that lettter from college.
Onthe other hand we already have all those letters and home office has refused to accept their legitimacy so i dont think another letter even we get from collge is gonna make any difference. It is just another college letter. hope u understand.

rajamahmood85

Re: my friend got back up from LCPS

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:34 pm

love4share wrote:Hi raja
one of my friend got rejection for PSW from LCPS
then he contacted the college and they issued him the letter saying that they offered pgd and he was studying there
so what i suggest you that contact your college and get back up
LCPS has 3 branches 1 Luton 2 Degenham 3 London
London branch was open sometime in 2009 for a while and they did so many dodgy things thatsy why home office closed that branch
you need to prove from which branch you have done pgd

all the best

Thanks Love4share,

I studied at LCPS Luton campus and the stamps I have on my LCPS all letters and certificates are clrealy showing Luton College Capmus.
Luton,London both brances are confirmed shut. i dont have any hope to get any further evidence from college but Home Office will have to believe this.

rajamahmood85 wrote:
inwarsaw wrote:Raja

You don't need to loose your temper if someone has a different opinion or view :)
It doesn't help. Oilly or anyone else who doesn't agree with you, only give their opinion which doesn't have to be the same as yours. None of the guys here is an immigration officer or something.

Thats the whole idea of a forum :wink:
inwarsaw,oily,,,
I did not mean to upset anyone. As u agree that everyone has freedom of saying and we all are here to help each other.
Im sure if anyone's opinion or ideas or information is proved wrong,irrelevant,untrue,he should not mind or feel underestimated or discouraged rather they should take it useful and constructive.Moreover there is no win or lose game.
After all this explanation, if still my comments have caused anyone any sort of problem, I do apologize.
Thanks Love4share,

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:37 pm

oilly wrote:Inwarsaw
It's ok if Raja doesn't want to remove himself from the fraud list. I have already done my best to help but it seems like he prefer to protect his college rather than protect himself and that is none of my business.

Also if he believe that his certificate of award is genuine without listening to anyone, still none of my business.
Oill,
I aleady apologized. Once again sorry dear. Forget it if I was wrong in anyone.
Come forward and cheer up.
I always appreciated ur help and will do in future as well.
Thanks

rajamahmood85

LCPS update

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Anynews from LCPS ???

vikram01
Newly Registered

Post by vikram01 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm

hello friend...
This is vikram...

If any one from lcps need help or want to share thoughts
then e-mail me on vikram.adlakha@googlemail.com
you can leave your mobile so that can be helpful to you.
Don't worry... I have some proof which may be helpful to
all of you.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:11 am

vikram01 wrote:hello friend...
This is vikram...

If any one from lcps need help or want to share thoughts
then e-mail me on vikram.adlakha@googlemail.com
you can leave your mobile so that can be helpful to you.
Don't worry... I have some proof which may be helpful to
all of you.
LCPS was raided by the Police & Border Agency staff and during the raid members of staff at the college admitted that the college was bogus and have never offered any legitimate/accredited course. The college operated in the same fashion as Cambridge College of Learning (CCL) where it employed a few individuals of different nationalities i.e. Indian/African/Pakistani who were commonly referred to as 'Agents' to sell bogus admission letters & Postgraduate Diplomas to gullible individuals.

All these so called 'victims' knew exactly what they were getting themselves into at the time they purchase these bogus qualifications but many were willing take the risk associated to obtain a 2 year PSW. Now that they are caught out in the scam, they are trying to prove themselves as 'Genuine Students' to avoid being banned for 10 years.

The Home Office gained sufficient proof that LCPS was a bogus college after documents were uncovered during the Univisas investigation and also confessions of the many bogus returning students caught at the major airports.

My advise to these so called 'Genuine Students' is to stop fooling yourself and everyone else on this forum and start packing because there is not the slightest chance you will win your appeal.

Good Luck!

Sidney Reilly

Re: LCPS update

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:40 am

rajamahmood85 wrote:Anynews from LCPS ???
See my recent post on this page.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:48 am

Frontiar Mole wrote:
Frontier Mole,
I really appreciate ur kind emotions and useful advice.
could u do us 1 more huge favour ? could u plz put the source where u got all this information?

Otherwise it seems to me someone just woke up and issued a statement on behalf of UKBA and Home office on voluntarily basis as they are too busy to publish such information about LCPS.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:52 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
Frontiar Mole wrote:
Frontier Mole,
could u do us 1 more huge favour ? could u plz put the source where u got all this information?

Otherwise it seems to me someone just woke up and issued a statement on behalf of UKBA and Home office on voluntarily basis as they are too busy to publish such information about LCPS.
It is just a matter of time before everything is publicised. The HO is currently still clearing the backlog of applications by refusing everyone who applied using documents from LCPS.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:13 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:
oilly wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
oilly wrote:Raja,
I can't really help you to get psw as i do not work in HO and I am only a graduate student.
But all i can help is clearing your name from the deception list as I have seen my friends' cases before.

if i were you, i would try to find out if my college was bogus or not. if it was, then play a victim role, not a suspect role. I have tried to search for LCPS detail and i feel like it is bogus in my opinion ( maybe i was wrong).
you can call 0845 04 05 06 to find out your college status and get some advice
Oily, First of all thanks again for ur help.
The above number which is 0845 04 05 06 if i am not wrong.
Dial this number and then put any comment, ok.
I have tried this number this number is wrong.

