ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Zak_K

Post by Zak_K » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:28 pm

musab_27 wrote:Asalam alaycum all

My wife collected her passport today and was told her application was refused.

Obviously not the news i wanted to hear. My wife has explained that visa was refused on following:

1. Lack of evidence in respect of contact between me and my wife. While i had included photos of the wedding and phone cards. This was deemed insufficient. The refusal states they require photos of different stages of wedding, itemised phone bills, emails, letters etc.

2. For accommodation purposes, in the application i included a letter written and signed by my father who owns the property, stating that me and my life can live rent free at the property. I also included professional property report and official land reg. docs.

ECO has decided this means that i am seeking 3rd party support and thus application refused on this ground too. I am very surprised for refusal on this ground as most applicants apply in the above manner and are successful.

3. ON VAF i stated that i have been supporting my wife. ECO has said i have not provided proof of same.

I got married in April 2009 and left Pakistan at end of May. I had like most people left a few hundred with her to cover expenses. I further had to return to Pakistan in August due to the death of my mother in law. Again before leaving i left money with wife. In December just before she applied i sent money via western union, but on her brothers name.

4. Something about my wife being un-employed and seeking employment in UK. On the Application she clearly stated she will not be seeking work in UK, so what led the ECO to deny visa on this ground is beyond me.

Sorry to bore everyone, but any advice from any forum members of how i can appeal the above would be greatly appreciated.

I also want to warn any new applicants please be aware of the required supporting docs, send all proofs of everything, get a properly qualified immigration adviser/solicitor to check application before sending, get it checked by a couple as to my own downfall i only went with advice of one. It may cost a little, but definitely worth it if you want to avoid a lengthy appeals process and heartache.

To everyone waiting on decision be prepared for worst as when my wife collected her own visa, she stated all others present were refused too except a student. I wish i could have positive news but looks like the BHC are just looking for reasons to refuse.

I really hope from the bottom of my heart that all those waiting on a decision get a positive one inshAllah.
Sorry to hear that bro. You hit the nail right on the head when you say be prepared for the worst.

From how I see it, the main reason they rejected your visa is because they dispute your relationship, the 3rd party support issue is just stupid we know countless people who have had their visas accepted because of this. However I must ask, what exactly did the letter from your dad say? Did he imply he would cover your maintance costs, or just the accomodation?

Leave a paper trail for everything, send her money, send greeting cards back and forth (with stamps to prove they've come from Pakistan / England), and Inshallah the appeal process with be quick and painless.

Zak.

akhan19
Newly Registered

Post by akhan19 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 pm

salaam musab

i am sorry to hear your wife got refused

when i read what you had sent, i realised how lucky i was, i only sent pics of me and my wife at the wedding and a few after, i did not send any calling cards or any proof of calls for that matter, the whole process seems very inconsistent to me

as zak stated, possibly the letter did not contain all the information the ECO wanted to see

inshallah your patience will be rewarded, good luck

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:28 am

Asalam alaycum

Zak the letter simply stated that my dad would be allowing me and my wife to live rent free at the property. Nothing was mentioned about him covering maintainence costs.

I need to know if i should get a immigration lawyer to look through my case and decide whether to appeal case and how. Anyone know of any good immigration lawyers around Keighley, Bradford? Is the IAS any good?

Also could someone please tell me how often is it that a ECM overturns a decison and issues visa?

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 am

Another quick question. i've been looking at the AIT-2 appeal form and it states that you can either have paper hearing or oral hearing.

My question is if you chose to have oral hearing will the appeal form and other documentary evidence be reviewed by an ECM or will it go straight to a court hearing?

tazzie04
Newly Registered

Post by tazzie04 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:39 am

Hi Musab- Sorry to hear about your wife's application being refused, i'm really scared about my husbands application because we submitted calling cards and photos for proof of contact. It's strange because my brother also sent calling cards and his wifes app was accepted- i guess it's just luck of the draw and upon the ECO who's reviewing the application!

I know it's not fair but what can you do?

