ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant's Policy

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobo77

Dependant's Policy

Post by bobo77 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:14 pm

1. I am here on HSMP
    My partner is also here on HSMP (separate from mine and not as my dependant)
    When I applied for my extension we didnt have a babay then
    When my wife extension came, we already had our daughter, so she went on partner's extenstion as dependant
    My ILR is now due now and I want my daughter (who is already on partner's passport as dependant) to be on mine as dependant
Will that be possible?

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Probably not, as your daughter has leave as your wife's dependant.

However, if your daughter was born in the UK, then immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

bobo77

double dependant issues

Post by bobo77 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:35 am

vinny wrote:Probably not, as your daughter has leave as your wife's dependant.

However, if your daughter was born in the UK, then immediately after a parent is granted settlement/PR, their child is entitled to register for British citizenship (Section 1(3)), irrespective of child's immigration status.
Hi Vinny,

Just to inform you that my daughter got her ILR as my dependant in spite of the fact that she got a FLR earlier as my wife's dependant.

Just to add that when my wife applied for FLR, my daughter had no passport of her own so she was endorsed on my wife's, however when I applied a few months ago my daughter used her own new passport.

Thanks.

hsmp2tier1

Re: double dependant issues

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Vinny,

Just to inform you that my daughter got her ILR as my dependant in spite of the fact that she got a FLR earlier as my wife's dependant.

Just to add that when my wife applied for FLR, my daughter had no passport of her own so she was endorsed on my wife's, however when I applied a few months ago my daughter used her own new passport.

Thanks.
Hi bobo77, As I understand this means that your wife is still on HSMP and not on ILR. You got your's daughter's ILR with you. Did they ask for any consent letter from your wife as your daughter is a minor and you were applying for her ILR with you without the mother applying for ILR at the same time ?

bobo77

Re: double dependant issues

Post by bobo77 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 am

Yes, my wife is still on HSMP and not ILR, and
No, there was no consent letter of any sort from my wife for our daughter's ILR
hsmp2tier1 wrote:
Hi Vinny,

Thanks.
Hi bobo77, As I understand this means that your wife is still on HSMP and not on ILR. You got your's daughter's ILR with you. Did they ask for any consent letter from your wife as your daughter is a minor and you were applying for her ILR with you without the mother applying for ILR at the same time ?