Secondly College is stil on listed bodies and its all previous students has been awarded PSW on same qualifications.
I phoned home office they have no doubt with college being real,lawful.Our PSW are refused becaz home office accused us of fake degree and deception.
Wtih college Home Office has no problem,I phoned and it was confirmed by one of Home Office advisor.
yes Raja,
I have told you that the listed bodies do not have right to award degree, it must be under the recognised body.

for example,
even if you were graduate from Kings college, which is under Cambridge Uni, Kings college can't award you degree, it must be Cambridge uni who award you.

another of my friends' case

my friend studied in wales college of medicine which is a listed body and her award certificate said it was awarded by Cardiff University which is a recognised body

Same as in your case,
From the website, LCPS claimed that the degree they provide is awarded by Uni of Sunderland therefore the degree awarded by this college is deception.
that's why I said you should do something with this college as you are one of the victims. Even the college is real but they provide deception certificate. hope you got what i mean
This is from UKBA website to clarify u that LCPS has authority to issue PG Diplomas being a listed body.
Paras 45-81 deal with Attributes in more detail. Paras 44-53 explain how 20 points is to be awarded if an applicant has certain types of qualification. At para 50 the Guidance states that:

"United Kingdom postgraduate certificates or diplomas are acceptable for this requirement. It is not necessary for the awarding body to be a United Kingdom recognized body."
(As already noted, since March 2009 postgraduate certificates or diplomas are no longer acceptable: see HC 314. But they were at the time of the decisions)

Do try to learn dictionary meaning of Diploma and Degree as LCPS has never awarded any degree.

Now I am sure u know what i mean.
It was uncovered that LCPS was just a Diploma mill. Their awarding powers have been revoked and all certificates/diplomas previously issued will be treated as bogus. Your refusal letter should explain this very clearly.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:25 pm

It was uncovered that LCPS was just a Diploma mill. Their awarding powers have been revoked and all certificates/diplomas previously issued will be treated as bogus. Your refusal letter should explain this very clearly.[/quote]

Frontier Mole,
My refusal letter does not agree at all with ur above statement. It does say LCPS has never offered or issued any legitimate PG diploma which is totally a different thing.
I will still request you to come up with source of ur information. If u believe above information is true then u must have any thing to prove it true.
I will also emphasize to not put any baseless or self created statements.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Frontiar Mole wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:
Frontiar Mole wrote:
Frontier Mole,

It is just a matter of time before everything is publicised. The HO is currently still clearing the backlog of applications by refusing everyone who applied using documents from LCPS.

Frontier Mole,
If I am not wrong in interpreting ur above comment, u seem to me Home Secretary or Immigration Officer because as per ur above statement U agree that Home Office has not issued or published any statement abt LCPS yet bcaz they are busy with backlog but they inform u to publish it on this forum on Home Office behalf. Well,if this is a case then I will have to believe u.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:36 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:It was uncovered that LCPS was just a Diploma mill. Their awarding powers have been revoked and all certificates/diplomas previously issued will be treated as bogus. Your refusal letter should explain this very clearly.
Frontier Mole,
My refusal letter does not agree at all with ur above statement. It does say LCPS has never offered or issued any legitimate PG diploma which is totally a different thing.
I will still request you to come up with source of ur information. If u believe above information is true then u must have any thing to prove it true.
I will also emphasize to not put any baseless or self created statements.[/quote]

What does this mean "LCPS has NEVER offered or issued any LEGITIMATE PG diploma"

Not Legit = Bogus

I am really shocked that a graduate could not comprehend such a simple statement :shock:

oilly

Post by oilly » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Don't waste your time Frontiar Mole,
he will never listen to anyone here
he will listen to only what he want to here even it was not true

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Post by potterbond007 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm

rajamahmood85 wrote:First, its ur opinion that LCPS is dodgy which u r free to make.
Secondly home office did not say LCPS or Diploma is dodgy. The objection is college has never offered or issued any legitimate diploma.

Please be positive and helpful. Dont want to argue with u guys.
If the home office said that, then you could use the degree certificate that the college has given you. Which is LCPS college? The London college of Professional Studies?
Maybe you should consult a solicitor. Since you have been refused a review or an appeal, only a solicitor can guide you on your next step.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 am

Frontiar Mole wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:It was uncovered that LCPS was just a Diploma mill. Their awarding powers have been revoked and all certificates/diplomas previously issued will be treated as bogus. Your refusal letter should explain this very clearly.
Frontier Mole,
I will also emphasize to not put any baseless or self created statements.
What does this mean "LCPS has NEVER offered or issued any LEGITIMATE PG diploma"

Not Legit = Bogus

I am really shocked that a graduate could not comprehend such a simple statement :shock:[/quote]

Frontier Mole in action after a long time :)
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:52 pm

this frontier is frontiar .....do u get it?...