In realtion to you query with regards to the appeal process i found the following - i hope it helps! http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... nTheUK.pdf

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:45 pm

tazzie04 wrote:Hi Musab- Sorry to hear about your wife's application being refused, i'm really scared about my husbands application because we submitted calling cards and photos for proof of contact. It's strange because my brother also sent calling cards and his wifes app was accepted- i guess it's just luck of the draw and upon the ECO who's reviewing the application!

I know it's not fair but what can you do?

In realtion to you query with regards to the appeal process i found the following - i hope it helps! http://www.ait.gov.uk/Documents/FormsGu ... nTheUK.pdf

Hey tazzie dont worry inshallah you will be ok.

You will get some good news soon

nas786
Newly Registered

SPOUSE VISA

Post by nas786 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:30 pm

ASLAAM ALAI KUM

1.First I would like to thank ALLAH s.w.t

2.BATLEY KHAN your a top MAN and to the moderators of this site 8) 8) 8) 8)

I have been making sure that did everything you said Guys and guess what my wife got the VISA :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

In such a small amount of time i couldnt believe it myself, i thought there was a problem or she was refused.BUT GUESS WHAT she was given the visa IN ONLY [/b]26 DAYS from when i submitted the apllication in islamabad....

THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GUYS!!!!!

Inshallah everyone else will get there visas they way i did, Pray your namaz and duas WILL COMe TRUE

APPLICATION FORWADED ISLAMABAD: 21/12/09 ]APPLICATION+PASSPORT COLLECTED: 15/01/10
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Your post reflects your joy and happiness of your wife getting her visa.
Well done and I hope you will live ever happily with her inshallah :wink:

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: SPOUSE VISA

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:59 pm

nas786 wrote:ASLAAM ALAI KUM

1.First I would like to thank ALLAH s.w.t

2.BATLEY KHAN your a top MAN and to the moderators of this site 8) 8) 8) 8)

I have been making sure that did everything you said Guys and guess what my wife got the VISA :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

In such a small amount of time i couldnt believe it myself, i thought there was a problem or she was refused.BUT GUESS WHAT she was given the visa IN ONLY [/b]26 DAYS from when i submitted the apllication in islamabad....

THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GUYS!!!!!

Inshallah everyone else will get there visas they way i did, Pray your namaz and duas WILL COMe TRUE

APPLICATION FORWADED ISLAMABAD: 21/12/09 ]APPLICATION+PASSPORT COLLECTED: 15/01/10
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

No boring preaching please. Namaz and Dua don't get you visa, get real.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:10 pm

No boring preaching please. Namaz and Dua don't get you visa, get real.[/quote]

It may not get you the Visa but it does provide you with patience (sabr) and the waiting time becomes less painfull.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:33 pm

ukusman wrote:No boring preaching please. Namaz and Dua don't get you visa, get real.

It may not get you the Visa but it does provide you with patience (sabr) and the waiting time becomes less painfull.[/quote]

True. Dua can do anything depending on how effective it is.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

navalaviator
Member of Standing

spouse visa

Post by navalaviator » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi ukusman
Thankyou so much for your reply to my questions regarding the spouse visa bank statement.
Alright i have few more things to clear before applying or doing the spouse visa acrobat lol :)

1.I had applied for the fiance’ visa in mid of last year and it was refused..
Now i didnt make any appeal coz of the lenghty time period involving the process of appeal and further hearing etc.
My fiance' visa was refused coz my fiancee didnt have substantial funds in closing balance of her bank account which was very low (under 100 pounds) and i ignored that fact when applying the visa though the money in and out of the account was well over 8000 pounds so they refused it only on this financial situation every thing else was fine.
Although in my own account i had more then 1 million rupees to support myself but still they refused it only on this financial reason.

My fiancee and i decided to get married in pakistan and now we would be inshallah getting married in couple of months and we would be submitting a Spouse visa application for the very first time instead of a fiance' visa.

Refusal was devastating for me and i am so stressed these days reading peoples refusal stories to satisfy my heart that there are other people as well who are in the same boat :cry: :cry:

1.I just want to make it clear that can i make a spouse visa application?

