ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

College not listed on PBS CAlculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

add_mah

College not listed on PBS CAlculator

Post by add_mah » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:39 pm

One of my friend is enrolling in MBA course, when I have checked on the PBS calculator the college name were not given but the university that is affiliated to that course is on the PBS Calculator, I want to know will it be fine when my friend will apply for PSW after the completion of his course, will he be able to get PSW through that college.
Any help will be appreciated.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:51 pm

check for the register of sponsors college list/listed bodies not the PBS crap misleader.

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:35 pm

i have just checked on the list of British Accreditation Council website and the college name is there, is that mean the college is geninue or its just the name of all the colleges that are in Uk.
Forgive me for these stupid questions, i am new to these all so have got no knowledge where to check that from.
Thanks

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:56 pm

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:32 pm

What is the name of the college?

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:32 pm

The School Of information Risk Management

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm

I dont know whether it is a fake or real college...
ANYONE HELP...

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm

add_mah wrote:The School Of information Risk Management
This name doesn't sound good.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:35 pm

add_mah wrote:The School Of information Risk Management
I think that it is a fake college.. cant find it listed anywhere.. Tell ur cousin not to go and waste his/her life..

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:38 pm

SIRM has been granted Sponsor License under Tier 4 Rated A by UK Border and Immigration Agency. Students can now apply for student visa at relevant visa department such as British High Commission or Home Office to be able to study at SIRM. Our name on the register is given as "The School of Information Risk Management". To view our school’s name on the Sponsor Register, please click here.
--
SIRM has been inspected and accredited by Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC) for Stage 3. ASIC is an independent body whose aim is to improve and enhance standards of independent further and higher education institutions in the United Kingdom by the establishment of a system of accreditation. Please log on to www.asic.org.uk for more information.--

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT...

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:46 pm

add_mah wrote:SIRM has been granted Sponsor License under Tier 4 Rated A by UK Border and Immigration Agency. Students can now apply for student visa at relevant visa department such as British High Commission or Home Office to be able to study at SIRM. Our name on the register is given as "The School of Information Risk Management". To view our school’s name on the Sponsor Register, please click here.
--
SIRM has been inspected and accredited by Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC) for Stage 3. ASIC is an independent body whose aim is to improve and enhance standards of independent further and higher education institutions in the United Kingdom by the establishment of a system of accreditation. Please log on to www.asic.org.uk for more information.--

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT...
I think that it's a lot of bullsh*t

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:04 pm

what do you mean by that...can you please explain
as my friend is going to take admission on Friday,
any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:07 pm

He is going to take admission in MBA Top Up programme, the college says that course is affiliated by Anglia Ruskin University and after passing he will get the MBA degree from Anglia Ruskin University.

Sidney Reilly

Post by Sidney Reilly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:11 pm

add_mah wrote:I dont know whether it is a fake or real college...
ANYONE HELP...
Well, lets reverse this question, in fact lets make it an entrance test for your friend.

1. Use this guide http://www.asic.org.uk/studentscollege.htm
2. Run a search on the T4 PBS Register - already provided in this thread
3. Email/ring the affiliated University to check whether the college is a registered education partner for the program.
4. If you are totally happy with the above results then go for it.

Hope that helps!

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:29 pm

add_mah wrote:what do you mean by that...can you please explain
as my friend is going to take admission on Friday,
any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks
I cant find that college listed in the T4 PBS register which is why i said that it was a load of bullsh*t and if not listed in there, then ur friend shouldn't probably go there..

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:44 pm

SIRM has been granted Sponsor License under Tier 4 Rated A by UK Border and Immigration Agency. Students can now apply for student visa at relevant visa department such as British High Commission or Home Office to be able to study at SIRM. Our name on the register is given as "The School of Information Risk Management". To view our school’s name on the Sponsor Register, please click here.

THE COLLEGE SAYS THAT HAVE BEEN GRANTED SPONSOR LICENSE FROM UKBA, CAN THEY UPLOAD WRONG INFORMATION AS WELL..

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:00 pm

add_mah wrote:SIRM has been granted Sponsor License under Tier 4 Rated A by UK Border and Immigration Agency. Students can now apply for student visa at relevant visa department such as British High Commission or Home Office to be able to study at SIRM. Our name on the register is given as "The School of Information Risk Management". To view our school’s name on the Sponsor Register, please click here.

THE COLLEGE SAYS THAT HAVE BEEN GRANTED SPONSOR LICENSE FROM UKBA, CAN THEY UPLOAD WRONG INFORMATION AS WELL..
Where did you get that info from? This is the college website.. http://www.sirm.ac/ .... the PBS Tier 4 link and many other ones dont open for me (404 error) .. does it open for u? if it doesn't, then i guess that itself gives you a clue.. btw, when u clicked that link (where it says click here) where did it take u.. can you paste that link here?

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:12 pm

it takes you here... http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers ... fsponsors/
and than... down at the bottom

Closure of the register of education and training providers
Any education institution in the UK that wants to admit students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) must now apply to the UK Border Agency for a sponsor licence. If we award it a licence, it will be allowed to sponsor students.

If you are a student from within the EEA and you want to check that an education provider complies with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, you can download the archived register of education and training providers (PDF file 1.2MB opens in a new window) as last published by the Department for Innovation, Universities & Skills on 30 March 2009.

If you have any queries relating to the closure of the DIUS register, please email LETP.enquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:14 pm

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:16 pm

I got there, but does the links on the side work?

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:20 pm

yes, it is
it didn't open earlier but now most of the pages can open.

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 pm

yes,
i can open them now, they are working

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:26 pm

add_mah wrote:it takes you here... http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers ... fsponsors/

Any education institution in the UK that wants to admit students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) must now apply to the UK Border Agency for a sponsor licence. If we award it a licence, it will be allowed to sponsor students.

If you are a student from within the EEA and you want to check that an education provider complies with the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006, you can download the archived register of education and training providers (PDF file 1.2MB opens in a new window) as last published by the Department for Innovation, Universities & Skills on 30 March 2009.

If you have any queries relating to the closure of the DIUS register, please email LETP.enquiries@UKBA.gsi.gov.uk.

I could find it on the DIUS Register:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... gister.pdf

but not on the PBS Register

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... seducation

which means it is a registered training institute but has not yet obtained a T4 license.. maybe the school is still workng on it.. why doesn't ur friend directly join anglica ruskin?

add_mah

Post by add_mah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:32 pm

the fees is £ 1500 higher in Angila Ruskin
and secondly there is no Feb intake left

potterbond007
Member of Standing

Post by potterbond007 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:35 pm

add_mah wrote:it takes you here... http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers ... fsponsors/

I would be careful of the school since eventhough they say that they have obtained the sponsor license, their name doesn't come up on the latest list.. They may be working on it but they haven't got it yet.. it's upto ur friend to decide and you to mail them maybe and collect more info like frontier mole said... maybe somebody else wouold be able to give you better advice and guidance.. i have nothin more to say on the matter.. thanks..