ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Natwest Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kkariru
Newly Registered

Natwest Bank Statements

Post by kkariru » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 am

Hi,

I am new to forum. I am on HSMP and would be extending under Tier 1 General. I have a few queries regarding my bank statements.

1. I bank with Natwest and I receive statements by post. My statement period is 23rd-23rd each month. As I will be applying in the 1st week of February, I would need a statement from 23rd to 1st. My last salary deposit will also be in this period (28th) and this period would be part of the 3 month maintenance period. I have approached the bank to see if they give a statement. They give a statement which has my account number, stamp and initial it. But, there is no name. Is this statement printed from the branch acceptable by HO? I am a bit paranoid about it.

2. I am showing same account for salary and maintenance fund. Do I have to get two statements or just mention in the cover letter that the statements submitted are for both salary proof and also maintenance fund?

Can the seniors and gurus please comment on this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Natwest Bank Statements

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:43 pm

kkariru wrote:Hi,

I am new to forum. I am on HSMP and would be extending under Tier 1 General. I have a few queries regarding my bank statements.

1. I bank with Natwest and I receive statements by post. My statement period is 23rd-23rd each month. As I will be applying in the 1st week of February, I would need a statement from 23rd to 1st. My last salary deposit will also be in this period (28th) and this period would be part of the 3 month maintenance period. I have approached the bank to see if they give a statement. They give a statement which has my account number, stamp and initial it. But, there is no name. Is this statement printed from the branch acceptable by HO? I am a bit paranoid about it.

Please read the HO GUIDANCE which says something as below..

Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
so please get your electronic bankstatements to be signed/stamped on each page of the statement as this is used for both previous earnings and Maintenance funds also..

2. I am showing same account for salary and maintenance fund. Do I have to get two statements or just mention in the cover letter that the statements submitted are for both salary proof and also maintenance fund?

-- You can use the same statements for both.. mention in the cover letter

Can the seniors and gurus please comment on this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Alternatively if you do not have enough time you can still use the current ORIGINAL Bankstatements,

If you can claim enough points for earnings points using salary period from 1st Jan 09 to 31 Dec 09.. use those periods for earnigs and use the latest 3months ORIGINAL bankstatements for maintenance funds.. in that case you do not require to go to bank to get electronic prints and signs/stamps.. give it a thought..

nero_44
Newly Registered

Post by nero_44 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 pm

I also bank with natwest. I'd advise to call the hotline where you can order statements to be sent by post (mine took 4 business days). They have this automatic number navigation system on their hotline, where they do offer an option "if you want to receive bank statements, press x". dont go there, as it does not allow you to specify the period. I asked to speak to someone and was able to give the exact dates of the statements required. They will be sent on original A4 natwest letterhead with a/c number,name etc. on it. So no need to sign or stamp etc.

ps, my account is set to online statements only. so I am not entirely sure whether the above works if you do receive paper statements regularly.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks Nero and Ramesh.

I think I will order statements and go with the original ones.

Nero- when you said hotline, did you mean phone banking number or is there another number to order statements. Your help is much appreciated.

kkariru
Newly Registered

Post by kkariru » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:56 pm

Thanks everybody.

Aruni Do you think I should wait for original through post?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:03 pm

kkariru wrote:Thanks everybody.

Aruni Do you think I should wait for original through post?
If you have time, that is the best option.

nero_44
Newly Registered

Post by nero_44 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 pm

aruni4470 wrote:Thanks Nero and Ramesh.

Nero- when you said hotline, did you mean phone banking number or is there another number to order statements. Your help is much appreciated.
yes. If I recall correctly, that's the number I called.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:16 pm

nero_44 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Thanks Nero and Ramesh.

yes. If I recall correctly, that's the number I called.
thanks nero