2.Do i need to include the refusal notice of fiance' visa with new spouse visa application coz the one and only reason of refusal was closing balance of bank account which was under 100 pounds?

3.I and my fiance' are in constant contact with each other but we use calling cards so what what we need to do to avoid the rejection again coz i dont want it to get refused this time :cry:

4.According to the entry clearence guidance(sent to me from batleykhan)
the spouse visa applicant should provide atleast last 3 months bank statement of sponsor but i am planning to provide a last 4 months statement and the payslips instead of 6 months! so is that alright to produce a 4 month statement of my wife?

I would really appreciate your kind words and help.
Regards
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:23 pm

4.According to the entry clearence guidance(sent to me from batleykhan)
the spouse visa applicant should provide atleast last 3 months bank statement of sponsor but i am planning to provide a last 4 months statement and the payslips instead of 6 months! so is that alright to produce a 4 month statement of my wife?
Not exactly true. This is what it states in the document
Bank statements for at least the previous 6 months; showing regular deposits and withdrawals from the account:(the last statement should ldeally be no older than 4-6 before application is lodged) AND
I think you are getting confused between 6months bank statement and 3 months wage slips

ukusman

Re: spouse visa

Post by ukusman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi Navalaviator,

Batleykhan has clarified the wage slip and bank statment situation for you. To have the best chance for spousal visa you want to submit at least 6 months bank statements and 6 months wage slips if you can but if not 3 months would be sufficient.

In the VAF4 form you will have to write down any previous refusals you have had therefore you will need to tell them about your fiancee visa refusal. i would also write a letter detailing the reason for refusal, and possibly why you didnt appeal (because of time scale involved with the appeal).

Also do not submit any bank statements where you cant not provide the information on the provenence of those funds. The ECO regularly get statments from applicants with a large balance in them but nothing to show where the funds came from. Forexample if your unemployed have no income and you submit a bank statment with 1million rupees in it equivalent to (£10000) then no doubt there will be suspicions raised in the mind of the ECO.

"You say your in contact with your wife using calling cards" Calling cards dont prove anything. So to resolve this send each other some letters, emails and ask your wife to call you from her landline or mobile and then submit your monthly call history highlighting the calls made to you. You can also show any receipts of money your wife has sent you to support you while your in pakistan. These will all prove that your relationship is subsiting. And please please dont send 5 letters on the same day or the one every day because they will have the post office date stamp on them.
Last edited by ukusman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t_kaay

Post by t_kaay » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 pm

batleykhan....can you send me the guidance for entry clearance applications please. thanks

our india
BANNED

Post by our india » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:36 pm

!!!!!!!!!delet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by our india on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:41 pm

1.I just want to make it clear that can i make a spouse visa application?

Yes you can apply anytime you want

2.Do i need to include the refusal notice of fiance' visa with new spouse visa application coz the one and only reason of refusal was closing balance of bank account which was under 100 pounds?

No need to send refusal as they would be already aware of your previous refusal on their records. write an explanatory letter to explain why they made the wrong deision the last time you applied ( about your fiancees fianacial circumstances)

3.I and my fiance' are in constant contact with each other but we use calling cards so what what we need to do to avoid the rejection again coz i dont want it to get refused this time

Can your calling cards prove you called your fiancee and not some other friends and family. The answer is no,because you dont get printout of the numbers you have dialled with these calling cards. I am afraid it will most likely end in refusal again if you are not careful.

here what my guidance notes says about above
7. Letters/Phone cards/Means of Contact etc: If you have lived separately for some time, you must show how you have kept in touch and show that your marriage subsists (This is one of the moist common reason for refusal now).It is a common practice that we use cheap phone cards to call our relatives in Pakistan, but the trouble is that these cards do not show you have rung and spoken to your spouse. It is strongly advised that you use a phone where you can show an itemized bill for such calls. Write letters to your loved one, but make sure you keep them as proof. Contract by email is accepted to. If you have been to see your spouse after marriage, keep copies of the airline tickets, photos of you being together etc would also be helpful.
Last edited by batleykhan on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:51 pm

Dear Ignorent inwarsaw,

I am surprised on your comments regarding namaz and due.
Before I start conversation 1st make it clear are you human or donkey?

