ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP!!! DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Wanderer wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:Hi
Wanderer wrote:Well basically ur bf has to get his act together and do

the honourable thing - support his family.

but fundamentally Art 8 wont protect u - like Mochyn says it works both ways, u can live somewhere else, the UK doesn't owe ur bf a free ride for his work-free lifestyle - he has to work for it and u need to tell him to get off his arse. sorry...

Can I ask who told you this..Do you know what is artcile8 and what is Chikwamba case law.

OP clearly said her boyfriend and son are British...

UK_Banned_Member

Not even married, child is young, no asylum, assume safe country, it's not unreasonable the OP can return to their home country and apply correctly.

U guys and ur Art 8 faith!
Can I ask who told you artcile8 is for married people only....Indeed I have a great faith in article 8 and I know many people were granted visa on artcile8 and after lot of case laws from House of lord artcile is strengthen..like Chikwamba,Baku,Razgar,WB, and a lot

I dont want to teach article 8 so back to OP

Form to use for DL is FLR(O) and you would write in Other Category that you are applying for DL on article 8 of human right.

One more thing there is no application fee for this type of application and
if you have childern then you have good chance.

Better seek good legal representation.
And one more thing if your partner is claiming HB benefits this would have no affect on this type of application as these are outside immigration law..

UK_Banned_Member

myrlabelle

Post by myrlabelle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:59 pm

OH MY GOD UK_Banned_Member, u are saving my life right now!! i was so over stressed on how i will get the £465!!
I will be going to a solocitor very soon and will let u know, you have been such a star, i almost can say i love u :))
thanks ever so much for all the info!! xxx

myrlabelle

Post by myrlabelle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 pm

i have checked and the FLR(O) IS £465 TOO :((((((

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Well myriabelle, you have learnt a very valuable lesson about this site, some people talk a lot of crap and people are so willing to believe them.You checked up on information and did really well

Good for you.

Well done

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:21 am

mochyn wrote:Well myriabelle, you have learnt a very valuable lesson about this site, some people talk a lot of crap and people are so willing to believe them.You checked up on information and did really well

Good for you.

Well done
Hear! Hear! 8)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 pm

myrlabelle wrote:WANDERER AND MOHCYN, why do u guys bother replying? you two are no help whatsoever, please do not reply to any of my question, i would appreciate it!!

THANKS A LOT TO THE OTHERS! i will be seeking professional help tomorrow. xxx
This is a public forum, I'll reply if I like thanks.

If u prefer to wait for the answer u want all sugar-coated then do that. I don't believe in it, I prefer straight answers.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi
myrlabelle wrote:i have checked and the FLR(O) IS £465 TOO :((((((
Well I know human rights application are free of charge and DL is human right application.

Remember FLRO is used for more then one category so this fee is for other categories not for DL.

Well you can confirm this from any solicitor..Not a big deal.

This is my view and I am confident...

Thats way I told you go with professional legal representation if you can support..

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Wanderer wrote:
myrlabelle wrote:WANDERER AND MOHCYN, why do u guys bother replying? you two are no help whatsoever, please do not reply to any of my question, i would appreciate it!!

If u prefer to wait for the answer u want all sugar-coated then do that. I don't believe in it, I prefer straight answers.
Well you should reply right information...not wrong information just for thanks..

If op is not happy with your answers then this is his right..

UK_Banned_Member

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

Well you should reply right information...not wrong information just for thanks..

UK_Banned_Member
OP is a female. So much for 'right information' (sic) eh?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:39 am

immigrationuk2009 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
I wish I was right ALL the time as you most obviously are but then again I am not perfect.
I can only dream of being like you

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi
Wanderer wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
OP is a female. So much for 'right information' (sic) eh?

I am not talking gender here...Article 8 is for everybody..not just for a particular gender..

Honestly you should read artcile8 then comment.

UK_Banned_Member

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:50 pm

Hi
mochyn wrote:
immigrationuk2009 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:

UK_Banned_Member
I wish I was right ALL the time as you most obviously are but then again I am not perfect.
I can only dream of being like you
Nobody is perfect including me..So please dont take this as offense..

You and Wander were right from one prospective and I am talking from other prospective that is visa inside UK on artcile8.

UK_Banned_Member

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 am

I WANT ONE! :lol:

nassim12
Newly Registered

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN

Post by nassim12 » Fri May 30, 2014 7:27 am

dear members and guests,

I m new member on this forum, and happy to meet all of you.
please i need answer to my question if anyone could help would be appreciated.
I have been in this contry as a student from 2007 til 2010, I have met my husband end of 2007,in 2010 i have overstayed my visa for 1 month i tried to apply for partner visa with my husband who got permanent residence that time, but my visa was refused and they asked me to leave the contry or they will deport me, my husband then spoke to my lawyer advise us to get married wich we did ,we got maried and then my lawer send application to ukba as maried to permanent resident after long waiting my lawyer called me with a good news they gave me limited leave on discretionary leave outside immigration law for two years 2012 to 2014.
before my leave expired my husband applied for me and they gave further 3 years this time i didn't wait longer the ukba replied for my further leave within 30 days. now the question is to apply for indefenit leave you need to have 6 years of discretionry leave but me they gave 2 years and then 3 years, what is that i dont understand and m i eligible for ilr when my further leave expire. thanks xx.
oh sory guys i didnt say anything about my kids ,i have two kids one born 2008 the second 2012 they are both british my hasband is british too. many thanks