ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Result of Admin Review-rejected. what to do next?so unfair..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodssb

Result of Admin Review-rejected. what to do next?so unfair..

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:13 am

Hi all,

I applied for Tier 1 general on 9 Dec and got reply today. I claimed 35 points in Qualification section (not UK experience section) for my master degree in the UK. I was not awarded points in this section because they say my master degree is over 5 years ago. I know that in order to claim 5 points for UK experience, my study in the UK should be within 5 years, but I did not see this 5-year rule applies to Qualification section as well. Anyone knows? Please help!

-update: Result of Admin Review:
ECM Comment: This has been correctly assessed by ECO. The UK (Master of Accounting and Finance) qualification was obtained more than 5 years prior to the receipt of the visa application and therefore this application does not meet the criteria that the qualification should have been awarded no more than 5 years prior to the date of application for this visa.

This is such a bullshit! I have phoned UK HO, there is no time limitation on qualification. and I used the online PBS calculator, selected my qualification from the database and I was awarded 35 points for my master degree.

So what to do now? I am afraid if I reapply, the result would be the same, coz its the same stupid people reviewing my application. I am wondering if I can make appeal in the UK?need help on this problem...
Last edited by goodssb on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 am

In the rejection letter, it mentioned paragraph 32-41 of Appendix A of he immigration rules

shabanaimrank

Post by shabanaimrank » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 am

Can you please confirm whether this was initial application or HSMP extension application?

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:50 am

shabanaimrank wrote:Can you please confirm whether this was initial application or HSMP extension application?
It's initial application

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

goodssb wrote:In the rejection letter, it mentioned paragraph 32-41 of Appendix A of he immigration rules
I searched on their website, but could not find the so-called rules. Appendix A-Attributes para 32-41 are not about qualification. They are related to Tier 1 Investors

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:24 pm

Can you spell out what your refusal letter says?

regards

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:37 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Can you spell out what your refusal letter says?

regards
The Qualification part is like this:

Points claimed: 35
Points awarded:0

ECO Comments:

The documents you have provided do not support your claime of 75 points under paragraph 32-41 of appendix A of the immigration rules. Specifically, you have claimed 35 points under paragraph 32-41 but on the basis of documents you have provided, namely, your Master of Science in Accounting and Finance. Guidelines specify that the qualification should have awarded no more than five years from the date of application. Your MSc was obtained 5 years ago. You have not, therefore, scored a minimum of 75 points under Appendix A, and I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245C(c) of the immigration rules.

Other parts are fine. I claimed 85 points and was awarded 50 points.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:44 pm

Submit PBS Administrative Review request without delay.

PBS Administrative Review guidance notes

regards

mahdi

Post by mahdi » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 pm

This can not be right! I am sure there is a mistake somewehre

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Submit PBS Administrative Review request without delay.

PBS Administrative Review guidance notes

regards
Thanks a lot for the reply. I believe they have made a mistake. I used the online points calculator, which asked me to input the univeristy, the degree and year of award, and still gave me 35 points.

But the problem is, I am actually holding HSMP dependent visa. I have worked in the UK. In order to get my own Tier 1 visa, I resigned and went back to my own country. The whole review process could take 4-6 months. I just cannot be unemployed for that long time. It will be a disaster for my career. So any suggestions?

koushikv
Newly Registered

Post by koushikv » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

27. Points will only be awarded for UK experience in respect of qualifications obtained in the UK if:

(a) (i) the qualification is a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD, and is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK, or

(ii) the qualification is a vocational or professional qualification and is deemed by the appropriate UK professional body to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK,

(b) the qualification was awarded no more than 5 years before the application was made, and

(c) at least 1 academic year, or 3 consecutive terms, of the course that led to the qualification involved full-time study in the UK.
Here is the link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/policy ... appendixa/

So I guess it was a mistake.

Wish you all the best - am sure you will get your visa pretty soon :-)

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm

koushikv wrote:
27. Points will only be awarded for UK experience in respect of qualifications obtained in the UK if:

(a) (i) the qualification is a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD, and is deemed by UK NARIC to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK, or

(ii) the qualification is a vocational or professional qualification and is deemed by the appropriate UK professional body to meet or exceed the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or a PhD in the UK,

(b) the qualification was awarded no more than 5 years before the application was made, and

(c) at least 1 academic year, or 3 consecutive terms, of the course that led to the qualification involved full-time study in the UK.
Here is the link:

Thanks, Koushikv. Yes, that's the Appendix A I think is. But para 32-41 in the appendix A is for Tier 1 Investors, not related to Tier 1 General.

Another thing is in the cover letter they sent to me, they mentioned my application was assessed against these rules: Appendix A para 1-31. So not including para 32-41. It seems there is a conflict.

goodssb

Post by goodssb » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:19 pm

goodssb wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:Can you spell out what your refusal letter says?

regards
The Qualification part is like this:

Points claimed: 35
Points awarded:0

ECO Comments:

The documents you have provided do not support your claime of 75 points under paragraph 32-41 of appendix A of the immigration rules. Specifically, you have claimed 35 points under paragraph 32-41 but on the basis of documents you have provided, namely, your Master of Science in Accounting and Finance. Guidelines specify that the qualification should have awarded no more than five years from the date of application. Your MSc was obtained 5 years ago. You have not, therefore, scored a minimum of 75 points under Appendix A, and I therefore refuse your application under paragraph 245C(c) of the immigration rules.

Other parts are fine. I claimed 85 points and was awarded 50 points.

Thanks a lot for your help, guys.
Another thing is in the cover letter they sent to me, they mentioned my application was assessed against these rules: Appendix A para 1-31. So not including para 32-41. It seems there is a conflict.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:47 pm

It seems evident that a mistake has been made by the caseworker with respect to awarding score for your qualifications. You have two options:
1. Submit an administrative review notice.
2. Apply again (and pay the fees again).
Given the reason(s) for refusal that you have stated, I do not see any reason why this decision will not be overturned and your application approved.

I do not think that a review will take as long as 4-6 months (like the appeals in UK or to the AIT) but it is for you to decide how long you can wait for the decision. If you can wait for 4-8 weeks, I would (personally) suggest that you submit a review notice. If not, then you may want to apply afresh.

regards

koushikv
Newly Registered

Post by koushikv » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:15 am

goodssb wrote:
koushikv wrote:

Here is the link:

Thanks, Koushikv. Yes, that's the Appendix A I think is. But para 32-41 in the appendix A is for Tier 1 Investors, not related to Tier 1 General.

Case in point: You are right. 32-41 is for Investor/Entrepreneur migrants. It seems very odd that they have overlooked such a basic thing - "difference between General / Investor".