ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PCB
Newly Registered

Update

Post by PCB » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS , Birmingham
Date of submission or posting : 23/12/2009
CRITERIA - 5 years+ 1 years ILR
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 14/01/2010
Date of receipt of acknowledgement : 15/01/2010(Dated 12/01/2010)
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
council had offered me the
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Check and Send
Date for passport Interview: Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport: Pending

Cane

Post by Cane » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Update:

NCS or Postal : NCS Southwark
Date of submission or posting : 29/12/09
Date recieved by HO: 30/12/09
CRITERIA: 1+3+3 and backdated ILR
Date of debit of Card : 12/01/10

Date receipt of acknowledgement : 16/01/10 (dated 13/01/10)
Date of receipt of approval : ?
Date of citizenship Ceremony : ?

Date of passport application : ?
Method used : ?
Date for passport Interview: ?
Date of Receipt of Passport: ?

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Kesh....good weekend??? Any luck or further news??

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 pm

Brightest Star wrote:Hi Kesh....good weekend??? Any luck or further news??
Brightest Star,

Yes, I had a good weekend thank you. Well no news yet. May hear some thing this week.

Regards
KESH

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 pm

keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star,

Yes, I had a good weekend thank you. Well no news yet. May hear some thing this week.

Regards
Fingers crossed for you buddy....I am sure you will have some good news soon!!! BTW when did you receive the acklgmnt letter....reading this thread it seems that they take about couple of weeks after sending out the acklgmnt letter....unless they have further check to make apart from standard CRB if u are employed or CRB + HMRC check in self employed applications.

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Guys, I called the HO today.. they said the decision is already made on the 11th of jan, but they said no letters have been sent out yet it will take 10 - 14 working days. so.... what do you think guys.. when will I get my letter of rejection or approval

:P

Brightest Star wrote:
keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star,

Regards
Fingers crossed for you buddy....I am sure you will have some good news soon!!! BTW when did you receive the acklgmnt letter....reading this thread it seems that they take about couple of weeks after sending out the acklgmnt letter....unless they have further check to make apart from standard CRB if u are employed or CRB + HMRC check in self employed applications.

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Guys, I called the HO today.. they said the decision is already made on the 11th, but they said no letters have been sent out. so.... what do you think guys.. when will I get my letter of rejection or approval
:wink: [

quote="peter786"]Kesh

Will you please tell me which other forum you check for timline of citizenship. I shall be grateful.[/quote]

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:37 pm

asher1979 wrote:Hi Guys, I called the HO today.. they said the decision is already made on the 11th, but they said no letters have been sent out. so.... what do you think guys.. when will I get my letter of rejection or approval

quote="peter786"]Kesh

Will you please tell me which other forum you check for timline of citizenship. I shall be grateful.
[/quote]

Buddy..check with your council with whom you would have your ceremony...Usually HO sends the letter first to the local council before sending it out to the applicant and do remember to update us after you have spoken to them

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:54 pm

Hi I called the council they have not got anything yet.. lets wait and see
Brightest Star wrote:
asher1979 wrote:Hi Guys, I called the HO today.. they said the decision is already made on the 11th, but they said no letters have been sent out. so.... what do you think guys.. when will I get my letter of rejection or approval

quote="peter786"]Kesh

Will you please tell me which other forum you check for timline of citizenship. I shall be grateful.
Buddy..check with your council with whom you would have your ceremony...Usually HO sends the letter first to the local council before sending it out to the applicant and do remember to update us after you have spoken to them[/quote]

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:28 pm

asher1979 wrote:Hi I called the council they have not got anything yet.. lets wait and see
Brightest Star wrote:

quote="peter786"]Kesh

Buddy..check with your council with whom you would have your ceremony...Usually HO sends the letter first to the local council before sending it out to the applicant and do remember to update us after you have spoken to them
[/quote]

I sure you would have got it....may be just some kind administrative delays....what was your timeline anywz...??

chaudhrei
Newly Registered

Post by chaudhrei » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:18 pm

NCS or Postal : NCS Conwy County Council
Date of submission or posting : 05/01/10
Date recieved by HO: 06/01/10
CRITERIA: 1+3+3 and backdated ILR
Date of debit of Card : Pending
Date receipt of acknowledgement : Pending
Date of receipt of approval : Pending
Date of citizenship Ceremony : Pending
Date of passport application : Pending
Method used : Pending
Date for passport Interview:Pending
Date of Receipt of Passport:Pending

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm

Brightest Star wrote:
keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star,

Regards
Thanks Brightest Star,

I was told by HO this evening that decision was made on Friday last week. They can't tell the outcome and have to wait until I hear from them. My council have not recieved any thing from them either. I am little bit stressed now.

Regards
KESH

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:35 pm

keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:
keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star,

Regards
Thanks Brightest Star,

I was told by HO this evening that decision was made on Friday last week. They can't tell the outcome and have to wait until I hear from them. My council have not recieved any thing from them either. I am little bit stressed now.

Regards
That's amazing buddy.....I am sure you will hear in post very soon and keep on checking with council on daily basis anywz....keep us updated....daily basis:)

MsKay

Post by MsKay » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Kesh

Don't worry too much I am sure the news will be favourabe, keep us posted.

asher1979
Newly Registered

Post by asher1979 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 am

I know the feeling mate.. lets wait and see..
Applied in 28th of Nov 09
Debit card was charged 1 of Dec 09
now.. waiting for the letter
MsKay wrote:Kesh

Don't worry too much I am sure the news will be favourabe, keep us posted.

eagleeye09

Post by eagleeye09 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:58 am

-> KESH

PLz accept my heartiest felicitations.. Now just wait and you will have ur decision letter soon and it will be ur approval with the Grace of the One watching us all.

