ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension - Insufficient Maintainance Funds for Dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anio

Extension - Insufficient Maintainance Funds for Dependents

Post by Anio » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:46 am

Hello,

I intend to apply for HSMP extension sometime in May but don't have enough maintenance funds to cover my dependents. Can i apply for my visa first then apply for their extension two months later? All visas expire early August, but i need to apply early to gain points for age.

Has anyone had this type of experience or heard of a similar case? I'm having sleepless nights on this extension issues, can't wait to get it over and done with.

Your responses are much appreciated. Thanks.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Extension - Insufficient Maintainance Funds for Dependen

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:57 am

Anio wrote:Hello,

I intend to apply for HSMP extension sometime in May but don't have enough maintenance funds to cover my dependents. Can i apply for my visa first then apply for their extension two months later? All visas expire early August, but i need to apply early to gain points for age.

Has anyone had this type of experience or heard of a similar case? I'm having sleepless nights on this extension issues, can't wait to get it over and done with.

Your responses are much appreciated. Thanks.
I think you can apply first and then for the dependents. But, there are a few things you need to think about in regards to that.

1. You will have to pay full fee for the dependents when you apply for them seperately.

2. You will have to show maintenance for the main applicant and all the dependents, even if you are applying only for the dependents.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Extension - Insufficient Maintainance Funds for Dependen

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:18 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
I think you can apply first and then for the dependents. But, there are a few things you need to think about in regards to that.

1. You will have to pay full fee for the dependents when you apply for them seperately.

2. You will have to show maintenance for the main applicant and all the dependents, even if you are applying only for the dependents.
In addition to Aruni4470.. i would also check with HO (by Email and Phone).. how within how much time period the dependents should apply and switch once main applicant makes changes in his/her visa ( i remember the grace period is with 28days the dependents should apply)
just to make sure the things are correct.. pls contact HO

vks

Post by vks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:21 pm

The extension visa does not state when the validity starts though!

So, the dependant's Visa would be valid until the expiry date. To ensure that it is better to write to HO as Ramesh said!
Regards,
vks

Anio

Post by Anio » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:04 pm

:( i didn't realise i would have to show maintenance funds for myself again. That would be tough after paying application fees for dependants.

If I write the HO, what reason will I give for dependants not applying same time as me since we're all in the UK? Would it look suspicious?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Anio wrote::( i didn't realise i would have to show maintenance funds for myself again. That would be tough after paying application fees for dependants.

If I write the HO, what reason will I give for dependants not applying same time as me since we're all in the UK? Would it look suspicious?
Yes there is always a disadvantegous applying seperately because:

1. You have to pay Visa Fees while applying for dependent again
2. You have to maintain funds for both YOu and dependents when you apply again..

HO will not be asking you or will be suspecious why you are applying alone.. or why your dependents did not apply.. because dependents can be out of country or anything..

so find out ways to show maintenance funds at this try only..

Please note that you can show maintenance funds in bank accounts IN and OUT of UK and you can show maintenance funds in a combination of 1 or more accounts where you are the main or joint account holder

Dependents can show maintenance funds in their own bank accounts..

so check these options and try your best.. goodluck

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:13 pm

Anio wrote::( i didn't realise i would have to show maintenance funds for myself again. That would be tough after paying application fees for dependants.

Page 8 of PBS dependent policy guidance
43. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.

Anio

Post by Anio » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:43 am

I have given this a thought again and trying to see if I can apply for husband and I initially, then when visa approved will apply for kids by which time I would have their maintenance fund.
Question is: would I have to show maintenance funds for my husband again, since I would be showing mine already as the main applicant?

I’m sorry to bother you all with these financial questions, we are slowly getting our of our personal recession :)

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:53 am

I’m sorry to bother you all with these financial questions, we are slowly getting our of our personal recession :)
Dont worry, most of us are sailing in the same boat.
Question is: would I have to show maintenance funds for my husband again, since I would be showing mine already as the main applicant?
I think yes.

43. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family.

Anio

Post by Anio » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:02 am

Thank you aruni4470, at least i know what is expected now.

Anio

Post by Anio » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:47 am

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed this in the policy guide document, under maintenance funds, point no. 199, The evidence of maintenance must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), loan or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period, are not acceptable.

If it's any consolation to others like me struggling to get the required maintenance funds - loans are acceptable maintenance funds :D

I hope I'm right in my assumption!

hsmpaspirant2008

Post by hsmpaspirant2008 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:35 pm

Yes true, though loans are accepted, you will still have to show funds in your account for 3 preceding months before you apply, so if you decide to go the loan route you will need to hurry up. You can pay off the loan the next day you get your visa and reduce the interest you pay on it.

Most banks charge you an early payment penalty when you close your loan by paying off, to get away with least fees you can pay the balance less 10 pounds for which you will not be charged any penalty and pay off the last 10 pounds with interest the next month :)

Good luck.
Anio wrote:Hi Everyone,

I just noticed this in the policy guide document, under maintenance funds, point no. 199, The evidence of maintenance must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), loan or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period, are not acceptable.

If it's any consolation to others like me struggling to get the required maintenance funds - loans are acceptable maintenance funds :D

I hope I'm right in my assumption!
:)