ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 (General)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nezinho

Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 (General)

Post by nezinho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:33 pm

The question I have is:

1. If I am on a T2Gen visa with an indefinite Sponsorship (because my job has no end date) and I lost my job for whatever reason, can I immediately apply for T1Gen (initial or extension) assuming I have accrued enough earnings over the year to meet the points requirement? At what point after losing my job am I out of status? Would I have to return home to apply for T1Gen?

2. Also if I knew of my impending loss of my job in advance, could I then apply for T1Gen as I would still be technically on T2Gen because I haven’t officially lost my job yet?

Please answer each question in turn.

Kind Regards,

Nezinho

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Switching from Tier 2 (General) to Tier 1 (General)

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:36 pm

1. Yes you can apply for Tier-1 as and when ready to do so.
2. If you knew in advance about you job, then it is better to plan in advance and do not wait to loose job.
nezinho wrote:The question I have is:

1. If I am on a T2Gen visa with an indefinite Sponsorship (because my job has no end date) and I lost my job for whatever reason, can I immediately apply for T1Gen (initial or extension) assuming I have accrued enough earnings over the year to meet the points requirement? At what point after losing my job am I out of status? Would I have to return home to apply for T1Gen?

2. Also if I knew of my impending loss of my job in advance, could I then apply for T1Gen as I would still be technically on T2Gen because I haven’t officially lost my job yet?

Kind Regards,

Nezinho

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

--> You can apply for Tier1(G) Visa even at the current stage if you can accumulate enough points and qualify as per the HO requirements..

Please check the PBS Calculator to see if you qualify for Tier1(G) at

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

-->If you loose your job and at the point you need to apply, in that case you should apply before your HR/company informs HO that you are no more working with them.. If you send you application before that you can stay in UK untill your application is processed

Kind Regards,

Nezinho

nezinho

Post by nezinho » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:47 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

--> You can apply for Tier1(G) Visa even at the current stage if you can accumulate enough points and qualify as per the HO requirements..

Please check the PBS Calculator to see if you qualify for Tier1(G) at

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

-->If you loose your job and at the point you need to apply, in that case you should apply before your HR/company informs HO that you are no more working with them.. If you send you application before that you can stay in UK untill your application is processed

Kind Regards,

Nezinho
Thanks for your answers guys. I need a little clarification with question 1:

I know I can apply for T1G Entry Clearance if I lose my job and apply from my home country. My question now is: How much time do I have in the UK AFTER I lose my job to apply for T1G safely?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 pm

Your queries (as above and many other) have been responded to in the other thread you've created.

May I suggest (to all, including the OP) that we continue this discussion at any one of the two places - either here or the one linked above. This will be helpful for the OP, others seeking similar information and also those who wish to respond to the queries (read everyone).

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:38 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Your queries (as above and many other) have been responded to in the other thread you've created..

May I suggest (to all, including the OP) that we continue this discussion at any one of the two places - either here or the one linked above. This will be helpful for the OP, others seeking similar information and also those who wish to respond to the queries (read everyone).

regards
Agreed.. there are many DUPLICATE Posts

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=50509

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 pm

The discussion continues at Switching between T1G and T2G.

regards