ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to file for a review ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:26 pm

Any tips or pointers ... and what's the process ...

I just don't have any clue....what is in the app ?

Do originals need to be sent again ?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 pm

When you file for a review you cannot send any additional documents to what you had already sent with your original application. Also, the case worker should have copies of all the documents sent by you. Can someone who sent a review confirm this?

You should write a letter addressed to the HSMP team with reasons stating why you think your application needs a review, highlighting the point scoring sections where you think you deserve more points.

You could also call up the HSMP team and talk to them about your application and review so that you have a good idea on what to expect.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:19 pm

Yes that's correct, you cannot send additional docs for a review. Reviews are free and you are entitled to 2 review requests. After that, or if you think you need to send additional docs to support your claim, you must file a new application.

There is no need to send your documents again, as they already have copies of everything.

What you need to do:

1. Write a cover letter stating the reasons why you think your application has been wrongly considered. Give a lot of thought on what you are going to write, you have to convince the new caseworker that the previous caseworker made a mistake. You only make references to docs you sent on your application. If you tell us why your application has been refused, maybe we can give you a few ideas.

2. Fill out the review form. It can be downloaded from Home Office Website.

3. Send the cover letter and review form to Home Office. If you prefer you can mail them those docs (via courier), but I think it's best to scan them and send via email. They also have a fax number, but I am not sure if it is working, when I applied for my review it was broken.

4. Call Home Office the next day or so to confirm if they have received your request. It's also a good idea to call the weekly to check the status of your review.

Hope it helps,
Best wishes,
Lu.

apply4hsmp

Post by apply4hsmp » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:03 pm

That is of great piece of help, thanks to bot of you!

One more thing, do both the requests have to be withing one month ?
How does that work out ?

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:42 pm

No, you have 28 days to file the first review, and after you receive the result of the first review you have 28 more to file the second review.

Good Luck!

umerhoustan
Newly Registered

Need help to place a review.

Post by umerhoustan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:22 am

Well i've applied on 5th Dec, decision made on 8th Dec and got result today which is rejection. They have not given me experinece points for Senior Level. They have given the reason that evidences not provided as written in guidlines.

I've worked as Project Lead/ Head of Software development department for 3 years of last 5 years. I've submitted the experince reference letter explaining the role and responcibility on company letter head duely signed by CEO. Also i had submitted Organization chart explaining my designition/role and underlaying subordinate roles. i guess thaz what is written in guidelines.

Please help me how should i respond and place a review. Also please comment on deadline on placing review as its already 24the day now. Waiting for quick n worthy response.