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:55 pm

Oh OK I didn't notice the spelling. There used to be a Frontier Mole sometime back and I suspect its the same person now as Frontiar Mole.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:59 pm

the old one was a genius..he used to grill these dodgy crooks....

mahdi

Post by mahdi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Guys,

I have been following the CCL and this case even though I have nothing to do with them and I am not a student of CCL or this college.

My advice is that it all depends on what you want to achieve in the UK. If you want to gain some time and work by going like CCL guys from a court to another one then that is fine...maybe you will succeed in proving your point at the end, but I personally highly doubt it.

I mean if you really want to achieve something in your life then this is not the right way to go. You will not be able to succeed in securing for example an interview with a big investment bank let alone an offer. What I am trying to say try to aim higher than proving you are a genuine student at a suspicious college. Time is really valuable. Aim for higher goals and achieve them.

My honest advice is to pack up and go home. try to organize your life. find a good job. try USA, Canada, New Zealand. I am sure if you successful after 10 years you will be back. UK is one of the fairest country on earth.

The guys at CCL have spend money and ONE YEAR and achieve nothing and you really should not do the same. TEN YEARS can go fast if you are busy with your studies, research and maybe a wife who can be from UK!

All the best

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 pm

Blackwater1 wrote:the old one was a genius..he used to grill these dodgy crooks....
Yes I liked his style too.

rajamahmood85

Post by rajamahmood85 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:16 pm

mahdi wrote:Guys,

I have been following the CCL and this case even though I have nothing to do with them and I am not a student of CCL or this college.

My advice is that it all depends on what you want to achieve in the UK. If you want to gain some time and work by going like CCL guys from a court to another one then that is fine...maybe you will succeed in proving your point at the end, but I personally highly doubt it.

I mean if you really want to achieve something in your life then this is not the right way to go. You will not be able to succeed in securing for example an interview with a big investment bank let alone an offer. What I am trying to say try to aim higher than proving you are a genuine student at a suspicious college. Time is really valuable. Aim for higher goals and achieve them.

My honest advice is to pack up and go home. try to organize your life. find a good job. try USA, Canada, New Zealand. I am sure if you successful after 10 years you will be back. UK is one of the fairest country on earth.

The guys at CCL have spend money and ONE YEAR and achieve nothing and you really should not do the same. TEN YEARS can go fast if you are busy with your studies, research and maybe a wife who can be from UK!

All the best
Mahdi,
I really appreciate ur above comment.

vicky1234
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:57 am

hi raja..did you get any thing from AIT or court?

PostMan

Re: LODNON COLLEGE OF PROFESSIONAL STUDIES (LCPS) PSW

Post by PostMan » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:36 am

meats wrote:
sadhu wrote:
rajamahmood85 wrote:I applied PSW 0n23 march 2009 through LCPS,with PGD in Manaement Studies. Got refused on 10December2009.
Home Office refused saying''' LCPS has never issued or offered Legitimate Post Graduate Diploma in Management'''
Which is baseless and unfair as LCPS actually offered and issued PGD in Management studies after completion of course.
Home Office has accused me of deception with no right to appeal nor administrative review.
Home Office asked me to leave Uk by 31 Dec 2009 as my cuurent student visa expires on this date.
Need Urgent help.
Please try to understand and guide me this hard time.
Your college is in the listed bodies.Is that course registered in the college website?Have you been verified by the college?If your college is bogus so how it is in the listed bodies?

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/index.cfm?
fuseaction=institutes.list&InstituteCategoryID=2

To my knowledge, the bogus colleges have been removed from the listed bodies.I guess HO did a mistake.You should contact with your college without delay.Good luck.
It's not a licensed college hence the HO doesn't recognise it.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation
Hey Meat!
Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) of the Points Based System - Policy Guidance

Under section: Points scoring assessment – initial applications
No 51 The requirements for the award of points for initial applicants under Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) are:

sub-section 2 says:

The applicant studied for the eligible award at a United Kingdom institution that is a United Kingdom recognised or
listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system.
3 classifications has been made.
1. Recognized bodies.
2. Listed Bodies
3. Bodies with PBS 4 sponsor License.

If at time of application, that the college is in the list, then there is a case. no right of appeal does not mean you cannot open a case. consult an immigration adviser. because I think
YOU ACTED ON A GOOD FAITH, at time of your study and application, they are there, so their PGDip must count that's what the guidance say at that time.

But I think maybe the College abused their PgDip because of the little hole by awarding it without studies,
Because during the first launch of PSW, many colleges started offering PGCert/PGDip courses in anything, it was a boom, and the fee becomes high as in the University, and many students dived to this hole as a quick method to PSW.
I have seen a case where HO has identified many of these PGDips and have tried to assessed/interview some of the students and they fail to meet up the standard of a student who hold PGDip.
which means, some are being awarded on mutual agreement between the college administrator and the student, if you can pay money.