ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

regarding the deduction of visa fees from the account

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_mahay

regarding the deduction of visa fees from the account

Post by amit_mahay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:13 am

basically i applied for my post study visa on the 14 of this month (14/01/2010) and the documents got delivered the very next day but the problem is that the amount of £500 has not been deducted from my accon=unt till today (18/01/2010). i was expecting it to be deducted today but it hasnt been....can any1 tell me how long does the home office take to deduct the application fees from the applicants account?
and please note that i paid through visa debit card.
a quick reply will be much appreciated.

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Re: regarding the deduction of visa fees from the account

Post by potterbond007 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:04 am

amit_mahay wrote:basically i applied for my post study visa on the 14 of this month (14/01/2010) and the documents got delivered the very next day but the problem is that the amount of £500 has not been deducted from my accon=unt till today (18/01/2010). i was expecting it to be deducted today but it hasnt been....can any1 tell me how long does the home office take to deduct the application fees from the applicants account?
I have seen it happen on the very same day that the HO received it and also in a period of like 2 weeks. So I guess u should wait.. If you got ur acknowledgement letter and the HO said that they received it, then u should be fine. Just keep 500 pounds in your account for them to withdraw any day..

prince.07

Post by prince.07 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:02 am

I applied for student visa extension on thursday 14/01/10 and my application was received by HO on Friday 15/01/2010{next day}. The visa fees was charged from my acct same day but it reflected on my acct today. It means all is working ok about HO charging of visa fee.

Keep cool.

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:10 pm

thanx for ur reply friends......but i still havnt even got the acknowledgement letter from the HO yet....that is what is worrying me too!!

winnie1985
Newly Registered

Post by winnie1985 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Don't worry... I haven't received the letter yet and I applied on 5th of January... My friend who applied in November received the letter after 3 weeks and she got the visa the following week... Some people never got the letter but they got the visa

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

its not just the acknowledgement letter...even the visa fees hasnt been deducted from my account yet.....normally it happens d very same day they recieve your application form........i wonder what is going on.....do u think dere cud be a problem because i paid d fees through visa debit card?

winnie1985
Newly Registered

Post by winnie1985 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't know, maybe... I paid through postal order. Check with your bank also you can try to call HO, but I doubt they'll tel you anything.. I called but they said they can give info on outstanding application only after 14 weeks!!!

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:07 pm

hey thanx, i rang my bank today and they told me that HO has deducted the fees from my account but it cud take some time to show up on my system and i was preety satisfied after that; otherwise i was just thinking to myself that can i really be so stupid to give incorrect bank details!! lol.....still no acknowledgement letter tho!! :(

uguracar
Newly Registered

Post by uguracar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:19 am

amit_mahay wrote:basically i applied for my post study visa on the 14 of this month (14/01/2010) and the documents got delivered the very next day but the problem is that the amount of £500 has not been deducted from my accon=unt till today (18/01/2010). i was expecting it to be deducted today but it hasnt been....can any1 tell me how long does the home office take to deduct the application fees from the applicants account?
I tried paying by Debit Card by twice one in 5th of December 2009 and other 4 th of January 2010 and both time, home office returned my application saying that not enough fee in the accout. however, i did have at all the time sufficent money to pay 500 fee. I suppose something wrong in their withdrawal system. Then, i sent my documents this week paying by postal order which is the safest method of payment that i suggest for anyone.

For your case, most probably they will send your document back next week with a notice saying that "make fresh application". I hop your visa will be be expireng as you will recieve your docs back. My point of you is that " Do not ever try topay by Debit card once again". Pay by postal order that will only be cousing you to pay extra 20 pount for the service which is worth for feeling unworried.

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:45 am

i dnt know man!! this is not the first time i have paid by my debit card to the home office.i did it last time too wen i had my student visa extended and dere was no such issue with the payment at dat time. l am just gna wait and see if the money gets deducted from my account in next 1 or 2 days or not.to be honest with you i was actually xpecting that to happed by today but it didnt.its just a wait n watch game for me at the minut as deres nuthin i can do about it rite now.

amit_mahay

Post by amit_mahay » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 pm

just for your knowledge, the money has been deducted from my account today and that is an indication that everything is right on track for me now. maybe i was a bit luckier than you on this and doesnt have to got through all that hard time that unfortunately u had to go through. thanx for shairing your views anyway.
regards,

PostMan

Post by PostMan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm

This depends on bank, Debit/Credit payments may not show on your account as cleared balance for some time because it requires to be verified.
But you can call your bank to know all pending payments.