ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee for spouse in joint application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ukresident09
Newly Registered

Referee for spouse in joint application

Post by ukresident09 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi,
I am applying for the citizenship along with my wife. Both have completed 12 months under ILR. I note that 2 seperate application have to be made, but in such a case what will happen to the referee section for my wife application. She has been in this country for only 2 years. I dont know anyone who are british citizens who can sign that form for her (as it says they need to know the applicant for 3 years atleast). can someone clarify me on this issue.
your help is much appreciated.

thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:53 pm

She has been in this country for only 2 years.
That being the case, she can't possibly apply for Naturalisation at the same time as you.

She will need to wait until you are British, and then apply for her Naturalisation as soon as she can pass the "applicant was physically in the UK exactly 3 years before UKBA received the Naturalisation application" test.
John

ukresident09
Newly Registered

Post by ukresident09 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:56 pm

John wrote:
She has been in this country for only 2 years.
That being the case, she can't possibly apply for Naturalisation at the same time as you.

She will need to wait until you are British, and then apply for her Naturalisation as soon as she can pass the "applicant was physically in the UK exactly 3 years before UKBA received the Naturalisation application" test.
Thanks for your prompt response.