If you are muslim: you better know what is namaz and dua.
If you are hindu: you better know what is prathna/poja and dua.
If you are sikh: you better know what is ebadat and due.
If you are christian: you better know what is prayer and dua.
If you are bidhu or anyother religion: you better know who is God.

I dont think you are one of above. In fact you are a donkey. No namaz and dua for donkey like you.

I hope now you get real. thats what you were expecting mr donkey.

Pls note: If you are not donkey and one of above than do ask your parients. Due to their namaz/poja/prathna/ebadat/prayer and dua, God blessed them a human animal like you.

I wish you and your connected people could not get any type of visa unless you belive on namaz and dua.........

Go away.......
Please refrain from such comments. These are not allowed and if you continue with such comments, I am afraid you would be banned.

For your info I know Inwarsaw very well,He is a very intellectual Muslim, and I think you have not fully understood his comments
: :roll:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:00 am

TK and Others

If you are applying from Pakistan only, I can send you this doc if you pm with your email.

Remember this is a guidance I have written in view of the problems/.refusal etc faced by those applying for a spouse visa.

If you want more proffesional advice then contact an OISC advisor/solicitor

ukusman

Post by ukusman » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 am

Batley Khan,

INWARSAWS comment was totally inapproporiate. He was the one who went off topic.

our india
BANNED

Post by our india » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 am

batleykhan wrote:
Dear Ignorent inwarsaw,

I am surprised on your comments regarding namaz and due.
Before I start conversation 1st make it clear are you human or donkey?

If you are muslim: you better know what is namaz and dua.
If you are hindu: you better know what is prathna/poja and dua.
If you are sikh: you better know what is ebadat and due.
If you are christian: you better know what is prayer and dua.
If you are bidhu or anyother religion: you better know who is God.

I dont think you are one of above. In fact you are a donkey. No namaz and dua for donkey like you.

I hope now you get real. thats what you were expecting mr donkey.

Pls note: If you are not donkey and one of above than do ask your parients. Due to their namaz/poja/prathna/ebadat/prayer and dua, God blessed them a human animal like you.

I wish you and your connected people could not get any type of visa unless you belive on namaz and dua.........

Go away.......
Please refrain from such comments. These are not allowed and if you continue with such comments, I am afraid you would be banned.

For your info I know Inwarsaw very well,He is a very intellectual Muslim, and I think you have not fully understood his comments
: :roll:

Mr Khan

If so called inwarsaw is intellectual muslim he should not comment like that. I wish you understand his comments.

His comments are unacceptable. Better to be banned on such type of forum where one donkey throw unacceptable comments and other protects him.

May GOD give you hidayat.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:20 am

Batley Khan,

INWARSAWS comment was totally inapproporiate. He was the one who went off topic.
I agree he went of topic,but that is no excuse for the other chap to make comments like he did. Inwarsaw by the way is Pakistani himself.

Dr Logic
BANNED

Post by Dr Logic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am

DELET
Last edited by Dr Logic on Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

setm
BANNED

Post by setm » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:26 am

batleykhan wrote:
Batley Khan,

I agree he went of topic,but that is no excuse for the other chap to make comments like he did. Inwarsaw by the way is Pakistani himself.

Batleykhan. what do you mean? All pakistanis are exempt from such kind of stupid comments. I'm allhumdolilla pakistani but never heard such kind of comments. You and Inwarsa must applogize..................

setm

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 am

Batleykhan,

I can not belive you are protecting insarsaw. By saying him intellectual muslim, tum nah yar saray muslims k toheen kar de. Sham on you.
I am not protecting Inwarsaw. Whilst we may not agree with his comments, his comments were not personal attacks on an individual unlike Mr India who called him a "Donkey".