I am very anxiously waiting for the great and good news...

Do let me know and you forgot ... today was monday.. :)

Regards,

Eagleeye09

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:57 am

MsKay, Brightest Star, Asher and Eagleeye,

Guys many thanks for your support and wishes. I do appreciated the matter of fact that you guys have been very supportive and has always been there for me on the board.

I believe that all of us will get some results this week or week after. Asher your timelines are very similar to mine. I applied on 28th November too.

Guys I pray for you all and ask the Most High to look after us.

Regards
KESH

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:04 am

keshgrover wrote:MsKay, Brightest Star, Asher and Eagleeye,

Guys many thanks for your support and wishes. I do appreciated the matter of fact that you guys have been very supportive and has always been there for me on the board.

I believe that all of us will get some results this week or week after. Asher your timelines are very similar to mine. I applied on 28th November too.

Guys I pray for you all and ask the Most High to look after us.

Regards
No probs Kesh...what I think Kesh is that after approving the application they need to carry out some admin duties like entering your details on the system....and then printing out the naturalisation certificate etc etc...Once a week a lapsed after they have posted out the certificate to council they send the letter to the applicants about the success....I would suggest keep calling council every evening just in case you are lucky to find that your certificate has already arrived even before you got your letter from HO..

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 am

Brightest Star,

I have spoken to my Council and they have said that, ''We recieve our certificate only once a week.'' So, this week has gone. Probabley in next batch next week.

Regards
KESH

mohamedmourad

new good character requirement

Post by mohamedmourad » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:19 am

new good character requirement now if anybody have small fixed panalty notic like useing mopilephone while you driving they have to weat 5 years to be eligibil to applay for citizenship also if some body have mor than fixed panalty ticket like a parking ticket will be aproplim ithink the home office delay tha applications because of that im wored now because i have tow fixed panalty using bus lane but i was have letter from my cancel say i cane use this bus lane because no another way to my home and when i send this letter they told me the panalty was canciled new good character requirement in this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 am

keshgrover wrote:Brightest Star,

I have spoken to my Council and they have said that, ''We recieve our certificate only once a week.'' So, this week has gone. Probabley in next batch next week.

Regards
Ahhhhh...I see.......what a nerve breaking delay....they receive certificates only once a week...can't blve it....but never mind it is now wait game....When you phone up HO enquiring about the status of our application....were they polite or do they really get upset that despite of 6 months timeframe applicants are phoning up in a month to get updates???? I am myself thnking of giving them a quick call some time next week...

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:32 am

Brightest Star wrote:

Regards
Ahhhhh...I see.......what a nerve breaking delay....they receive certificates only once a week...can't blve it....but never mind it is now wait game....When you phone up HO enquiring about the status of our application....were they polite or do they really get upset that despite of 6 months timeframe applicants are phoning up in a month to get updates???? I am myself thnking of giving them a quick call some time next week...
Usually they are very polite. If you start your conversation with light topic and ask how their day have been, that brings their pressure down and they help.
KESH

Brightest Star

Post by Brightest Star » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 am

keshgrover wrote:
Brightest Star wrote:

Regards
Usually they are very polite. If you start your conversation with light topic and ask how their day have been, that brings their pressure down and they help.
Hahahahah...thats cool Kesh...I will phone them up and follow your advise when I am nearing a month after the submission....

yarons

Re: new good character requirement

Post by yarons » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:14 pm

mohamedmourad wrote:new good character requirement now if anybody have small fixed panalty notic like useing mopilephone while you driving they have to weat 5 years to be eligibil to applay for citizenship also if some body have mor than fixed panalty ticket like a parking ticket will be aproplim ithink the home office delay tha applications because of that im wored now because i have tow fixed panalty using bus lane but i was have letter from my cancel say i cane use this bus lane because no another way to my home and when i send this letter they told me the panalty was canciled new good character requirement in this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
What is the source of this information? below is a quote taken from your link which disproves the main idea in your post:
3.2.2 Where the applicant is of good character in all other respects caseworkers should normally be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in:
a. a bind-over order
b. an absolute or conditional discharge
c. admonition
d. a relatively small fine or compensation order.
e. a fixed penalty notice and Scottish fiscal fines - these fines are not classed as convictions and as such do not attract a spent period (see paragraph 3.2.3).

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Re: new good character requirement

Post by keshgrover » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:17 pm

yarons wrote:
mohamedmourad wrote:new good character requirement now if anybody have small fixed panalty notic like useing mopilephone while you driving they have to weat 5 years to be eligibil to applay for citizenship also if some body have mor than fixed panalty ticket like a parking ticket will be aproplim ithink the home office delay tha applications because of that im wored now because i have tow fixed panalty using bus lane but i was have letter from my cancel say i cane use this bus lane because no another way to my home and when i send this letter they told me the panalty was canciled new good character requirement in this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
What is the source of this information? below is a quote taken from your link which disproves the main idea in your post:
3.2.2 Where the applicant is of good character in all other respects caseworkers should normally be prepared to overlook a single minor unspent conviction resulting in:
a. a bind-over order
b. an absolute or conditional discharge
c. admonition
d. a relatively small fine or compensation order.
e. a fixed penalty notice and Scottish fiscal fines - these fines are not classed as convictions and as such do not attract a spent period (see paragraph 3.2.3).
Lunch time break. Nothing to do...lol
KESH